Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Grant Application

Hays news and info
str8

Grant Application

Post by str8 »

Just letting the Hays golfers know that I've received a grant application from the Hays Convention/Visitors Bureau. I have to have all the paper work turned in by th 15th of January. So keep your fingers crossed. This could be a nice chunk of change to keep the ball rolling.

Str8

P.S. The parks dept. finally built dirt up around the concrete tees. It makes it much nicer.
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

way to keep on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
str8

Met the deadline

Post by str8 »

I completed the grant application and turned it into the Hays CVB on time. The maximum we could ask for was $2,500 and if there are any funds left over in June we may qualify for more. I don't know what the turn around time will be, but I'll post any news once I hear it. Oh, I hope no one minds if we revive the Flying Bison Disc Golf Club.

Str8
Eaglehigh99

grant source

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Interesting grant source. Do you know where their funds are coming from to do this?

Hope you get it. Good luck.
str8

Post by str8 »

Bob,

It is the tourism development grant program and was drafted to promote tourist attractions and events in Ellis county. As for where the funding comes from, I believe the city allocates money every year. Hope that answers your question.

Str8
str8

Post by str8 »

Well, we've unofficially been approved for the grant. The amount is unkown, but as you all know, every dollar helps. I post it when I know the amount.

Str8
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

nice!!!!!!!
str8

Post by str8 »

I spoke with the CVB yesterday and we were approved for the grant. I asked how much, and she was kind of shady about it. She assured me we could guarentee a stamped disc in the player's package along with a mini, t-shirt and player's booklet. The money has to be spent on promotion and advertising. Tracy had a great idea too. Since it's the 21st annual he thought it be cool to have a shot glass included in the package as well.
smitty

Post by smitty »

What do you have for a stamp/logo this year? It is going to be tough to out do last years?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Yeah, that was a killer stamp last year. Have any more '04 Frontier stamped discs for sale?
str8

Post by str8 »

Nothing complete for the logo at this point, but we have some solid concepts to build on. We need to have it ready by the tenth of this month, so we're still thinking outside the teebox. It will be difficult to out due last year's, but it will still be creative in comparison.

I don't have any stamped discs from last year, but I do have about twenty new t-shirts left and some mini's. I might use them for prizes this year.
smitty

Post by smitty »

I would love to get my hands on 1 of those shirts! I used mine as a school shirt until I stained it.

Hook me up! I have $$ or Discs to trade.
str8

Post by str8 »

Smitty,

What size? I have XXL and maybe and XL. I'll gladly negotiate with you.
smitty

Post by smitty »

XL would be sweet.