Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Southwestern

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
smitty

Southwestern

Post by smitty »

Josh Case has been working with the maintenance department on getting the OK to put this thing back in the ground. He and I walked around out there a little today. The place actually doesn't look that bad for being unplayed for several years.

A little saw work and some mowing and this thing could be rocking and rolling again.

What can we offer the college? How about the H.S.?

I think we could maybe offer an intramural program/tourney for both places. I know that there is a college disc golf championship now. Our HS had somewhat of an active program for a while. I have not seen any of those dudes for a while. We could offer to help get EDGE involved at the HS. We could probably run and event or two out there and make some money to pay for maintenance? Cover the cost of the discs. Maybe we could even pay them to mow? I don't know. I do know that it would be killer to be able to play out there again.

If we played our cards right, we could probably get by on 1 or 2 mowings for most of the year. Later August/early September and we could play it until at least now . That would be half the year.

Ideas and what we can do?
Friz-Rocker

Re: Southwestern

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Looking at southwestern, i figure if someone has a wing-mower and a volunteer, it could be mowed in 4-6 hours.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Rusco and I met the TD of the Collegiate Championships in Arizona, he was a real nice guy.
tbone

Post by tbone »

I have never played this course but what I hear, I am really excited to hear that I might have a chance to play the course. I want to be one of the first one's to volunteer to help get the course back into shape to play. Whatever you all need let me know.
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
smitty

Post by smitty »

tbone wrote:I have never played this course but what I hear, I am really excited to hear that I might have a chance to play the course. I want to be one of the first one's to volunteer to help get the course back into shape to play. Whatever you all need let me know.

The first job would be trimming some broken limbs and hauling them off to burn piles. Also many of the cedar trees have grown so much that the holes have closed up. The fairway on 4 is almost shut, the tee on 6 is being overtaken, I am sure 8 and 9 both would need a little work.

As soon as Josh Case gets us the official OK, we could probably get some work done out there.
tbone

Post by tbone »

I got a pull saw and a chain saw that i could bring and help cut some stuff up. I got access to alot of stuff just let me know what you need.
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
Ring

Post by Ring »

The Campus course...or the one behind the Southwestern.
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

The one behind.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

I am pretty handy with my chainsaw as well. When you get the O.K, let me know and we can get it done.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I have a trailer and truck to haul the limbs away in. We've got a burn pile I can just dump them all on.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I can get a chainsaw and a mower out there too.
tbone

Post by tbone »

Does anybody know if anyone is going to be out there this weekend so us that hasn't been out there can walk through it? I can't wait to hear that we got the official ok to start clearing the fairways
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Smitty and I should be around, he may be busy, but I could run out there with you. Ask Bangrr for my #, give me a call.
Ring

Post by Ring »

Hope ya guys get this back in the ground. We use to drive to Winfield couple times a month just to play this course.. Will there be any changes or same layout?
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
tbone

Post by tbone »

i am free all day today and tommorow
Represent the DOUBLE D'S