Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Friz Diva League

The disc golf scene for women in Kansas
DUH

Friz Diva League

Post by DUH »

For those of you who aren't familiar with it yet, the Kansas ladies have started a monthly gathering- Friz Diva League!

It's a free, fun, girly disc golf gathering. Please invite your friends. Feel free to join us, even if you haven't played. I've got loaner discs & we'll show you the ropes. There may be some fun prizes involved. Call me for more information: Miranda 316-633-2446.

A little FDL history:
I've had the privilege of watching the number of women playing Disc Golf grow, over that last 10 years, from 1 or 2 at a tournament or league to 7-10 or more! It's been great, but it's high time we all got together and played. So the last year or 2, the local Wichita/Wellington ladies have been spontaneously getting together for a ladies only round (well, the guys can join us, but only if they're willing to wear a skirt & thong). This hasn't really been a competitive thing so much as just a casual round where us girls can just be girls: throw like girls, talk like girls, and all that other girls stuff that can't be mentioned cuz we need to keep the guys wondering :wink: If there were to be some kind of board of directors for our FDL, I'd have to give tribute to Kile B from Wellington, Lil' Deb Imel from Wichita and Ashlyn Rozean from Hays/Wichita. These ladies have been attending since before we even had a name for our league. Thank you, ladies, for helping me get the ball rolling on this! Since the beginning we've traditionally had at least 3 girls show up for our league; we're hoping that number will grow quickly now that we've gone public. You can view our event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 4232280469 to see when and where we will meet next. Please join us!
Last edited by DUH on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
smitty

Re: Friz Diva League

Post by smitty »

DUH wrote:helping me get the ball rolling on this!

This needs to be changed! We gave you a thread for your girl stuff. Keep us dudes out of it please.
DUH

Post by DUH »

:lol:
Like I said, there's some things you dudes just don't want to know about.
For instance, I wasn't referring to any guys' balls... us hard core chicks have our own pair :shock:
Maybe I should have said thanks for helping me get the discs rolling...
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

9/26 league - Casual had four girls around oak for a few holes here and there, in and out depending on the times we were free to play. Thnks to all the ladies for getting out and supporting FDL!!!

Next league Scheduled for 10/3
DUH

Post by DUH »

Here we go ladies!

Friz Diva League kicks off again on Wednesday, March 23.
We'll meet at Oak Park at 6:00.

I'm making the schedule now. We plan on Wed evenings and Sunday afternoons, kind of at random. Schedule will be posted soon here, on Faceboook and at the courses.

Call me with any questions
Miranda 316-633-2446
DUH

Post by DUH »

Next FDL:

Wednesday, March 30 @ 6:00PM

Sunday, April 3 @ 2:00PM

We'll keep meeting at Oak park unless otherwise announced.

Hope to see lots of ladies out :wink:
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

I'll be out there sunday! see you then :D
DUH

Post by DUH »

Next FDL will be Wednesday April 13th, 6:00 PM at Oak Park.
DUH

Post by DUH »

Friz Diva League Schedule for the rest of April. We'll keep meeting at Oak until otherwise announced. I've seen a lot of girls playing at Oak & I'd like to give them a chance to join us.

Wed, April 13 @ 6:00 PM
Saturday, April 23 @ 2:00 PM
Wed, April 27 @ 6:00 PM
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

FDL LADIES!!! Sunday Dec 4 around 3ish at Oak. bring yer boy toys if ya want! hope to see a few of my girls out there!!
DUH

Post by DUH »

Check this out! A Global Womens event http://www.discgolf4women.com/index.php ... nizer.html
Gotta love all the great things Val Jenkins & the PDGA Women's comittee are doing for the ladies!
I see the Cap City Classic is on May 12... Maybe LS Discs will get in on this.

If not, maybe Duh will be running a tourny that weekend :mrgreen: