Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Club Meeting

Salina News and info.
disc golf superhero

Club Meeting

Post by disc golf superhero »

Club Meeting...

This post is not to insinuate in any way that I am running this meeting!

Never the less our "club" hasn't had a formal meeting since the notorious Peanuts, Pool, & Pinball meeting of 95 we had at Ben and his smokin hot wife's house. We/I haven't been invited back since. Please don't let that scare you. We/I have matured since then.

It's time to start fresh. We need to meet and discuss such topics as:

Officer election:
Club President...(I nominate Ben)
Club Treasurer...(I nominate Austin)

Club goals.
Club name.

Accounting information:
What's in the club fund.
Getting two people's names back on the account for fund extraction.
What's the goal for the funds.

League's.
League fee's and payout
League start times
League additions

Who's all has basket keys.
Who else wants one.
What's the criteria for getting one.

The Rock Tourney.
Who's helping
How do we best utilize our assets.
Who's sticking around to clean up. (I nominate all those who skipped out last year)

Other topics of discussion.......please list them....
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I'll help at the Rock, I haven't really been here long enough to weigh in on any of the other things listed. I'll try to think of a few name idea's to throw out there.
disc golf superhero

You've been here long enough to have in put on all these topics.

In fact MOthrows for President!!!! I know Ben's not going to step up.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I could never be president. I'm very susceptible to bribery and corruption.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I like the idea of having an organized club. I think we are long overdue.

I can think of three things we need to do before we can actually have a meeting.

1. Find a person who is not only able, but willing to be the club president. I can think of a few people to nominate, but am not sure if they qualify under the "willing" aspect.

2. We need to make a list of all of the people who play league in Salina so we can let them know when this will go down. I will get started on this. I have quite a few phone numbers and with a little help I could probable get about 75 or 80% of the people who play on the list.

3. We need to decide where and when to do this. Talk is worthless unless it actually happens.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

What is the date for the icebowl? I remember that Mace said what it was when he dropped in on league, but now I've forgotten what he said.
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

MOthrows wrote:What is the date for the icebowl? I remember that Mace said what it was when he dropped in on league, but now I've forgotten what he said.
viewtopic.php?t=1802
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply Mace.
disc golf superhero

Mace as our future president you're sure not contributing much to this thread. Step up boy! The future Salina Flying Debris Club is counting on you.
MOthrows

Re: Club Meeting

Post by MOthrows »

disc golf superhero wrote:I am running this meeting
Have you set a date for it yet? I haven't really came up with too many names yet. M.A.D - middle america discers, S.S.D.C - Salina slingers disc golf club, we sling both ways, S.A.C - Salina airshots club, our S.A.C's getting bigger everyday, K.F.C - Kansas flying central, everybody throw's a little in K.F.C.

Maybe president Mace should come up with a club name.
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

MOthrows wrote: Maybe president Mace should come up with a club name.
First we already have a club name. Look at the fourm title. Next no president in my near future. Hell I'm not even a player. :roll:
disc golf superhero

First I'm not saying anything is wrong with the name Central Kansas Flyers. I just thought it'd be good to open it up for discussion. CKF is the name Nick & Trevor DeWitt came up with in the late 80's. I believe Dennis V worked with Nick & Trevor then and this may of been the foundation of what has become the KDGA. Someone will probably shoot that down. I just remember the Dewitt's organizing tournaments back then.

Point is Nick & Trevor haven't thrown a disc in 15 years. Might be good to start fresh.

Second you may not currently be a "player" but you're more involved with disc golf then anyone. You've got the right relationships with the city, you're respected by most, and you don't have anything else going on in your life. It's a perfect fit!

The way I see it the Treasurer (Austin) would do all the work. The President would just make an unpopular decision here and there and have to sign off with the Treasurer to extract money from the account.

Let's hear it for President Mace!! ("President Mace" even has a nice ring to it) Of course this is subject to an official ballot count.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I don't know, the more I hear the superhero speak, the more I think he might be just what this fair city needs as president. Austin would be a great treasurer.
It would be awesome to have getting the Rock in permanent as one of our club goals...at least I think it would.
disc golf superhero

There's a few things in this world I'm really good at. Taking things seriously isn't one of them.

Now if my side job was disc golf and the prospect of disc golf growing in Salina could make me a millionaire then yes I'm all about being Mr. Presidente. But alas my side job has nothing to do with disc golf and it's promising to keep me busy this summer.

I am interested in seeing disc golf moving forward once again in our fair city. I will make a great supporting cast member.

Good news Mace hasn't posted his silly "hell no" response lately. What a funny fella! He's on board!
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

MOthrows wrote:
disc golf superhero wrote:I am running this meeting
Have you set a date for it yet?
:?: Are we having it at your house? You could toss some flaming bowling balls for some pre-meeting entertainment.