Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Herman Pin Placements

What's happenin' in Wichita
Ring

Post by Ring »

I'll be at that meeting Via satallite...Beamed direct to Mikes satalite phone. :D If I can make the meeting from cali, then the whole club better be there :roll:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
JC

Post by JC »

?....
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

What's the hold up? I like to get Herman finished so we can start getting Alt. pin placements at Oak.
JC

Post by JC »

That's what I'm sayin. The ACDGC hasn't done much of anything lately.
Ring

Post by Ring »

It is the middle of winter and the holidays ya know :idea:
JC

Post by JC »

Except for 1 week, it's been unusually warm and I don't think putting a couple of sleeves in the ground would require that much time. I would be more than happy to do it. All they have to do is give me the sleeves and show me exactly where to put them.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

JC, the club will only move baskets once per season. They're a little behind schedule as they missed the Autumn movement. They only add sleeves once every 10 years. Oh, and you can not have any input in the new design. Well you can, but it just won't matter.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

iqbal wrote: the club will only move baskets once per season.
That is definitley not cool. I dont like playing the same pin placements all year long. Who has a key??? Lets get those babies moved at least once a month.

What up with derby??? More courses the better the way I see it............
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

Our club SUX!!!!! I mean they're kinda lazy, we get it O.K'd for sleeves but where are they at? I've offered to help, just give me the materials and I'll
put them in myself. What about Oak, yeah we did get 18 holes, tee pads
were poured, that was because the city had a job they were pouring concrete and had extra cement that they had couldn't use so we got pads.
Where are Oaks tee signs, wasn't there supposed to be funds for that or has this been forgotten about. OAK needs changes, I was there yesterday
and the park was FULL. And why is it mostly one sided on the desicions club makes. The meetings don't mean $#!t, we can come, put in our view
and it seems like it is only what the board wants,not the players. Here's
the funny thing about this, the board decides what is to go on, the board
designs it the way they want it, BUT the board hardly plays the damn courses, all of you'uns.

So here's my thought, hurry up with the damn pin placements, I'm sure I can get a crew to help install(all the ICT players) give us the do nots, I get
players of all levels, that actually play the courses on a reg. basis and I let
the players decide where the placement should go.

If you need someone more motivated to help with these kinda actions, let
me know, I would do anything to make our courses top notch.

Not trying to be a di(k, just becoming Impatient with the lack of motivation
from our leagues board.
Notorious ROG

Post by Notorious ROG »

SCOOBA, JC, SANDMAN, IQ DID YOU RUN FOR A BOARD POSITION?

I won't speak for the other board members..... BUT I am a busy person myself, I have 5 kids who are in sports themselves, I am in the middle of changing jobs, family for the holidays, just ran a C tier for the club, do the books for club & will be doing them for kdga.

So why don't you step up and run for the board, get elected or at least show up to vote & then do the work for a year, then I can bitch at your efforts while I'm sitting back being LAZY!

Yes, you hit a nerve!
Ring

Post by Ring »

Everybody just be patient.. It will happen sooner or later.. Even if they put the new stuff in you still won't be happy because they hardly ever move the pins anyway :cry: You'll just have new pins that only get moved at the tournys.
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

My turn to Rant a little (maybe even a lot)! :!:

Roger said:
SCOOBA, JC, SANDMAN, IQ DID YOU RUN FOR A BOARD POSITION?
No they didn't :!: , even though at least one (maybe two) of them were specifically asked by board members to volunteer. :? Now the deadline for filing has passed. :cry: I guess they think it is more important to be out on the course practicing or otherwise enjoying themselves instead of committing the time needed to help run the club. :roll:

It always amazes me how people can demonstrate their ignorance of how things really are with the comments they post on the website for everybody to see. :roll:

Calling the board lazy :evil: was probably the most stupid comment I've ever seen. :shock: Particularly with it being followed with how much a person plays when they don't see the board out playing. :roll: Did it ever cross anyone's mind that the board is spending its time running the club and providing decent courses for everyone to play on instead of being out practicing or otherwise having fun on the course. :wink: Everyone on the board spends many hours a month (a week!) on many of the untold and unappreciated duties it takes to keep disc golf even going in this city. :!:

