Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Colwich

What's happenin' in Wichita
JC

Colwich

Post by JC »

Has anyone been out there lately? I was wondering if any kind of maintenance is being done by the city of Colwich or if it is an overgrown jungle by now? I've never played it with everthing bloomed and I bet it would be a technical mother.
Notorious ROG

Post by Notorious ROG »

I heard from scooba that he mowed part of it, but I drove by & what you could see was pretty high.....
JC

Post by JC »

Thanks Rog, that's what I figured. I'm sure the poison ivy is kicken pretty hard too.
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

I'm hoping to finish up with weather permiting, when it rains here it just turns to mud. I'll keep you all posted. Anyone interested in Colwich GLO League? Friday nights. :roll:

Post by 2 »

I would be but I thought they didn't want us there after dark? :roll:
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

2 as long as we let them know ahead of time, they don't mind. When we had done this before they thought we were just a bunch of high school kids out there partying, they were wrong,it was a group of disc golfers getting phukd up. :D they had brought it up in one of the council meeting and Paul Kear, who is the council member who had gotten the course put in had to explain glo to them. It's all good.
PeckerWoods

Post by PeckerWoods »

change it to monday and i should be able to
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

whereever or whenever we need a glo league in ICT area
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
JC

Post by JC »

Glo isn't for children PeckerWoods.
PeckerWoods

Post by PeckerWoods »

i dont care
PeckerWoods

Post by PeckerWoods »

actually i dont like the colwich course cuz it whoops up on me everytime i play it...

and i dont have any glo discs neway so why waste my money to get discs that i already have just so they glo
JC

Post by JC »

Don't bother with glo discs. Just tape or velcro night fishing bobber lights to the bottom of your CE or Z plastic discs. That works better than glo anyway IMO and it's much cheaper.
PeckerWoods

Post by PeckerWoods »

JC wrote:Glo isn't for children PeckerWoods.
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

PeckerWoods, you mean to tell me you let that little ol' course get the best of you? :lol: The truth is if you can run under par on a calm day your doing pretty good. The wind out here shows no mercy(10-20mph+)so you'd be doing good to keep it in the fairways here,especially on the more open holes. I really don't have a clue to what a course record would be here, but if I were to take a guess I'd say 6 or 7 under. I think if you played some glo here you'd appreciate the course a little more, it's a awsome course for it. Maybe we'll plan a round in a week or as soon as this rain let's me finish mowing.
PeckerWoods

Post by PeckerWoods »

shoot steve i finish 9 over at oak and colwich to me is way harder

besides i aint ever finished under par on a somewhat difficult course

Logan