Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wood Bowl Five

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
Ring

Post by Ring »

Friz-Rocker wrote:Now your trying to blow smoke up everybody`s ass.
The guys that came up with the tub concept are 2 of our most dominate pro masters and they could probably wipe the floor with your ass.
Think BEFORE you open your mouth.
Im a ok player, and I beat him on the basket course. Harv would destroy this guy in a round of golf. Half of Wichitas Ams would beat him. Just giving these people on the forum a little feed back on your game. So don't choke up a Lung :shock:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
smitty

Post by smitty »

I don't think you have to be a World Class player to know about course design. I have watched several of the "Worlds Best Players" bitch and complain about many good holes.

I think that most of the things that Jeff AKA the Lung is bringings up are very true. The tubs are worthless! Most of them were with in a few feet of the hole and made very little change. The things he brings up about the Wichita courses are true for the most part. Oak is more wooded, Herman is pretty much wide open. Even the holes with trees have options to take most of the trees out of play. I wish that I had both or either course to play/use on a regular basis. They both have some cool holes.

The tubs are no fun at all. I can pretty much put the disc under the tub from 100 feet from any lie. I can also run at some putts on a basket from 60 or 70 feet and make the comeback putt. Basically with the tubs if you are more then 20 foot out you are laying up.

The tone poles we have out there are 10 times as fun as the tubs. There are actually some cool tone pole holes. I have a feeling the tub course will get about as much use as the "down under" course. Little to none.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Friz-Rocker wrote:Winfield discgolf history has an element of crazy,fun,unique,challenging and diverse play, and to criticize that without knowing about it.......i guess that`s okay.I just feel sorry for people who know and don`t get it.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Oh, I get it.

It is kind of like riding a horse to work when you own a car.
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

:D :D :D :D :D
Ring

Post by Ring »

Id play it again..It was fun to do something differant. I made a 60fter and me and Josh made 1 or 2 each outside 20. really its just a matter of opinion. It was fun for me :D
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

Personally I liked the tub in the car; the rest I could do without.
the_lung

Post by the_lung »

Ring wrote: Im a ok player, and I beat him on the basket course. Harv would destroy this guy in a round of golf. Half of Wichitas Ams would beat him. Just giving these people on the forum a little feed back on your game.
smitty wrote:I don't think you have to be a World Class player to know about course design.
Exactly. I've played nearly 200 courses in the United States in Canada since 1995 and have written a review / critique of everyone of them. I'm a member of the Disc Golf Course Designers Group and have provided design assistance to several courses, and am currently in the process of designing a 9-hole course in northeastern PA.

With that kind of experience, does it matter one bit that I (playing the course completely blind) finished tied for second place in Open, but one stroke worse than an Advanced sandbagger? It's also disappointing to see that when given ample opportunity to express his sentiments to me in person, (we played the entire second round together) Ring chooses to do so after the fact and from behind his computer screen. At least I called him a sandbagger at the tourney to his face. :lol:
Got 6?
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

The same group that bitches about everything Harv and Rich do[co-founders of the KDGA] still show up and play their events.
Let`s see what do they call that kind of behavior?

Clue: the word starts with an H
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
STEW

Post by STEW »

"Hilarious" to everyone that reads these post...
"If you don't go for it, you won't make it..."
Downtown James Brown
smitty

Post by smitty »

I give all the things they do atleast 1 shot.

I also told Rich that the buckets were dumb! Nobody is attacking Harv or Rich here. We are just simply stating that the tubs were NO FUN! In fact Harv had nothing to do with the tub idea.

The Wood Bowl and the Rich Ranch are both fun events.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

It could not have been the same without the burnt stew. Can you say tub of sh-t. Hell I was not even there to experience the good - bad time.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
Ring

Post by Ring »

the_lung wrote:
Ring wrote: Im a ok player, and I beat him on the basket course. Harv would destroy this guy in a round of golf. Half of Wichitas Ams would beat him. Just giving these people on the forum a little feed back on your game.
smitty wrote:I don't think you have to be a World Class player to know about course design.
Exactly. I've played nearly 200 courses in the United States in Canada since 1995 and have written a review / critique of everyone of them. I'm a member of the Disc Golf Course Designers Group and have provided design assistance to several courses, and am currently in the process of designing a 9-hole course in northeastern PA.

With that kind of experience, does it matter one bit that I (playing the course completely blind) finished tied for second place in Open, but one stroke worse than an Advanced sandbagger? It's also disappointing to see that when given ample opportunity to express his sentiments to me in person, (we played the entire second round together) Ring chooses to do so after the fact and from behind his computer screen. At least I called him a sandbagger at the tourney to his face. :lol:

Really, I don't remember that. And everyone that knows me knows I would have called you a kitty ass fairy bitch to your face. So...don't think it happened Lung Cancer..
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

LMMFAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: