Super Class Tournament Fri. Nov. 12th Lakewood Park

Salina News and info.
Austin

Re: Super Class Tournament Fri. Nov. 12th Lakewood Park

Postby Austin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 pm

I seen the link. What I am asking is are we playing just the "official" disc from the link, or including all of the disc Randy orginally posted.

R/B wrote:Birdie
Piranha
Rattler
Polecat
Sonic
Gumbputt
Skystreak
Zepher
Whamo 86 mold

R/B

Postby R/B » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 pm

:shock:
Last edited by R/B on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jones

Postby Jones » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm

I think we should have a Roc/Buzzz Tourney think that would be fun time also.

R/B

Postby R/B » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:58 pm

:shock:
Last edited by R/B on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:00 pm

KC has run "day-glo" tourneys with one round in the afternoon followed by dinner & a night round. That does sound like fun.

I've also heard of the buzz vs. roc tourney. Not sure if the players are allowed to use putters or not. If I remember right, I think I heard the tourney comes with both discs and you had to throw one the first round and the other the 2nd round. Then you also figure out which disc is better for which players.

It'd be interesting to compare what a player would shoot for 9 holes with just a putter of their choice vs just a mid vs just a driver. It'd depend on the course, of course, but I'd be the mid or putter would win on most courses.

PETRIE

Postby PETRIE » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:33 pm

This sounds like a great event! I've been looking for an excuse to buy one of those Zephyrs for a while now. I think I just found my excuse.

I'm already thinking it would be worth taking off work that Friday. I already know of a couple regulars over here in Manhattan might want in on this tourney too!
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

R/B

Postby R/B » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Sorry it,s been awhile since I posted here, I,ve been busy. Thanks to all of you who have posted! It,s good to see some intrest in "the superclass arena". Last week at doubles league I partnered with "The Professor" Harry Shimp. He busted out his Zepher on many occasions and even made a long putt with it. I grabbed hold of it and a spark of child like enthusiasm overcame me. Man I can,t wait! I assure you this will be fun! I will start a Superclass Thread in August on the Tournament Forum. Until then get your saucer take some time to get familiar with it and appreciate a different way to play golf. May the "True Master" of the platter step foward.

Return to “Central Kansas Disc Golf Club”