New Discraft

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
ronconversjr

Re: New Discraft

Postby ronconversjr » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 pm

I got the chance to do a little comparative launching tonight. I took 2-Z Stalkers, a retooled Z-Tracker,a Z Surge SS, a creamy Z Surge, a Z-XS,an ESP Flash(light purple), a Z Crush and an Avenger SS. All these discs were fresh out of the shipping box. I threw East and West with a South wind on an open field. The results were a little surprising. The Stalkers flew a lot like the retooled tracker but had a little less glide at the end of their flight. Very predictable even with the choppy wind. My best distance BOTH directions was the ESP flash, in fact it may have gone further than all but a very few shots I've ever thrown.Stability from least to most as follows SS Avenger,SS Surge, ESP Flash, Z-XS, Z-Stalker, Z-Tracker, Z-Surge, Z-Crush. I really liked the Stalkers at about 280-325. The Z-Tracker gave me the second longest drive (from West to East) probably because it was soooo straight! I see what you mean Smitty! NICE!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com

basket_case

Postby basket_case » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:34 pm

ronconversjr wrote:My best distance BOTH directions was the ESP flash, in fact it may have gone further than all but a very few shots I've ever thrown.

Would you care to share some numbers?

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:14 pm

One Zillion.

Swede

Postby Swede » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:00 pm

color on that tracker? esp or z?
Throw Millennium.

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:15 am

Loving my white 'clone

Leo D.

Postby Leo D. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:31 am

:D Brandon

As far as speed, how is it compared to a tracker? Low fade discs at low speeds are good discs to have around. I thought i had seen one of these in person, but come to think of it, i think what i saw was that crazy disc from europe, stryker or some bs.

Swede

Postby Swede » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 am

yeah, the striker (latitude 64) is said to be dead nuts straight too. haven't thrown one yet. stalker probably a titch slower than the tracker. the profile is a little more old school than the tracker. i'm curious sng and ron, how's the cyclone compare to the stalker? they both have that thinner rim and a little dome. cyclone is supposed to be pretty versatile too, right?
Throw Millennium.

skeen

Postby skeen » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:25 pm

ronconversjr wrote:Stability from least to most as follows SS Avenger,SS Surge, ESP Flash, Z-XS, Z-Stalker, Z-Tracker, Z-Surge, Z-Crush. I really liked the Stalkers at about 280-325. The Z-Tracker gave me the second longest drive (from West to East) probably because it was soooo straight! I see what you mean Smitty! NICE!

weird how the ss surge and flash were less than than the xs and surge more stable than the tracker. how are the new crushes in your opinion?

smitty

Postby smitty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:06 am

Tossed the Stalker a few times this morning. Holy mother trucker do I have a problem now! Tracker, Clone, Stalker? Which one is staying in the bag?

Tracker probably for sure.
Stalker if I need a "Tracker" type shot, with a replacable disc. This thing really is a farther flying Buzzz.
Clone if I need to throw some crazy anhyzers or down a long slope.

Thanks Discraft, for making my life just a little harder and easier at the same time.

Anakha

Postby Anakha » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm

ronconversjr wrote: a retooled Z-Tracker
Retooled how? This is the first I've heard of it. The only Trackers I've thrown are the first red ones with just the DISCRAFT stamp.

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:03 pm

The new re-tooled fly more similar to the red Players cup ones. The production Z trackers they had for a while had a bit more fade on them

Anakha

Postby Anakha » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Do the Player's Cup Z's differ in flight from the originals? I noticed the plastic is different. The Player's were much more transparent and stiff, and the First D stamps were somewhat gummy and very opaque.

ronconversjr

Postby ronconversjr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:26 pm

I think the mold got polished (cleaned) after the Players Cup Z run, and as a result the next run was overstable in comparison to the original. The retool corrected this and brought back the straight flyer.
www.DynamicDiscs.com

ronconversjr

Postby ronconversjr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:36 pm

basket_case wrote:
ronconversjr wrote:My best distance BOTH directions was the ESP flash, in fact it may have gone further than all but a very few shots I've ever thrown.

Would you care to share some numbers?

On flat ground approx. 490 throwing east and 530+ throwing west. It just kept going and going....
www.DynamicDiscs.com

ronconversjr

Postby ronconversjr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:53 pm

b dale wrote:color on that tracker? esp or z?

Z and goldenrod with a red stamp
www.DynamicDiscs.com

Return to “Discs and Gear”