Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

23rd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, January 29th

What's happenin' in Wichita
Schoen-hopper

23rd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, January 29th

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Schoen-hopper

Re: 23rd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, January 29th

Post by Schoen-hopper »

23rd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl
SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012
Idlewild PARK IN WICHITA (Oaklawn), KANSAS

DIVISIONS OFFERED (If sufficient numbers participate to have each division):
Open $35; Masters $35; Advanced $30; Am Masters $30;
Intermediate $25; Women $25; Junior $20

Sign in starts at 8:30am (approximately)
Players meeting at 9:30am
Tee off at 9:45am

Meet at the Park building.
(From K-15, go west on 47th St. S. a half mile to a left on Cedardale. It is the last turn before the Arkansas River bridge. Take Cedarvale to the first right on Oaklawn Dr. You're there. 47th St. S. can also be accessed via I-135 a mile to the west.)

A potluck lunch will be held at lunch. Please bring something if you wish to help.

$10 of each entry fee will be donated to the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

Each player will receive 2 mulligans with their entry: additional mulligans available for $2 each before the first round and $3 each after the first round. All mulligan sales go to benefit the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

WE RAISED $2,800 FOR THE FOODBANK LAST YEAR. PLEASE HELP US EXCEED THIS FOR 2012 BY BRINGING ADDITIONAL MONIES
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

We raised a record $2820 last year to finish top 20 in the nation and almost exceeded KC's value, which is run on the same day with at least 5 times the participants. Our participants do a great deal to help this cause. Thank you! Keep in mind that if we could get some sponsors for this tournament, the donation amount would increase all the more. Checks can be written to the ACDGC or the Kansas Food Bank, but all proceeds will be donated either way.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I'm also making a list of who can bring baskets and / or food. Please let me know here, on facebook, or via email if you can help.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Haven't heard from anyone on food yet. We'll need plenty. If you can bring anything be it chili or just a side dish, it will be a big help.

For baskets:
2-Kevin Stauffer
2-Bob Decker
1-Ryan Doyle
1-Mark Wilson
1-Mike Speer
1-Russ Trice

Still need 10 baskets. I will look up my past basket bringers and see who else can contribute.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

I can bring chilli and maybe some other goodies who knows. I also have two portable dga baskets they are red. I will bring them if you think you might need them or even as back up incase some one cant bring one at the last minute.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Mark Wilson pulled in a deal from Freddy's Frozen Custard that looks pretty "sweet". Still looking for sponsors. Tell them we'll do the hard part and freeze our tails off (watch it be 60 degrees this year), and all they have to do it donate some money that will go 100% to the food bank.
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

Wiggins and myself each have a Lightning Basket so there is 2 more to add to the list...
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

I have a mach lite if you need it and so does Taylor!! Prob going to bring some brisket or this crazy soup out of a GUY FIERE cook book...but my main concern is the food bank!!! Ive done some community service at the food bank (long story should be a book, "Do the Crime, Pay with TIme") and one of the big programs they have is Backpack for Kids program!! For those not aware, the food bank supplies a backpack with some non-perishale items in to kids of low income families. They recieve a backpack on fridays to ensure the kids have some food for the weekend! While doing my service I was able to go on runs droping of these backpacks at local schools, and we always stopped by the school in Oaklawn. A big part of the backpack is Peanut Butter for protein, and I have recently heard the food bank is extremely low on Peanut Butter. So, I was wondering if we should make a push to help restock the Peanut Butter shelf with donations, maybe for a mulligan or something!!!! Just a thought,I know were bigger on the money than the can food side but....... the food banks shelves need stocking too not just the funds!!
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

I argued in favor of promoting better sized food donations and even mentioned that proteans are one food that is alway in high demand at food banks because they always run out. I was told Last year or the year before in the forums that money is the only thing that will be used to perchuse mullies. I can understand that trying to be fair with "valueing" each item given would be a tedious job for the people running it. I am all for either one. Heck we could even just designate 20% of the money to be taken to a store and just out right buying a bulk portion of jars of peanut butter and dropping it off with the check for the other 80% .
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

All donated foods will be delivered, so bring them on. Just don't want to do mullies for food. The books are complex enough.

Post by 2 »

Mike, I have baskets that you are always welcome too.. I also have Major Medical Boyeeeeeeeee :lol:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Call the doctors, boyeeeee. No Aflack for Jack.

If you can find a way to get the baskets to the event, we could use them.
Coueylicious

Post by Coueylicious »

This is Daniel Couey. I have a chainstar portable I can bring.
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".