Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

The Rock

Salina News and info.
LowGo

The Rock

Post by LowGo »

Mark S. was talking about meeting with Brandon and Clint to get a course design for Indian Rock. Has anyone heard what came of this?
smitty

Post by smitty »

I don't know, but I wish it would happen.

I think you could have a GREAT 9 hole course or a good 18 holer.
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

LowGo wrote: I guess what I am trying to say is quit being a dick and throw your trash in the trash cans. I believe there are 9 or 10 fifty-five gallon trash cans on the course, so its not that hard.
This is the main issue with putting a course on The Rock.

I don't want to settle for nine. Salina needs a complete 18 hole course!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Wow, a nine whole course at the Rock would be sick! I gotta get in shape!
disc golf superhero

_dm4 wrote:Wow, a nine whole course at the Rock would be sick! I gotta get in shape!
Just rent a cart like all the other old folks.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I don't think you will have enough land to put in 18 holes. Unless you can use the area to the South, down by the river. It would be 1 cramped course if you stayed on the Rock itself.
storm_front

Post by storm_front »

Salina needs another course, and the rock would be great, but i think 2 other parks would be great too. Like oakdale park, and thomas park.

Oakdale has the river through it, and u could have a couple holes over the water.

Thomas Park has alot of wood to dodge ( not only the trees ) but it could work great there too
blizzards,buzzards,bastards
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Thomas and Oak are awesome!!! I think Oak would be the bomb. There's alot of land and countless bridges so water shots would be very easy to work into a layout. Minus the elevation that course could be all of what the rock is.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The Rock is one of the top 3 best courses on the Oz Tour. Though fairly different, there has been a very interesting set up there each and every year. Is there a part of the tournament layout (south of the cliff) that can't be used? I only knew of the soccer field. I agree with Rich, something would need to be done about people trashing the place.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Thomas park would be cool! Atleast Brandon's brother in the van could still watch him play.

Oakdale probably has to many people. It is the most used park in Salina.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

smitty wrote:Thomas park would be cool! Atleast Brandon's brother in the van could still watch him play.

Oakdale probably has to many people. It is the most used park in Salina.
Yea you think Lakewood is bad that place is a breeding ground!!!

Oakdale isnt used at all. The only things used there is the tennis courts, the ampitheater and a greenhouse which is probably history oh and a ice rink. Other than that there is plenty of room out there. Besides the amount any of those things are used depends on the season. When is the last time you were there? I dont think you know how big that place really is. 27 holes could easily fit in out there.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Playground, butterfly garden, picnic shelter. I was there for a wedding last summer.

I just think it is a pretty busy park. If the city would go for it, it would be sweet.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Disc golf only parks are pretty hard to come by.......
disc golf superhero

Maybe another reason to avoid The Rock.

http://www.saljournal.com/content/2-0-/ ... story.html
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

OMG!!! Why werent those two at Thomas park I wonder???