Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

OCTOBERFRIZ....FRIZ...FRiz...friz...

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
omegaputt

Post by omegaputt »

I thought the first 100 people last year got a free shirt. I know I did.

Post by 2K »

omegaputt wrote:I thought the first 100 people last year got a free shirt. I know I did.
It used to be EVERYBODY
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

HERE NOW!
Come on puttslut tell us how you really feel, no since in holding back.
I agree with both sides, I have memorabilia from the last 6 or so years and it is indeed sad to see things diminish away like the payouts and player packs.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
smitty

Post by smitty »

omegaputt wrote:I thought the first 100 people last year got a free shirt. I know I did.

This will be the only time that I chime in on the Frizzz.

The first 100 people did get tye died shirts last year. Not from the payout, but from the Mrs. Birdie and Ed.

Now this is just a guess, no real facts involved.

About 4 or 5 years ago, the KDGA was passed from Harv to Scott Reeks. The KDGA takes 2 dollars/person from a KDGA event. We have also done fund raiser discs and other things to raise money for the club.

About 4 or 5 years ago, the Frizz started going downhill. The players pack went away, and we no longer had custom stamped discs, and many of the extra "Frizzz type things".

Not only did we start getting less, but less people started showing up.

What is the use of paying a $60 entry fee? I could pop a tent and do everything but collect a payout for free. Who cares if you are in the tourney, or if you want to kill a keg? Who care if you are in the tourney and you eat a sandwich on Saturday (It was said to be "steak and veggies in 06") night? That is part of the Frizz. Nobody cares!

The Frizz use to be a landmark/must hit on the KDGA schedule. After 2 years of not paying fees, the Frizz is now off the KDGA schedule.

Is that going to hurt the Frizzz? The people running it don't think so. I personally think that it will. I know of many people that use to play the Frizz to score many KDGA points.

With all that said. What is the point behind the Frizz? To have fun? To play disc golf? To hang out with your buddies from all over the midwest?

See you in October.

Smitty
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

The Friz is a lot of work,and I don`t see any of the people complaining about the way it is run,helping out with this one of a kind tourney.People travel over a 1000 miles every october to play in Winfield.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Went and played Daniels course today, can you say some bombing holes.
This has got to be the longest layout ever for that course. Still a good time.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
dscglfr

Post by dscglfr »

Everyone bitching shouldnt come anyways..your pre breaking the #1 frizz rule..NO BITCHING...

Anyone that has ever paid to go to a movie or to a concert understands what the friz is about its not about players packs,payouts,food

Every year i make 10 movies worth of memories..10 movies $10 a pop $100 looks like im making out good here and the friz movie every year has my friends in it and never fails to deliver as many movies do

One concert over $100 ez (see above) also i never get to see a drunk Kelly Allen dancing to the band (always brings a smile to my face) :lol:

Playing golf and maybe winning a trophy/disc is just a bonus to the fun.if this is your main reason for coming,think about it :?

Anyways ill be there tuesday in my normal spot..You can find me playing poker with Otto and Bruce in the KC campsite(thats 3 movies worth 1 night )"even if i lose $10 to bruce with the damn King of clubs

Hope to see everyone at the friz, peace
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Looks like people from all over are stoked to come to the friz. I hope I can make it one of these years.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... highlight=
smitty

Post by smitty »

You will need to bring your own cart.

Mojo lives in Emporia last I knew. He is not a disc golfer around here anymore.

As far as outstanding balances go, I no nothing either.
opie

Post by opie »

smitty wrote:

This will be the only time that I chime in on the Frizzz.

Smitty
:o :oops:
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
opie

Re: Frizz - Golf Carts

Post by opie »

Okie wrote:I have missed the last 2 years of the frizz because it lost some of the luster it used to have. I remember looking forward to seeing the new stamp, getting a t-shirt and I still have my frizz socks.

There was a rumor going around in 04 that one of the TD's had some oustanding balances with a disc company which is why we stopped seeing tourney stamps...if you didn't hear me i said RUMOR, and I don't know how credible these rumors were.

Anyway I plan on making it this year and was wondering if golf carts will be available for rent. Part of the reason I never went back to the Frizz is when MOJO failed to give me and my friend our deposits back for the golf carts we rented. And there was NO DAMAGE to the cart, we even washed them before turning them back in. Is MOJO around anymore? If he is he owes me $120!!!!!!!!! :x

MC
Tulsa
There is only one TD for this event" :? "
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Ok Everyone is talking about the frizzzz already wondering who is going and how fun its going to be. Soooo with out haveing to search and search for all the info , could some one please post all the info on it. what divisions are availible . cost for each division. dates. camping? player packs? and any thing else we might need to know. thanks ..
Bredemeyer

Post by Bredemeyer »

Its always the second weekend in October. This year it is the 10th-14th. The price has been $60 for a while.

Camping is availible and included with your entry.
Other lodging and towny stuff is located very close by.
Doubles is also included with your entry. Usually some decent stuff in the players pack, it is what is it.

Festivities in years past (The times are very rough):

Wednesday
12ish - 2ish - Mixed Doubles
4ish - 6ish - Pick Your Partner Doubles

Thursday
12ish - 2ish - 1st Round Pick Your Partner Doubles
4ish - 6ish - Mixed Doubles

Friday
In the past this day has been devoted to field events, but was ditched in favor of 5 man team golf. 2007?

Saturday
10ish - Meeting
11ish - First Round
3ish - Second Round
8ish - World Mini Guts Championships

Hopefully some sort of band? Any word

Sunday
9ish - Third Round
1ish - Final Round
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

right on ... well now if i can find a tent im all set. think ill camp right under hole nine at the nut park. lol cant wait . the wife is going to be grumpy that week any how..lol
Bredemeyer

Post by Bredemeyer »

How could I forget about Fri night glow doubles!

Once you start comming to the Friz you feel like you cant miss it. At least that has been the case for me. I enjoy the fellowship of walnut valley and the friends I've made over the years.

The Wichita camp is good to visit...but by about 3am I am throughly glad I make my home elsewhere.

Everything is only as good as you make it. If they gave away free lap dances and gold bars there would probably be a few vocal people who would complain anyway.

So... have a blast, stay away from the powerplant, and keep the fireworks at home. Remember the golden rule.