Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Ace Race, October 28th

What's happenin' in Wichita
disclizard

Re: Ace Race, October 28th

Post by disclizard »

is any one going to post this at the park? just wondering??
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Already been posted.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

30 packs spoken for. Should get the last 10 late this week.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Those who have their name in the top 30 can pay for their pack and get it from Russ at league. I should be getting the other 10 packs later this week.

If we get more people than we have packs for, we'll hold on to the packs for those on the pre-registration list until about 12:45. Please pay by then so your pack doesn't get sold.

IF we fill at 40 players, I will allow some people to split their packs so more players can play. Just beware of the water. Only over aggressive shots would be at risk, but if you lose all of your ace race discs, you are done. So best to have 2 discs if you have any doubt.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

ok so why put the water into factor. the whole idea is to be aggressive and run for an ace not layup. With being short on pack and if some one decides share a disc and then losses thiers they are being penalized for being helpful and friendly. There are plenty of trees to add difficulty and space out there to not have to put a basket by the water. every year i try to bring some one new to an ace race because its a great pacage for a beginner or new to disc golf player. but its not if they lose the discs.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Holes 11 and 12 needed to be used. Almost impossible to use without the water being "a factor". But as I said, only wild shots should be at risk, so you might have to tone it down a little on those 2 holes. I hope you will like the rest of the course.
Dartacus785

Post by Dartacus785 »

If there aren't enough player packs I have mine from another ace race in Lawrence. I'll pay to play and use the discs I already have. Hopefully, my name is in there already (Dustin Pope)
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Players List

1. Russ Trice
2. Michael Schoenhofer
3.Ernie Sweat
4.Steve Volbruck
5.Corey Harrison
6.Josh Ermey
7.Adam Hartley
8.Curtis Broadhurst
9.Brian Thompson
10. Jeff Tipton
11. Taylor Camp
12. Justin Pope
13. Mark Morris
14. Cae Morris
15. Doug Dick
16. Dennis Farrell
17. Ty Herrington
18. Phil Burnside
19. Marty Hunt
20. Jeff Vest
21. Kylie Vest
22. Doug Mann
23. Joe Boller
24. Chuck Evans
25. Aaron Suiter
26. Mike Unruh
27. Scott Parker
28. Anthony Rios
29. Jared Lopez
30. Rob Martins
31. Ben Maass
32. Tyson Terhune
33. Tom Diener
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

if you get the ten more add tom diener. he said he is coming also.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I'm told I will have the ace race discs delivered today or tomorrow. They shipped Tuesday.

I have a course map made up. Can those who can bring baskets show up by 12:30pm? I'll give you a map and the locations for baskets should be flagged already.

Remember to pick up your basket right after we are done playing.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Sorry to say it, but Discraft has shipped our package late and also shipped to the wrong address. It's been a pain dealing with them this year. And I don't believe they will allow us to return them, though still not positive on that.

So we will only have 30 packs for the event. And it looks like we'll have 10 more some time next week. It'll be a little confusing at registration, but bear with me please. If people want to split a pack after the 30 are sold, that is fine. I'd like to know if somebody wants to buy an additional pack. Maybe someone who wants a pack later can borrow a disc from a player, that they would buy if lost? I heard of a couple of people who would play with their previously bought packs and pay a smaller entry. That sounds reasonable.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

Looks like some warmer weather is coming back tomorrow. See you guys then. Please come by 12:30 if you can bring a basket. For those pre-registered, please pick up your pack by 12:45 so it doesn't get sold.

I mentioned earlier that our packs 31 through 40 were shipped late and won't arrive until next week. If we have more than 30 players show up, which looks likely, we'll use a few options.

*Buy a full pack.
*Split a pack with someone else. They can pay you $13 for a disc and a mini or a disc, the water bottle and the sunglasses. Work something out and make sure to let me know. Just be careful on the water holes if you are playing with only 1 disc. If you do lose your only disc, see if someone in your group will sell you an extra so you can complete your round.
*You can borrow a disc from a buddy who has an extra and pay no entry if you agree to purchase a pack next week.
*If you already have an ace race pack from a previous ace race, you can use those discs and play for the prizes for an $8 entry.

Sorry we run short on packs this year, but we'll work it out!

For those who haven't thrown it yet, this year's prototype is like a mid/driver combo. It feels like a driver, but flies slower and straighter, like a mid-range disc. Very accurate!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Wups, posted the above and below on the wrong thread. Reposting...

If you can't make it, but would like a pack, please let me know. List so far:
1) Darren Bottom.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

Please be sure you show up @ hole # 9 Beside the G-Scout house to pay for and pick-up your players packs tomorrow. We are scheduled to Tee off between 1:00-1:30 please be there by 12:45 to Ensure you have a pack in the event.
Geo95

Post by Geo95 »

Is anybody selling a disc from this years ace race? I want a disc but I just want one disc and not the whole package for the ace race. Is this possible to do? If someone has a disc that they haven't even touched, message me. I really want a disc. :D
Air Capital Lover!