Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Tick Ranch

What's happenin' in Wichita
discscout

Tick Ranch

Post by discscout »

This Saturday is the Tick Ranch; 5 miles south of Andover and Kellogg on Butler Road, 4 miles east on 150th (47th in Sedgwick County) and 5/8th south on a gravel road to the entrance. To change things up a little, we plan on using a set of short tees in the afternoon to find out who can up and putt. This will definitely be a birdie fest. The entry fees include $5 for 5 mullies, $1 ace fund, $2 KDGA fee; and $5 for the scholarship. You can opt out of the mullies and get a $5 refund. Pro and Adv are $40. All other pro are $35, all other Am are $30 and Novice/Beginner/Junior is $25. Hope to see you there.
discscout

Re: Tick Ranch

Post by discscout »

The above post was last year. Not using the short holes on 2,4 & 5 except for jr and novice. Hope to see you all come support a good cause.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Jeff hadn't mowed but once this summer, in late spring. He was expecting the hay man to get a little more hay. Well, that didn't happen so Jeff is starting the tedious process of mowing knee high grass on the summer course around the house. It should be ready to play in a week. The winter course won't be ready until after the first frost when the leaves start to fall and the bugs start to die and the poison ivy starts to recede. But the summer course is still a fun alternative to the same ol' same ol'.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Jeff told me a couple of groups played yesterday. He has it all playable except for a little trimming on hole 14. Call to set a tee time 776-2826 and leave a message. Please no dogs. Some of you remember the disc eating dog Jeff had; shes not a pup anymore and doesn't chase the disc.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Hole 14 has been cleaned up and instead of walking west out to the overflow parking area to 15's tee; walk east through the woods to a new hole just cleared. What a hole. It's worth the trip just to play that hole over and over. I threw 6 discs. The first time I parred all 6. So I had to do it again with the same 6 discs and this time I got 2 bogies, 2 pars and 2 birdies. If you want to know the definition of a tight hole, you don't have to look in the dictionary; just go play the new hole 15.
discscout

Post by discscout »

There has been a ton of work on the east end of the course; hole 3 had the dead taken out; hole 4 is way different (can actually see now) and getting ready for a new pin placement (next year maybe); Hole 5 is cleaned up and the basket moved a little; hole 6 has a new tee being readied for next year and has been cleaned up. Still on the list for this year is hole 2. That's not counting the improvements on the front of the course (back 9). You won't want to miss this years Tick Ranch; It'll be the last time we play a couple of the holes; we have new holes to play and Jeff made the coolest trophys this year. Mark your calendars for Saturday March 21st. It will be 18 holes playing the same tees both rounds as of now.
Doug

Post by Doug »

I'm a little confused... In another forum on this website it says Tick Ranch is the 28th
http://kansasdiscgolf.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=5316

This probably needs to be cleared up.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Doug wrote:I'm a little confused... In another forum on this website it says Tick Ranch is the 28th
http://kansasdiscgolf.com/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=5316

This probably needs to be cleared up.
There is a more up to date schedule on the second page of that thread :)
Doug

Post by Doug »

It looks like the front page has been tweaked.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Doug wrote:It looks like the front page has been tweaked.
I removed all of the extra posts and put the most up to date schedule in the first post to clear up any confusion. :)
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

10 Oz Tour Bonus Points for KDGA members playing in the Tick Ranch KDSSF Tournament
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

Going to Tick Ranch this Saturday? Brunch will be offered on site:
Brunch Menu & Price.
Bowl of Homemade Green Chili
Egg and Sausage Casserole
Hash browns
Fried Corn Meal Mush with Butter & Maple Syrup
Biscuit
Bottle of Water
Coffee
Cost $8.00

There is nowhere close enough to travel for the lunch break so if you don't want the brunch you'll want to bring your own food.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Jeff has done an amazing job cleaning up holes 2- 9. About all the dead is gone and the majority is mowed so no lost discs. Some baskets have moved and he is in the process of adding a second tee on every hole. If you want a change of pace, go play the Tick Ranch.