Centennial park

Moderator: Kindy

Scottism

Centennial park

Postby Scottism » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:20 am

Stopped by the 9 hole course in Newton yesterday. It could be my favorite 9-holer. Played 3 rounds. Missed 6&7 first time around then went back to track them down. Got 27,26,27 score. Especially like 4 & 5. Hope it expands to 18. Was wondering if the tall grass around 4 & 6 is meant to be OB. Could certainly benefit from a bridge betwixt 4/5/6/7, and there is no notation @ the tees as to which box they are. Met some 1st timers playing it backwards with ultimate discs 'cause it was all the store they went to was selling. Tried to give them some free found plastic but I must be scary or creepy or they just weren't that into it. Anywho, check it out if you're out & about.

Coueylicious

Re: Centennial park

Postby Coueylicious » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:38 am

I played this course for the second time this morning and for the first time since May of last year. I was curious as to why the tree line that was in front of 4's basket was taken out. It changed the dynamic of the hole entirely. Now it's just a wide open 400+ ft hole, which is fine, I was just looking for some logical reasoning for the change.
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".

Swede

Postby Swede » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Coueylicious wrote:I played this course for the second time this morning and for the first time since May of last year. I was curious as to why the tree line that was in front of 4's basket was taken out. It changed the dynamic of the hole entirely. Now it's just a wide open 400+ ft hole, which is fine, I was just looking for some logical reasoning for the change.

Disease. City's decision--not golfers'.
It went from poor hole design to no hole design. I guess you could play tall grass O.B. to make it a little less advantageous to big arms.
Throw Millennium.

Coueylicious

Postby Coueylicious » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:24 pm

I did like that their was taller grass throughout that helped define fairways/greens on certain holes. I didn't figure any frolfers made the decision to take the trees out. That kinda sucks.
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".

Return to “Newton”