Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

THURSDAY NIGHT SINGLES GOLF

Salina News and info.
R/B

Re: THURSDAY NIGHT SINGLES GOLF

Post by R/B »

Mike, we would be glad to celebrate your birthday with you. Come on down the 1st , play singles with us and be our honored guest.
I got your entry fee, and I,m sure many will offer you some party favors. 8)

LakeWood North 6 pm
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Thanks RB, That's the plan right now, unless my family pulls some surprise stuff....See Ya Sunday in McPherson for the Masters showdown....maybe we can get 14 or 15 like last year
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Great time last night! Thank you R/B for making it happen! Thank you Phil for playing guardian of the Stella's! Did you know Stella is Belgium for "over priced Keystone Light"? Never the less I drank more then you allotted me! Just wanted you to know YOU CAN'T STOP ME no matter who you are!

I would like to take this moment in the spotlight to nominate Robert as the most improved player of the year! He's not a spotlight kind of guy so he's gonna hate me for writing this but at least he'll be the only one in our Salina group that hates me. Congratulations Robert on this prestigious nomination. I'm rooting for you!l

Lucky for me Robert was my partner last night. We should of walked away with thorough and complete domination of our competitors. Unfortunately for Robert I managed to shoot a 7 on hole 3 of the alternate round. I say "I" cause I literally did it on my own. Threw the drive OB in the shelter. Robert made pretty good work of the terrible lie I left him. I shanked the up shot and Robert nearly saved a 5 with a long putt. Then me dropping the Stevie Wonder putt on the ground = 7. Ugghhaa!

Thanks all for a great time!

Love Always,
DGSH
Swede

Post by Swede »

R/B, when is this kicking off??
Throw Millennium.
pschmidt

Post by pschmidt »

Last year started on May 12th. If Randy keeps it the same, we should start on May 10th this year. We usually wait until after Tuesday League goes to 6:00pm on the South then Thursday starts a couple Weeks after that
R/B

Post by R/B »

Sorry to keep people guessing.............. I,ve been slow getting back into golf all together. I was offered a very secure and lucrative role through another company with my occupation, which will extend through June. It is a financial decision that I can't walk away from, and it requires me to oversee a large project with specific deadlines that must be met. It's amazing what getting close to fifty does to a guy! If someone from Salina wishes to run singles I would'nt object.
Austin

Post by Austin »

We played singles last Thursday at Lakewood. Played shorts on the south and longs on the north.

Looks like Andy L. is going to run this league. Still will be $5 buy in. $4 going to payout and $1 going into a fund for a year end party.

Tonight (4/26/12) we will be playing singles league on the front nine of Indian Rock.
Austin

Post by Austin »

People have been showing interest, so we are going to start Thursday singles back up. In the past we have done a pro field and an am field. This year we are going to try a handicap system.

To establish a handicap you will need to play two rounds of singles league. The first two weeks of league (4/4/13 and 4/11/13) will be split pro/am while people are establishing handicaps. After the first two weeks if a player has not played enough to establish a rating they will play in a separate pool with others who do not have rating until they have their two rounds.

Singles will be on the south side at 6pm sharp. I will sit down and think of 4 or 5 pin configurations that play all pin locations, but score about the same.

Cost will be $5 like in the past. The last two years we had $4 for payout and $1 for an end of year party with no ace fund. We will vote on it this Thursday to see if that is what is still wanted.
pschmidt

Post by pschmidt »

Here's a simple handicapping spreadsheet that I've inserted the current members list into. There's no information now so that's why everyone is at "#DIV/0!" right now. Last year we did 14 weeks of singles league so that's how many weeks are listed.

HANDICAPS
Austin

Post by Austin »

pschmidt wrote:Here's a simple handicapping spreadsheet that I've inserted the current members list into.
Looks good.

Should we add a rule that if a player moves up a division during the year they lose the first half of their ratings? The idea is that as the year goes along new players advance faster than their handicap.

Robert last year would be a good example of a person improving fast. So lets say we play 12 weeks of league and he decides its time for him to go from advanced to pro. We would drop his first 6 ratings. He would still have 6, and they would be more current to his ability. I think this would be true for people who are moving from novice to intermediate.
Austin

Post by Austin »

4/4/13
Lakewood South Singles

Pro:

$18- Nate M 49 (won ctp playoff)
$12- Andy L 49
$6- Austin S 51
Jordan C 53
Rich H 55
Tom O 56
Scott D 56
Phil Sc. 58
Robert R 61

Am:

$20- Rod C 55
$10- Taylor L 56 (split cash)
$10- Andy J 56 (split cash)
Chris H 57
Trey C 58
Harvey W 61
Evan T 62
Tanner P 63
Aaron A 65
Jacob W 72

Spread sheet is updated. Thanks to everyone who came out to play.

The group decided that of the $5 entry, $4 will go to payout and $1 will go to a end of year party.

Party fund $19.
Austin

Post by Austin »

4/11/13
Lakewood South

Pro

$20- Austin S 51
Robert R 55
Phil Sc. 60
Rod C 60
Tom O 65

Am

$21- Taylor L 56
$11- Chris H (Crash) 57 (ace on hole 3 short to short)
Andy J 61
Chris H 63
Tanner P 64
Trey C 66
Aaron H 68
Matt C 73

13 people

Spreadsheet is updated.

Party fund is $32
Austin

Post by Austin »

4/18/13

No League. Was wet, cold, and windy.

Party fund is $32
Austin

Post by Austin »

Singles will be played on the front nine of Indian Rock tonight. 6pm.
Austin

Post by Austin »

4/25/13
Indian Rock Front Nine

We played 2 rounds of pro/am singles on the front nine at Indian rock last night with no handicaps. Will post all sores tonight.

There were 15 players total. That brings our party fund to $47.