Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Super Class Tournament Fri. Nov. 12th Lakewood Park

Salina News and info.
R/B

Super Class Tournament Fri. Nov. 12th Lakewood Park

Post by R/B »

would like to have a Superclass event Fri. the day before Thomas tourney @ Lakewood north & south. Two divisions , Pro & Am. Both divisions to be paid out with merchandise vouchers from Mace. $20.00 entry, Top third payout .

Will be working on a sought after traveling trophy for the overall lowest score , and would make this an anual event. I,ll post it on the Tournament board later on. Feel free to coment.
Last edited by R/B on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smitty

Re: Super Class Tournament Fri. Nov. 12th Lakewood Park

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Sounds cool. Would be really fun to give it a shot. Might not get many on a Friday. Just one round, I assume?

I think the Zephyr might be the only true super class approved disc on this list. This list is more golf discs than frisbees. But that might make it a little easier transition for us "golfers".
R/B

Post by R/B »

:roll:
Last edited by R/B on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The link Smitty posted is the one I've read. It doesn't include most of those. And I remember hearing from Chuck, who I believe is responsible for getting this going, that the Zephyr was the fastest, most golflike disc of the bunch (actually is a golf disc). Were the tech standards established or updated to include more golf disc molds? Mentioned something here about January 1st & I haven't heard anything about it since then.
R/B

Post by R/B »

8)
Last edited by R/B on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

R/B wrote:Man it,s great to have Schoen-hopper on board ............... This guy needs to be in Washington DC, straightening out all the pencil whimps, pocket padders, and paper pushers!

What ever is allowed for super class, thats what we will be playing! Thanks for being there for us Mike!
LOL! What is a pencil whimp? Is that one of those nerdy guys with thick, dark glasses & a dozen pencils in his shirt pocket?

Seriously, where did you find the super class list that inlcuded the birdie, polecat, etc? Thought about running a PDGA super class tourney? Do people travel far to play in these? I haven't heard too much on how its catching on. I know there have been several events. Seems like it would be popular with ultimate players, which are greater in number than disc golfers? Fact or fiction?
pschmidt

Post by pschmidt »

Found this chart that shows all the PDGA approved blunt edged discs... R/B must have had a similar chart because his list is in the same order as this. I think this says super class discs must be at least 24 cm in diameter?

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

So no 71 mold? What about the Super Puppy?
R/B

Post by R/B »

Oh Yeah were going to have a good time with this one! , and that's what it,s about, having a blast and stepping away from the Bosses,Nukes,Wraiths, and all those missles that we throw with all our strength. " Step away from you Roc son"
"Put down that Buzz and grab on to a slice of history which most of us havent a clue what it,s like to throw with sustain".
Back in the summer of 1989 I began with Whamo 165's and have kept it,s fond memory . What a rush to throw 200 feet and it taking four seconds to get there.Throwing hard hyzers that go dead straight. The short game brings out the art of speed control and spin. The putt requires spot on focus and determination. First and foremost this event will be about fun, with many laughs I hope. The real battle begins at Thomas the next day, fortunately played when the leaves,brush,thorns, and ivy are vacating, However there'll be plenty of unfriendly trees and branches waiting for your ever so slightly errant throw.
Last edited by R/B on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one19

Post by one19 »

`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
R/B

Post by R/B »

Thanks Smitty and Harry for the info. I,m looking forward to the SuperClass Tourney! ........I think I,ll call it "The SuperClass Showdown" and give it a western flair. I,ll Create a gun slinging cowboy trophy with a sizeable brass plate to honor all the quick draw champions. The superclass disc look really cool these days! Purchase yours soon and practice up hombres.
Austin

Post by Austin »

You will be a superhero if you can throw that thing without flip rolling it.

So, what's the official list of disc for this? Is there a superclass disc that is able to make left turns (for RHBH)?
pschmidt

Post by pschmidt »

If you throw a RHBH your gonna flip roll any of these discs. That's the idea... I think. Check Smitty's link for the list of discs.