Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Grants???

Salina News and info.
disc golf superhero

Grants???

Post by disc golf superhero »

I just remembered seeing in the paper the other day where some local agency was offering grants to kids under 18 provided they could show the money would be used for community improvements. Anyone know anything about that? Where would one find out more? That papers since been recycled.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Maybe they have archives on their website, www.saljournal.com. I will do some digging.
disc golf superhero

It was on page 2 in the 'briefly' section four or five days ago.
disc golf superhero

Found it! I haven't had a chance to read through it yet. Sounds like a job for MOthrows.

http://www.ygmc.org/

p.s. I got the kid.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I read through it. Sounds like they want the proposal to be written by someone younger than 18. What exactly would we be wanting to ask for anyway? I'd have no problem helping out if we have somebody of the appropriate age that wants to get involved.
disc golf superhero

I have a 14 year old. I just gave him the news he'd be applying for a grant. Now we just need someone who's smart and less lazy to fill out the form.
disc golf superhero

Oh and as far as use I'm thinking $2,000 would go a long way towards Inidan Rock or another course. Especially if the club and maybe even the KDGA would help out.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I'd need some more details before I could start filling out the form. Would it definitely be for Indian Rock? How many baskets? Natural tee pads? Signs? A club meeting would be a good start, with some ideas on how to raise additional funds. Austin you need to just bite the bullet and except the president position so we can get this rolling.
beisner

Post by beisner »

http://www.innovadiscs.com/coursedesign/course4.htm

http://www.pdga.com/cd_start.php

I've been reading a lot about course development from various sources...
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Austin

Post by Austin »

Austin you need to just bite the bullet and except the president position so we can get this rolling.
I will do what I have to.

I think there are more problems with Indian Rock than just money. Are we able to put part of the course in the tall grass? I think that is all restored prairie. Ideally we could mow narrow fairways and make the tall grass OB like Jones east in Emporia.

If we were to do it at Indian Rock we would need sign, 18 holes, concrete pads, everything. Why would we short change ourselves?

Andy Lynne may be a good person to turn in the proposal. He is actually a disc golfer and he is only 17.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Who do we need to talk to so that we can see if putting in a permanent course there is even an option? No point in writing up a grant proposal if there's no chance of putting a course in.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Thanks for the links. We really need to come to a consensus on what exactly we are wanting to accomplish. Raising the needed amount of money to put in a quality 18 would take some serious time and effort.
disc golf superhero

When does Andy turn 18? Pretty soon I'd guess. At least I can supervise my son.

It wouldn't absolutely have to go to Indian Rock. Any new course (18 hole course) anywhere in Saline County would be a huge improvement.

We also don't have to get everything figured out by the deadline. One of our youts just has to have a proposal in by April 1st. Writing the proposal in a way it's going to sell will be the hard part. Hence someone smart and less lazy or someone kept.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Who do we need to talk to so that we can see if putting in a permanent course there is even an option?
Mace should know who to contact.
When does Andy turn 18? Pretty soon I'd guess.
I am not sure. I was just making a sugestion incase we need a plan B.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

What I'm saying is the grant alone won't cover the cost of 18 baskets, so we need more of concrete idea of what we want. I'll write the proposal (never done it before, so no promises on the quality) but we need to have some idea of where we can raise the additional funds. I'm all for putting it at Indian Rock if that's an option. Austin can you talk to Mace?