Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Herman Pin Placements

What's happenin' in Wichita
smitty

Post by smitty »

JC wrote:Mike,

I will order the sleeves and pay for them with my own money and help you install them.
Talk to Mace, he use to have a dude that made them for him. Or for that matter, get some pipe and weld your own. It cann't be that tough. It is just a piece of pipe with a little piece of metal bent at a 90 and welded to it.
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

Finally got some reply. :twisted: Great team work boys!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I'll ask Mike what the latest word is on the pins. We've been told that the pins would be made when there was bad weather, which we haven't had too much of. The club was figuring that "free" sleeves would be better than any other solution, but if someone wants to buy or make them, I don't think anyone would have a problem, just so long as they work with the club on the installation.

I know it's long overdue, but try to be patient. Keep in mind that with the elections and ice bowl coming up, these sleeves aren't the only priority.

For the record, we need 5 pins to complete the course. The following holes only have 1 sleeve currently: 6, 7, 9, 13, & 14. Possible "non-regular" sleeves could be set on 6, 7 / 13, and 4 / 8.
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Scooba wrote
Finally got some reply. :twisted: Great team work boys!
And a total waste of time that could have been used for something more construction. :evil:

Scooba: Why not become a part of the solution instead of being a part of the problem. I'm sure the board would agree when I say that we've seen you do some good things for disc golf and would appreciate you coming to the board meetings on a regular basis and maybe even helping out with some duties that need covered in 2006. Don't become a part of the small group that claim they are too busy to help out yet still continue to complain without having the facts.

JC: We would appreciate you volunteering to help also. If you were serious about the cash and labor, get hold of me and I'm certain that we can get things moving. I still believe it better to work with the city and keep them involved with disc golf any way we can. We are also trying to involve them with making nice metal benches/signs for Oak. It gives them more of a vested interest in not allowing the courses to be torn up. There are many unforeseen benefits in waiting a little bit on the city in thes cases.
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

Labor is no problem Bob, I'll help the club out in any way. Sorry to all.

Now about those pin placements.............
JC

Post by JC »

I'm on it.
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Scooba wrote:
Now about those pin placements.............

Patience Grasshopper, Patience. :wink: :)

Boy, does that line date me! :roll:

Come to the annual meeting (1/14/06 - 1pm ) and next board meeting (1/31/06 - 7pm) at Bob's office and hear all of the scoop. 8)
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

How about move some pins on 1/21/06 when I move to town??? I'd like to play long 17 at HH someday.

Iqbal will be running for positon of the keymaster in the board so get them keys ready.

I got a question.....why the hell did you guys take out the old pins at oak? And btw I will be be cleaning the crap out of a few holes at oak hope nobody cares.

SANDMAN FOR COURSE MAINTAINER!!!!!!! Oh wait a sec.......
Eaglehigh99 wrote:Now the deadline for filing has passed.
WTF does that mean :?:
superq

Post by superq »

someone might call Ronverse, I talked to him last year and he had 18 extra sleves I think he would donate.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

Sandman wrote:
Eaglehigh99 wrote:Now the deadline for filing has passed.

Means you will hail to the reich! :lol:
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Sandman wrote:
How about move some pins on 1/21/06 when I move to town???
Good to here you're moving to town. 8)
And btw I will be be cleaning the crap out of a few holes at oak hope nobody cares.
Thanks for the offer of help :) but, please don't do any cleaning out at Oak without talking to someone on the ACDGC board first. :? The City and the Wichita Auduboun Society are very touchy about what is and isn't "cleaned out". :shock: We have an agreement with the City that, if broken, could endanger the existence of the course. :cry:

Again, good to hear you're coming to town.
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Leo D. wrote:
Sandman wrote:

Eaglehigh99 wrote:
Now the deadline for filing has passed.

Means you will hail to the reich! :D
Just following the club By-Laws that were voted on and approved by the club members in 2003. :wink: Those rules state that anyone wishing to run for an office must have submitted their "Bio" by no later than January 1st. 8) No "reich" here; just an organized club with member approved By-Laws and a member elected board. :shock:
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Eaglehigh99 wrote:Sandman wrote:
And btw I will be be cleaning the crap out of a few holes at oak hope nobody cares.
Thanks for the offer of help :) but, please don't do any cleaning out at Oak without talking to someone on the ACDGC board first. :? The City and the Wichita Auduboun Society are very touchy about what is and isn't "cleaned out". :shock: We have an agreement with the City that, if broken, could endanger the existence of the course. :cry:

It'll be alright they wont even notice they're gone :D A little snip here a little snip there.........wont be any different than whats already been done DOWN GOES THE AUDUBON SOCIETY!!!! And I was serious about those pins being moved :wink: Just give the keys to Iq and let the keymaster take over.

Last edited by Sandman on Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Looks like the city did your job for you Sandman.

Half of the trees on hole #1 at Herman Hill are gone. Also took all the trees around the hole #11 short green and the big tree gaurding the long pin.

I think it was winter last year when they took out 50 some trees in the park. They'll probably take 50 more.

If the trees are sick, they should focus on what is killing them. I don't think they will ever be informed to consider how important the trees are as obstacles for our disc golf holes. We don't have the room to change our design to somewhere that hasn't be deforested.

We need to plant new trees...
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Half of the trees on hole #1 at Herman Hill are gone.
I bet it was a person whose name starts with a J and ends with a K.

I was talking about oak anyhow.........