Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

New Discraft

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
Peng

Re: New Discraft

Post by Peng »

Anyone notice that the stamp on the newer esp and flx discs seems to warp the plastic? I just got an Avenger FLX and it's the most warped I've seen. Does this alter the performance of the disc? If it does I'm only going to buy Z plactic from now on.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

I haven't seen this problem yet. Where did you purchase the disc?
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

I got to check out a few limited runs at Worlds. X- Force (snowball white)-the light ones bomb and are moderately overstable. Glow Z Buzz-clear white/pink with ghost stamp (so pretty I can't throw it ...yet). Z-Stalker in the same Glow material (nice) seemed slightly more stable than my yellow one.And the surprise Bomber...an Orange ESP Flick---- Keep your eyes open for these cool toys. I bet Rusco ended up with a few of the nice ones at DD!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Fun new toys in the works. The newest hottest fastest is supposed to be a step up from what is commercially available for distance. The testers like! 8) Hoping to get a couple to try as soon as I can :twisted: I LOVE NEW TOYS!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

PDGA has approved the Discraft Nuke. Looks like the Boss has some competition now.

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthre ... 08&page=60

I won't be throwing it, but I love the name. 8)
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

ronconversjr wrote:Fun new toys in the works. The newest hottest fastest is supposed to be a step up from what is commercially available for distance. The testers like! 8) Hoping to get a couple to try as soon as I can :twisted: I LOVE NEW TOYS!
Did you get any yet?
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

I expect to get my new toys in the next 2 weeks. The Nuk driver, and Focus putter will be given thorough testing soon. With a wider wing than any other disc, it might be hard for those unfamiliar with wide width grips to throw it. :roll: Somehow, I think I'll manage. Should be for sale as a Memorial fundraiser disc soon. I'm sure Dynamic Discs will have a stock of whatever is available.
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Nuke-em! Very fast! My first impression was that it was a little too stable... then I came to my senses. :D It's good to be humbled occasionally, and remember that you CAN NOT speed flip all discs! To throw this disc correctly, you MUST set the angle of flight you want ...a slight anhyzer and lean on it a little bit, I mean put your shoulder into it. Fun to watch it sail! I watched Brendan almost roll one on his first try. Josh Crowl put one out about 500ft (semi-effortlessly) uphill. The speed of this disc is going to take me some time to get used to. The flight characteristics are a little different than anything I've ever tried. I like it a lot, but perfecting the correct way to max out it's benefits is going to take a little experimentation. So far I've only thrown in calm conditions. I really want to know how wind will or won't affect it. I do know that a lower height line drive throw is necessary to prevent the serious and inevitable stall and hyzer fall which occurs on all high shots. I think Smitty might have a few testers as well, and I'm looking forward to hearing his opinion. FFFFAAAAASSSSSTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
smitty

Post by smitty »

Have only thrown it a dozen or so times.

When I figure it out, it will go a looooooooong ways. I threw it like a Force and it flipped and smashed into the ground. I threw it with Hyzer and it went far, flipped and went farther, stabled out and went even farther.

I also hit some trees that were a long ways away. I expected the disc to hit and fall, but it still had the speed to smash and fly off the trees.

It is going to take a little more practice before it becomes my go to bomber, but look out when it does.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

How about a half stregth or 3/4 strength throw?. How does it fly then ? . I think adding this info will give us Lighter throwers and idea if the disc is good for us also
Chain smoker
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I think Smitty's flys like a fast beat up wraith. Seems like they are having the initial inconsistency issues that Innova sees in the Boss so far. I am sure they will straighten it out before release.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Just received the newer incarnation and soon to be production model Nuke. Like the test runs, a very fast disc. I think the production run will be a little more stable than the original "ss" testers. The plastic is a sweet blend which seems fairly stiff, yet still has that" live" feel in my hands. The original testers were Nuk SS's, and there was a weight problem. The problem has been resolved and one of the toys I'm testing weighs in at 167 gr.(also the furthest flying and most stable of the bunch for me!) This is the NEWEST HOTTEST FASTEST! :D Gotta love it! :twisted: Can you say longer yet....thanks, :roll: I knew you could!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Got a production run 2010 Memorial fundraiser Nuke. Looks like Glo plastic with a radiation hazard stamp offset. So much for how it looks. Went to 5th st. park in Ponca after work last night to give it a quick test drive. Standing on old hole 8's tee pad I threw it to just past 6's tee pad on my first throw! This is slightly down hill but still a 500ft + throw! A friend of mine showed up who throws Wraiths. Thinking about what Chris said, I tried comparative flights. Not that much alike. I've thrown a light Boss a few times, and it was a closer match, but The Nuke seems meatier. It's going to take me a while to get the real feel for this disc, but when I get it figured out, I expect throws much further than I can accomplish with anything else.
Oh! Yeah! I watched Jim Soutter throw hole 13 at Ponca Lake. The throw was a little wide and too high. 200 ft up and jet propelled! His Hyzer went almost to hole 16! Maybe 600 ft! :shock: Just astonishing! No wind. Just pulled it a little high and right!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

The other disc I received was the Focus putter. I got both D and Soft X varieties to try. The Focus seems to be a little straighter than the Challengers I normally throw. Used as a driver, the Focus has pretty good stability with just enough left turn to flatten an anhyzer drive and let it slide in, instead of rolling. I think this will become one of the more popular putters because it seems to be a truly "Stable" disc. Not too overstable or understable for a beginner to pick up and learn fairly easily. Less correcting for built in flight characteristics! I look forward to hearing how other folks review it.
www.DynamicDiscs.com
one19

Post by one19 »

The button's been pushed.

Begin launch sequence.

Nuke "em baby !
`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`