Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wednesday Night Doubles League

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Well put
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
combatchuck

Post by combatchuck »

I wish I lived closer to winfield so I could play every wed.....
mrsenortyler

Re: Srokes

Post by mrsenortyler »

jtkustomizer wrote:
I would like to know why the hell only certain groups gets strokes. This is some BS and is getting to be irritating. It is getting to be really frustrating when you have a decent round for once then you get beat out by the only people who get strokes WTF.....WHO DO YOU KNOW AND WHO DID YOU BLOW???????? If you want to keep new people interested in playing maybe not playing favorites on the course would be a good idea and be fair to everybody no matter what.

I have been to leage several times and at the end i ask if strokes are handed out and nobody decides until the are losing by one or two and then stroke themselves for the win....sounds like cheating to me. These people need to just play novice with me so i can help you fill your bag with sand
I didn't blow anybody, although some say I do "suck."

A and B pool was much better how we used to play a couple years ago. If you think you need strokes, I'd say it's your responsibility to ask. We were given strokes at the beginning of our round. Weren't you in our group? Were you not paying attention to our score?
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

1)Your strokes were not given out at the begining of the round they wre given out after we had started playing plus they were given out by somebody that wasnt even running leage that night WTF :?:
2) I have a hard enough time keeping track of my own score what makes you think i was tracking yours?
3) Did i put a name on who was blowing who?

mrsenortyler wrote:
jtkustomizer wrote:
I would like to know why the hell only certain groups gets strokes. This is some BS and is getting to be irritating. It is getting to be really frustrating when you have a decent round for once then you get beat out by the only people who get strokes WTF.....WHO DO YOU KNOW AND WHO DID YOU BLOW???????? If you want to keep new people interested in playing maybe not playing favorites on the course would be a good idea and be fair to everybody no matter what.

I have been to leage several times and at the end i ask if strokes are handed out and nobody decides until the are losing by one or two and then stroke themselves for the win....sounds like cheating to me. These people need to just play novice with me so i can help you fill your bag with sand
I didn't blow anybody, although some say I do "suck."

A and B pool was much better how we used to play a couple years ago. If you think you need strokes, I'd say it's your responsibility to ask. We were given strokes at the beginning of our round. Weren't you in our group? Were you not paying attention to our score?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Rich was running league you are correct.

I gave them strokes. I thought that since the 2 of them couldn't reach most of the holes, that it would be OK.

I didn't see who you had as a partner Josh. Like Tyler said if you need strokes ask for them.

I personally am not a fan of giving out strokes. 1) Someone is always mad about who got strokes and who didn't. 2) It is random flip. 3) Strokes is a new thing started in just the last year or two.

A and B pool is the only way to do it when you have 20 people. You have to do something to make it even.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

You guys crack me up!! Smitty always gives me strokes. :lol: :lol:
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Thats messed up! My wife told me to just to stroke myself!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

jtkustomizer wrote:1)Your strokes were not given out at the begining of the round they wre given out after we had started playing plus they were given out by somebody that wasnt even running leage that night WTF :?:
2) I have a hard enough time keeping track of my own score what makes you think i was tracking yours?
3) Did i put a name on who was blowing who?
I don't really want to argue about it, but if you feel so strongly I will give you the $2 that I cashed next time I see you.

:shock:
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

jtkustomizer wrote:1)Your strokes were not given out at the begining of the round they wre given out after we had started playing plus they were given out by somebody that wasnt even running leage that night WTF :?: ]

I don't agree with how the strokes are given out either. But Smitty is the first person every new player runs to, to bitch about things. I guarantee Smitty has given every new player some stokes at least once at league. So maybe he's not running league BUT he is one of the only trying to keep the new players happy when we play with strokes. (There are few more also) So if everyone isn't happy with the way strokes are given out go and say something to the person who is running the league, and quit pointing the finger at the ones who are trying to help. So maybe we should just do what Cliff said and push the A/B pool. But something needs to be said at league not just on the forum.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Good point. Smitty knows exactly how to make things fair. If he isn't running the league event, though, he can only do so much to help out.
Young Bud

Post by Young Bud »

So uh... how about them Bears??

Just trying to ease the tension.
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Its all water under the bridge now.

I just hope it doesnt happen again?
opie

Post by opie »

If we have enough people for an A/B, I will push for the cards. I say we should vote if there is any argument :?
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
dragonessk

Post by dragonessk »

Da Bears :lol: :lol:
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

A/B would definitely be the best way to go. But, I just go with the flow.....
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!