Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2006 Round up

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Notorious ROG

2006 Round up

Post by Notorious ROG »

Saturday, November 4, 2006
PDGA C-Tier Event
KDGA Event

PROMPT START BECAUSE OF DAYLIGHT CONSTRAINTS
Sign-in starts at 8:30am (approximately) & ends at 9:40am
Players meeting at 9:45am with a 10:00am tee off (don't be late)

Meet at the Water Works building

The following divisions will be offered if at least 3 players show up for the division:
COST (Prize fund & KDGA fees):
Please NOTE: all non PDGA members must pay an additional $5.00 fee to play in this sanctioned tournament:
Open Men $35
Open Women $20
Masters $35
Am Women $20
Advanced Men $25
Am Masters $25
Intermediate Men $20
Novice $15
Juniors $15

Ace fund $ 1 (ACDGC will add $50 to the fund if a non-ACDGC
member hits an ace, ACDGC members get 50% of the
club fund.)

Thanks to our sponsors: (as of 10/12/06 - we're looking for more sponsors - A flyer will be handed out - call 755-1313 or 734-4831 and ask for Roger if you wish to be a sponsor for this event)
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

I haven't checked it out myself, but the word is Herman has construction going on and sound like there is a pad that has been dug up, is this going to interfere with the round up? Anyone know anything?

OAK! is a option.
JC

Post by JC »

I work across the street and it looks pretty tore up to me, especially around #7. I haven't been over to try and play it so I can't say for sure how bad it is though.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Hermans 2 pin config is complete now. Other than hopefully planting a few trees, I don't see any changes in the near future.
AHhhh.......What happened here. Oh yea widening pawnee happened. AND its not gonna be done till April!!!
Friz-Rocker wrote:That`s what we said fifteen years ago,and the layout has changed fifteen times.
Make that sixteen Friz.......
smitty

Post by smitty »

People are asking questions about your tourney on the PDGA forum. You guys may want to reply to them.

I posted the info off of here.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

No one is more ticked off about this than me. I've been keeping scores for the different tee/pad combinations and now it looks like the course will need to be tweaked yet again.

Apparently communication with the city has not been too good on this issue, eh? I've been trying to get some contact to find out about any land or trees that we might lose. I remember hearing that the street was just getting one lane added and that the pads would be ok where they were. I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of putting 7's sign back in the ground had I known.

I wouldn't post it on here like it's a huge problem for the tournament though. Currently, the only hole that can't be played as normal next weekend is hole 7. We'll just have to make an alternate tee (shorter), I suppose.

Weather doesn't get any better than this time of year. I'm sure the event will be a lot of fun.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I have saturday off, Should I come? Who will be there to take my money?
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Ruder wrote:I have saturday off, Should I come? Who will be there to take my money?
Rog is the TD
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I'm gonna try to make it. There is a pheasants forever shootout and cookout at the gun club here on friday night, so I'll probably be rolling in saturday morning.

I'm gonna get schooled hard. Why does Wichita golf always eat me for lunch?
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Roger told me he got a disc order in today. Weather is supposed to be nice Saturday. See you at the Water Center.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

You won`t see me and I live here.That`s because no points update-no play.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Friz-Rocker wrote:You won`t see me and I live here.That`s because no points update-no play.
you tell'em
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

We are playing the short course. Almost every hole is reachable with the right drive. The course is giving up the skip again.

You should play Friz. You and me are the only people (that are actually attending events) not looking so good in the points standings. You, however, are only a few points back on Rich. If you have two good events... I'll see you there.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

This may be the first time I get to play the course without 30 mph winds

Post by 2 »

Me and Iq played a round today at Herman, didnt have any problems. All the tee-pads are still there!!! Played all long and tied, even across the board.. NO 5 dollar!!! :cry: