Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Discwing Quarter K

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
LowGo

Post by LowGo »

I got my QK today from Mace. I threw it probably 25-35 foot past my beast and 15-25 foot past my starfire. I had quite a bit of tail wind. I did manage to get it ran over by a UPS semi. There is not to much damage. Just impressions on the bottom lip. I need to throw it more, but overall I think it is a good disc if you can learn to control it.
DanO

Post by DanO »

I'll be ordering up a few more of these, they throw really well for me.

I really like the feel of the grippy, semi-soft plastic and oversized lip. It's really comfortable and helps me get a better release.
Ring

Post by Ring »

The disc seems to fly slow but, right when it gets ready to hyzer it starts to lift. I think thats why its seems to go farther. Haven't really thrown it back hand yet, only use it to flick. If you put extreme anni on it it will look like it is going to go straight into the ground then it raises up and goes straight for quit some distance before it hyzers hard at the end. Pretty impressive first disc by this european company :D :D :D
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
DanO

cc

Post by DanO »

Yeah, I've noticed the lift too.

Edit: Also, they seem to get really beat, really fast. Or maybe just these two that I have.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Does anyone know about any new disc from these people? I saw the new disc golf world news and it looks like they are adding two more discs to the line.
discgolfer_1999

Post by discgolfer_1999 »

Yeah discwing is producing a mid range and putter to complete the series, but they are just starting to work on them. It will be some time before they are available to the public. I talk to Johny regularly and I will let you know when i hear more
Marshall

Post by Marshall »

I like mine alot it's getting serious air time out of my bag.

Scott I saw Q for the first time in a long time last night at league but forgot about his $4. :oops: Doh!
superq

Post by superq »

4$???
discgolfer_1999

I am not too worried about it, just hold it and when i see you again you can buy me a cold one
Ring

Post by Ring »

This disc can't stand one hit on a tree :!: Traded both of mine for champion Orc. Might throw it again if they get stronger plastic. If I forhand it and hit something it's toast, worse than DX plastic. My putter can take abetter blow then this thing. :roll: It does fly good though :!:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

Those poor european's I was thinking maybe we can do for them what we are going to do for Africa, and send them some real plastic. From what I know this $#!t is junk. :lol: :P :twisted:
discgolfer_1999

I talked to johny today from discwing and he told me he is working on a second disc that is going to be an improved plastic. So we will have to see what it is like. maybe the trees and ground is softer in England but mine still flies just as good as when I got it. It does ding up a little but the flight pattern is the same. Either way I will be happy to see the new plastic as well
DanO

Post by DanO »

discgolfer_1999 wrote:I talked to johny today from discwing and he told me he is working on a second disc that is going to be an improved plastic. So we will have to see what it is like. maybe the trees and ground is softer in England but mine still flies just as good as when I got it. It does ding up a little but the flight pattern is the same. Either way I will be happy to see the new plastic as well
I have started using Avengers just based on the plastic of the Discwings alone. Hit a tree or two with a backhand, or even a strong sidearm, and it's got huge bulges and bumps.
storm_front

Post by storm_front »

My QK is a straight flyer for me tails off at the end though ( very minimal) the lift everyone talks about is there, maybe a little more distance. I also hit a tree the other day with it, and it bouced off there really HARD. but no damage. so its a keeper in my bag. I also bought these 2 QK for $9 on discgolfstore.com. had them in 3 days.
blizzards,buzzards,bastards
Notorious ROG

Post by Notorious ROG »

Threw one of mine just once, hit a tree down the fairway, now it is scarred bad, sooooooo I got one for sale used slight blemish :wink: & one for sale that's mint new....... or offer me up a trade, champion Orcs or Z pred or Z flashes or TSUNAMI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!