Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

disc golf bags

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

The innova bag will last 3 years if not abused, but the quality of material isn't as good as the revolution. There is nothing on the bottom of the bag to protect it from rubbing on the ground and I imagine over time will start to wear on the fabric. I use the discarrier and it is definately a light bag and has a lot of storage room. I know people who have had a revo bag though for 5+ years and they are still in good condition. You could buy two discarriers for the price of one revo bag though. In short, the revo bag is better quality, but also much pricier.
Anita

Post by Anita »

Is something REALLY cheaper if you have to keep buying it over and over?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The DiscCarrier is a good bag. It'd take some serious abuse to wear this bag out.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Buy a Revo or a Gateway and keep Americans working
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Or buy a Hero Disc sports and keep the Japanese working! (Like me)
gippy

Re: disc golf bags

Post by gippy »

Revo all the way i Had the Innova bag good bag but you'll have the revo longer
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

I really like my Gorilla Boy. lots of pockets and well reinforced.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

I know your old man`s pretty hairy,but you`ve got to quit callin` him Gorilla Boy.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Ring

Post by Ring »

Rev bag all the way!! Had mine for almost 3 yeas now :shock: Other then being dirty, its like brand new.. i don't think I'll ever have too buy a new one :!:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

I'm getting a new bag Had my Lightning bag since 1996. zippers all still work but i have pached the bottom so many times i don't think i can put any more on it.. I am looking at getting a revolution bag. I saw Bo's bag at league and liked the look of it and it seems realy sturdy. I have also seen Ring back pack revo bag and like the extra storage it has. So any one who knows both the carolina bag and the back pack bag by revolution could you tell me which one would acually take a beating better and which one you think would be most practical for tying down on the bike and rideing on the hyway with? I need info before I plunk down that much for a bag.

Oh wanted to add two things. I carry 18 discs now. also I will be taking the dog i got for christmas with me to the course now and then. Yes he rides the bike. I tie him to my bag which works great untill he see a bunny then he does pull the bag around.lol it need to be drag proof.lol
Chain smoker
doc

Post by doc »

The worst thing I've heard about the Rev Dual Pack is that the large coverage area on your back can get quite warm/sweaty during the hotter months...other than that, if you need/want the storage space - you'll certainly have it!

My Carolina bag is well made and way durable. I would like to have a few more small zip-able pockets if I had my 'druthers.

Rev - Worth the money.

http://www.discgolfer.com/bags.html
A proud KDGA member since 1/1/09!
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

thanks doc great info . I never thought about the area the pack would cover. Good point. So thats one thing I got to think about and weigh do i want more room to carry stuff and is it worth covering more of my back? hey Ring or any one else with the pack, do you get botherd by the extra area covering your back?

How about durability Doc does the carolina hold up really well. How many discs do you carry?
Chain smoker
doc

Post by doc »

Mine is nearly 3 years old and virtually no wear carrying 22 discs.
A proud KDGA member since 1/1/09!
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

doc wrote:Mine is nearly 3 years old and virtually no wear carrying 22 discs.
Yeah, but how much of that three years has it been cradled around the course in a baby stro... uh, disc golf cart... :lol:
Eschew Obfuscation
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

Friz-Rocker wrote:I know your old man`s pretty hairy,but you`ve got to quit callin` him Gorilla Boy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: