Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Ace Fund

What's happenin' in Wichita
Schoen-hopper

Re: Ace Fund

Post by Schoen-hopper »

3 Aces were hit that weren't recorded here.

Bo Carrasco aced hole 3 at Oak with a Roc on 8/30/12 for $518.

Scott Parker aced hole 3 at Herman Hill on 9/11/12 for $293.

Scott Parker aced again on hole 2 at Herman Hill on 9/25/12 for $185.

But the ace fund has recuperated quickly and is currently at $573.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Jeff Wade hit a non-member ace. Ace fund is now at $588.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Bill took $50 plus the $73 at the Ice Bowl.

Ace fund now at $830. That's going to be a good chunk of change. Who will take it down?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Lenny Edwards will cash in for $433 for hitting hole 13 at Monday night league in Derby!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Word is that Mike Unruh smashed chains on hole 2 at Oak Thursday for $264.
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

6/4/2013 HH short pads, hole 14, Fluty ACE...Nice job and congrats to Crispin for shooting a 10 down.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

when do I get paid?
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Fluty, just as soon as we can get it figured out how much you have coming. Schony has to have all the league attendence #'s, then he will let us know. I will be sending him my portion of that information tomorrow. Then we have to figure out (since I have not asked the question yet) what to do about Zack Young' s ACE at Oak during the Doo Dah, he was not in the ACE pool, but is a current member.....So I don't know how that works.....But that is a separate, and after yours is figured, deal. If all goes well we should be able to get you your money by this coming Friday. Just as soon a I know, I'll let you know.
b

Post by b »

Not in the Ace pool? What's there to figure out? Don't pay in- don't pay out.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Chucker9 wrote:Fluty, just as soon as we can get it figured out how much you have coming. Schony has to have all the league attendence #'s, then he will let us know. I will be sending him my portion of that information tomorrow. Then we have to figure out (since I have not asked the question yet) what to do about Zack Young' s ACE at Oak during the Doo Dah, he was not in the ACE pool, but is a current member.....So I don't know how that works.....But that is a separate, and after yours is figured, deal. If all goes well we should be able to get you your money by this coming Friday. Just as soon a I know, I'll let you know.
Schoen-hopper wrote:Here is how we do the ace fund at the Doo Dah & Round Up.

*If an ace is hit by someone in the ace fund, we pay out all the tournament fund. If that person is a club member, they get half of the ACDGC ace fund. If not a member, per league rules, they should get $50 of the ACDGC fund.

*If an ace is not hit, $2 of the fund goes to the KDGA, $2 goes to a play-off of some sort, & $1 goes to the ACDGC ace fund. We used to put our events up for "free", but decided that this wasn't fair to the players who are the ones at league growing the ace fund.

*If you are not in the ace fund, you get nothing.

Bowe's arguement is that this was not known to him. It's obvious that he wasn't sure as he asked before the event (not me). Before he even talked to me afterwards (I didn't know that he hadn't paid) he had a print-out of my statement here on this thread that "ACDGC members were eligible for the ACDGC ace fund". That's how I know he didn't really think he was entitled to this, though he is threatening to sue the club now. It only took me a second to tell him that there was nothing we could do. If you don't get into the ace fund, you don't get ace money. Black & White issue. There is no way that we could possibly think that someone could have a hard time understanding that. There are a lot of things we didn't go over. BOTTOM LINE: It is the players responsibility to understand the tournament rules.
This happened at the 2009 Doo Dah too... if you're not in the ace fund, don't expect ace money. End of story!
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

thank you Jason for the clarifcation....Zack, sorry bud, you have to be entered into the Ace fund to receive anything from the ACDGC ACE pot. @Fluty...still working on your payout.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Just got all the numbers in. Info I have is that Casey Fluty aced hole 14, on 6/4/13, from short pad to long pin. That's a good long shot of 333 feet with river parallel the whole way. Worth $256. Congrats Casey!!
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

ACE fund is currently being re-calculated...we just paid Tod Palmer for his. Buddy hit hole #8 at HH at league last night. Way to go Buddy!!!!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Buddy's ace is worth $253!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The Ace Fund got cashed at the Club Championship. 3 skip aces, all on hole #4! One was in practice before the round began. Jehramy Heckman's and Michael Schoenhofer's aces were worth $188 each!