It wasn't that long ago that the city wanted to "pull" both Wichita courses. :evil: After three years of work by members of the board, the city is finally working with us. Maybe not as fast as some think it should happen but it is finally happening. 8)

As far as attending board meetings, I've only missed one board meeting and we've only had a few non-board-members "stick around" for two of those eleven meetings. Only once (maybe twice) did anyone from the list above attend. :? No one other than board members have taken the time to attend a board meeting not held after a club night. :evil:

As far as having the funds to do things, :idea: why don't you come to a board meeting or even read the minutes to see the various potential uses we have to consider. Also, we are trying to get the city to provide some of the improvements so we can spend our funds on other projects, etc. If that takes a little more time, so be it. That way the club may have the funds to develop a new course somewhere. :shock:

I've ranted :oops: long enough. This is again one of those cases where the complainers don't know the full picture and don't want to spend the time to find it out or to "jump in" with their own time. :?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

C'mon Scooba. Those are pretty uninformed comments you are making.

I do play our courses frequently. I bring up course issues at almost every meeting. The dude that was hooking us up with the pins has been dropping the ball. When he gets off his hiney, I'll be on the job to install them right away. I have plans to gets SSA's for our regular finalized course configs. That includes a frequent and regular rotation of the course. Nobobody is more anxious for this to happen than me.

As far as Oak goes... It has been suggested that we dig up 18 baskets and knock off the concrete so that we can add 18 new sleeves out there. Of the 18 proposed hole locations, not one of them is as good as what we have currently, except the old positions for #3 and #4. Does this sound like an improvement? Adding placements that would make the holes become poorly designed just for the sake of having something new for a while just isn't smart. It would ruin the quality of our course. As far as tee signs go, it is something we've been discussing. It is an expensive undertaking which the club has done well to save for. We would like for them to both be nice equipment and get the cities financial help if possible. It is being pursued, but rushing into the purchase without doing the research would only again hurt the course.

Nobody's afraid to do the work. We do the work. All of it. Whenever their is an opportunity to get things done, look who shows up. If you cared to look, you would see all the extra hours board members are spending handling the neccesary, but unappreciated things that keep the club on the upswing. Getting our way with the city is a very tedious and difficult job. All of the board members have many different responsibilites, including their families, but they make time for the ACDGC. How often do any of you talk to board members about what concerns you? Judging from your words, it looks like never.

Calling the board's decisions one sided? That's a laugh. Things are discussed, ideas are exchanged, and things are weighed again. There are many intelligent people serving on the board. Making rash decisions on how to spend all the clubs money would be one sided. That's how it looks like things would be handled if everyone believed some other people worthy of doing the job. If you have an opinion, come to the board meetings and voice them. If you think you could serve the ADCGC better than those currently, run for a position. No one else seems to want the job.

Just who is lazy? It seems that some people believe that it is the board's job to do and think of everything and their job just to bitch. It seems that this undoes more of the work the club does, than it does show support. I see this attitude so much and I still can't believe. Think of what kind of image this open disrespespect gives our club of which you are a part of?

If the board members weren't people of integrity, they would abandon their job serving such disrespectful and unappreciative people. How would anything get done then? No one else has the organization or motivation to make any progress. The club would cease to be. My suggestion would be to work with people instead of against them. This forced defense against ignorant comments is an embarassment to everyone involved with the ACDGC. When you have something personal to say to someone, it should be done face to face. If it is something that merits forum discussion, the person informing everyone should choose their words CAREFULLY.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

was another great sitcom drama. :lol:
JC

Post by JC »

Mike,

How about this, I will order the sleeves and pay for them with my own money and help you install them. Dennis can probably get them to me in a couple of days and then if the city comes through with the other ones we can use them for something else. I play Herman Hill enough that it'll be worth it for me personally to have some different placements to play on 6 & 7.