Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

grove

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

smitty wrote:
Schoen-hopper wrote:(316) 612-7896

If you get any phone calls at 3 in the morning, I had nothing to do with it. :twisted:
ITS GOING DOWN!!!!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Mike did you get any phone calls?
smitty

Post by smitty »

If you want to play the grove, you better hurry and get there. It is going to be pulled next week for the Walnut Valley Festival!

The good news about that is, Daniels will go into the ground soon after it is pulled.

I will post the day that we are going to pull the buckets. I hope that ALL the valley golfers come and help.
cottenokie

Post by cottenokie »

You and Shan will be there rite?? :lol: :lol:
BOOMER SOONER!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am sure we will both be there.

We do need some 2 inch PVC plugs or caps. Does anyone have a cheap hook-up on that?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Basket pulling party tonight. Call Rich for the details.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Well all the baskets that we could get at from the grove are gone. We had to leave 2, because the river was still flowing.

Thanks for the help. :D

We also saved a bad ass cat. The sucker was 20 feet up in a tree. After a little work, Shan and I conviced the little dude to jump. It was sweet, I never knew that a cat could swim. Shan took the little dude home. He was starving. I guess 4 days in a tree might make you a little hungry.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The North side of the grove was mowed yesterday, and the east side is being mowed today.

Missing holes: 5, 6, and 16
Unplayable holes because of tall weeds: 11, 13, and 15.

We need to have league out there one of these weeks.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Is there any other grove design that would be more functional? Or would you lose the best holes along the river?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Is there any other grove design that would be more functional?
There is tons of room out there. I think that we could do a ton of things different. The problem comes in getting them done. Grant and I always played from a different tee pad on one hole. This didn't go over well with some other people in the group. We weren't playing "the course".
Schoen-hopper wrote:Or would you lose the best holes along the river?
I am not so sure that the holes along the river are the best? Hole 15 is the signature hole on the course. Hole 11 is pretty good also.

I have some tees that I play when I am out there that are pretty cool. Many of them are 100-150 feet longer. The length of the holes as they are now gives a big gun a huge advantage. I can putt on all but 2 of the holes out there for my second shot. Many other people are throwing a midrange or backing off of a driver.

Some of the tees I play from are shorter, and force you to throw a more skilled shot.

I hope that we can get all the bugs worked out before we put signs out there. As far a the vandals go, it is going to happen out there. The area has very little use, many of the baskets are close to the river were people fish or do other things. The way they anchored to the ground isn't worth a crap. A few twists and the anchor is broken, and the basket is in the river or gone.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I like the grove and it's longish play. I would agree though that big arms have a huge advantage the way it is set up. Make it longer where the importance will lie on the second shot and bring the trees more in play and the course could be even better.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Quit lengthening local courses and I might play Winfield league at courses other than Mulvane and Cherry St.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Long courses are usually better. Par 2.5 is pretty 2 dimensional. Besides, Winfield is known for par 2 holes and having one course that gives a decent challenge is not a bad thing.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

pecan grove is already long enough.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The course is long, there is no doubt about it. When we put tee signs in, Harv is going to probably move some of the tees.