Salina Community TV and Disc Golf

Salina News and info.
disc golf superhero

Postby disc golf superhero » Thu May 19, 2005 10:36 am

Joe,

Thanks for the heads up. We've had a few show's about disc golf on our public access. They were produced by a guy named Ross Long. The shows he produced were of Kansas Wesleyan classes coming out to throw. Made for pretty boring television even for fellow golfers.

About four or five years ago he did lot of videoing of the Rock tourney. Said he was going to make a show out of it and talked big but nothing happened. If I remember right he even interviewed and annoyed the hell out of several people.

Anyway I'd love to do it but I've got enough balls in the air....literally. I do have other friends that are producers. Maybe I'll contact them or give our old buddy Ross a call. Last I heard he works at Access TV now.

Next years Rock tourney would make for quality TV.

Ross Long: 785-826-9150

disc golf superhero

Postby disc golf superhero » Fri May 20, 2005 2:31 pm

Joe,

If you've got a show ready to go and I don't have to do much I'll get it on the air.

You do all the work I take all the credit. I could get use to that!

disc golf superhero

Postby disc golf superhero » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:11 am

Joe, received your tape. Enjoyed it! Looks like you have some fun courses in WI.

One of the guys I thought would be willing to produce this has let his license laps. Thought about contacting Ross but decided to go ahead and pay $20 to take the class myself. The video has to be submitted in DVD version. I have to take another $10 class on editing to transfer the VHS to DVD.

Just so you know I'm working on it Joe. Thanks

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:38 pm

Way to go Rich thats pretty cool!!!

disc golf superhero

Postby disc golf superhero » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:24 am

I took the producers class last night. I can't believe I haven't taken advantage of this before! Salina has an amazing resource available to us at Community Access!

For another $10 I can take the editing class. They'll teach me all I can learn about Final Cut Pro. If I don't get it on the first try, which I won't, they'll tutor me a long as much as I need.

I can check out up to three fancy ass $6,000 ++ Cannon cameras and video what ever I want! I can even ask for three volunteers to come help! FOR FREE!!!! I can't believe how cool this is! Oh and for the price of another $10 class I can check out the Mobil Access Van! It's a freaking complete studio on wheels!

Wish I'd of thought of this when I was looking for someone to shoot my promo video!

Oh yeah, so Joe I'm making a time to take the editing class. Then I'll go in and change the video format and see what happens next

I almost forgot the coolest part!!! Because this is all protected by our first amendment, freedom of speech rights, I can add boobs to the video and it's perfectly legal! Life don't get much better then that!

TanK

Postby TanK » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:07 am

Is Spidey doing the Napoleaon Dynamite dance routine?
Do Work, Son!

str8

Postby str8 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:40 am

Rich,

Sweet! How far will they let you travel? I've got some innovative ideas for this years Frontier, might be good for both our organizations. Ninety miles ain't too far to support another non-profit. Tracy and I have done a project on Final Cut Pro, three brains are better than one.

Str8

disc golf superhero

Postby disc golf superhero » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:52 am

As far as I can tell I can take the equipment where ever I need. Do you need me to bring the mobile studio cause that'll be another $10 class.

Do you have Final Cut Pro on a Mac there? I don't suppose it has to be a Mac but that's what they use in the studio.

str8

Postby str8 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:15 pm

It all depends on how much we want to shoot and if you you're going to participate. There's a lot of details to be worked out. The tournament is scheduled for the 10th and 11th of September, so it's a ways away. I don't have a Mac, but I do have access to one. Chris Glassman owns Casual Graphics. He did the T-shirts and the Booklets for us last year. He's been cool with letting us use one of his terminals as long as he doesn't need both for business, which is rare, but after hours we're cool. I'm working on a stellar ace reward and if pans out, it be cool to video it. I'll keep you posted as we find out more.

Str8

disclizard

Postby disclizard » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:37 am

I have already done one half hour show here in Wellington on the local cable channel. It was a half hour interview about disc gold and the pros and cons of having disc gold in a community. I also talked about using local leagues to do fund raising such as food drives and working with the scouts. the plans for another show is already in the works . this one will be teaching how to play disc golf . including drives, up shots, putting, rules of the game, disc golf ettiquite and safety. i have a copy of the show from studio 55 if any one wants to see it. it got alot of response and 57 people had called the chamber of comerace asking about disc golf in wellington .
Chain smoker

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:05 pm

disclizard wrote:I have already done one half hour show here in Wellington on the local cable channel. It was a half hour interview about disc gold and the pros and cons of having disc gold in a community.

For crying out loud its DISC GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opie

Postby opie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:15 pm

DISC GOLD GOOOOOOOD
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:50 pm

Dont encourage him Shan.........

Uncle Larry

Postby Uncle Larry » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:05 pm

Sandman did you at least leave the fan on???? :x
Are you going to pull that Smoke Wagon or stand there and bleed

Sandman

Postby Sandman » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:33 pm

Nope that wastes energy just like flushing wastes water!!!

Return to “Central Kansas Disc Golf Club”