Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

OCTOBERFRIZ....FRIZ...FRiz...friz...

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
combatchuck

Post by combatchuck »

well, said....I agree.
Bredemeyer

Post by Bredemeyer »

I have a one track mind. At this point I just care about the band. Beyond that whatever happens is fine with me... fun is more about a state of mind although the suggestions are good. Take the ball and run with it if you so desire...
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Schoen-hopper wrote:A band sound cool...

I probably won't be playing the Friz this year. For me, this tourney is just about the best at throwing a putter. For putting and for off the tees.

For the am divisions, the payout is even better. Too bad it goes to the biggest sandbagger or the player who takes the rules the least seriously. I've seen a pro cash in Open with an ace and come back and win am the next year.

The party is great, but for me to play in this event again, it's got to take itself a little more seriously. If the rules are a little more liberal, at least define them. It shouldn't be a challenge of who can cheat the best. This is exactly what I have experienced and what I have heard of from those who play in the am (or masters) divisions.

For the courses... if you can't make four good courses, how about three? Bring back the old Daniel's course and play it twice. Make one superbad course in the grove with both long and technical holes and keep the red course shortish. The courses have deteriorated in quality every year since 2000, which was my first Friz. The first year we played Daniel's (2002?) was a breath of life with the creative OB mowed in distinctive features that rewarded strategy. Now that has changed too.

This used to be (hands down) my favorite event (to play). This year, this event isn't even a KDGA tourney. When is the cup going to pass to those willing to move forward with this event?

Mike your bitching about the best tourney in Kansas,PERIOD
If chuck agrees with you,I feel that you should both stay at home this year.Noone will miss either of you.Now Mike,go run club tonight where only 8 people out of a population of 400,000 people will show up tonight.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.

Post by 2K »

Friz-Rocker wrote:Mike your bitching about the best tourney in Kansas,PERIOD

I think that tourney is this weekend :shock: 8)
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

No luck with the band on my end :(:(:(:( But surely someone in attendance will own a hawiian shirt some flip flops and a guitar and know some Buffet......Maybe Harv should look into Friz Karoke??????? or NOT
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slack

the friz

Post by slack »

wow complaining about the friz
what and why do you think things need to be changed

here are some ideas
if you ask me there would be mandatory beer bongs every 3 holes

if a person happens to birdie a hole the next hole the person on the the bottom of the card picks your next disc you must drive with

i love the swinging basket
so how about a floating basket in the walnut creek
a zipline would be cool

give me a break really if you have some ideas and want to change a legendary tourney start your own event and see if it holds up to the FRIZ
o and good luck with that

or maybe you could round up some sponsership dollars i am sure that could go a long way on improvements
puttslut

Re: the friz

Post by puttslut »

slack wrote: or maybe you could round up some sponsership dollars i am sure that could go a long way on improvements

what improvements would sponsorship dollars make? the friz was never underfunded in the past, so i would guess it still isn't.
slack

Post by slack »

[quote="puttslut"][quote="slack"]
or maybe you could round up some sponsership dollars i am sure that could go a long way on improvements[/quote]

what improvements would sponsorship dollars make? the friz was never underfunded in the past, so i would guess it still isn't.[/quote]

come on what tourney could not use a few new sponser dollars
and maybe the old days of killer players packs could be back
remember the old wall hanger disc
not trying to complain i love the friz and was trying to say just that

but come on you got to love the idea of the floating basket
jay

Post by 2K »

slack wrote:but come on you got to love the idea of the floating basket
jay

:roll: :?: :roll:
puttslut

Post by puttslut »

slack wrote: come on what tourney could not use a few new sponser dollars

sooo....why do you think we don't get the killer player packs anymore? what suddenly changed that caused this major funding issue?
slack

Post by slack »

[quote="puttslut"][quote="slack"]
come on what tourney could not use a few new sponser dollars
[/quote]

sooo....why do you think we don't get the killer player packs anymore? what suddenly changed that caused this major funding issue?[/quote]

one more time what tourney could not use more funding
and not to complain about anything that harve and his crew do
they do an amazing job
i have attended this event every year for over ten years and plan on doing so as long as harve and crew are running this dude

and i do think i reffered to it as a major funding issue

but years back we had disc with friz stamps on them
that was cool ...

Post by 2K »

slack wrote:one more time what tourney could not use more funding
and not to complain about anything that harve and his crew do
they do an amazing job
i have attended this event every year for over ten years and plan on doing so as long as harve and crew are running this dude

and i do think i reffered to it as a major funding issue

that was cool ...
I really don't think funding has anything to do with it :roll:
slack

Post by slack »

why do you lame asses go back and read my post
i was offering a solution for puttslutt instead of bitching hecould just shut up do his part or run his own tourney

i think i have clearly stated my love for the friz and the folks who run it

you dudes need to relax and start enjoying things and stop bitching and being so damn critical

:)
puttslut

Post by puttslut »

slack wrote: one more time what tourney could not use more funding

that was cool ...

ok, i guess you're completely missing my point.

let's just be honest here. i lot of people that i know have slowly become turned away from the friz simply because it's not what it once was. for some people that have no chance at cashing, spending 60 bucks on a golf tournament can be a hard pill to swallow. in the past these HUGE player packs softened the blow. free t-shirts, custom mini's, custom discs, etc...

now we have the present day friz. those things no longer exist AND PEOPLE NOTICE.

i personally don't give much of a crap about all that. i just question why the payouts have been seriously cut down and what happened to the player packs.

oh, and save me the whole "the friz is about having fun and not about all the free crap you get" routine cause i've heard it a million times. sure, it's not ONLY about that kind of stuff, but that "free crap" is what helped put the friz on the map.
puttslut

Post by puttslut »

slack wrote:why do you lame asses go back and read my post
i was offering a solution for puttslutt instead of bitching hecould just shut up do his part or run his own tourney

i think i have clearly stated my love for the friz and the folks who run it

you dudes need to relax and start enjoying things and stop bitching and being so damn critical

:)

sorry...not gonna shut up.

i have no problem with the people that run the friz. i have TONS of respect for harv, dave, terry, bartimous and all the others that make it happen.

but

is questioning why the friz has changed so much over the last 4 years being overly critical? at what point would YOU stand up and say, "hey, why isn't the friz what it used to be?"