Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Grants???

Salina News and info.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

MOthrows wrote:
disc golf superhero wrote:I'll try to make 7 work. The wife just started an evening job during the tax season. This is very sad news. Means I have to cook, clean, homework, bed before 7:30. What's the address? Beers provided?
1915 Marc St., I'll try and get the wife to swing by and pick up some big boy pop. Preferences?
Around 7:00 at my house
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Will there be peanuts, pool, & pinball?
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I've got peanuts, pinball on the computer and Gunner has a baby pool that you're welcome to take for a test drive. I told the wife to pick up some beer, so we'll see what she brings home.
disc golf superhero

Good idea! That way if she screws it up we can cuss her out. Suddenly I'm more concerned about the beer then the meeting.

There's only two kinds of beer. Guinness and free!

Am I the one you warned your wife about?
disc golf superhero

p.s. Did anyone IM Str8 to get the information he offered? Sounds like good information.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

disc golf superhero wrote:p.s. Did anyone IM Str8 to get the information he offered? Sounds like good information.
Yep, he sent it to me last night. No superhero, I didn't warn my wife about you. She already lives with a much bigger problem. :)
smitty

Post by smitty »

What did you figure out?

12 kick butt holes at the Rock?
disc golf superhero

Initial plan is to ask for 18 at Thomas and 9 at IR. Today or tomorrow I'll be writing a feeler e-mail to send to the powers that be.
smitty

Post by smitty »

disc golf superhero wrote:Initial plan is to ask for 18 at Thomas
Make sure you include the fact that it is the biggest GAY park in Salina. A few extra eyes may keep unwanted people out.
disc golf superhero

smitty wrote:it is the biggest GAY park in Salina.
How come you and Austin are the only two that really know this?

Actually Indian Rock seems to of had more 'gay' busts lately. We are hoping more traffic in Thomas would be a selling point.

Oh yeah, we're going to throw Oakdale and Kenwood on the table too. Not an 'in addition to' but as an 'instead of'.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I've got the notes from last night that I can post if anybody thinks that will be helpful. I definitely think that bringing a trash bag to league and picking up some of the trash that casual golfers leave is a good idea when we're trying to establish a good rapport with the city.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Oakdale and Kenwood would ROCK!

Water, trees, small elevation, nice and mowed.

Lots of trafic could be a problem. What would be killer is if you had a power point to show them.

Maybe even drag a basket around the park, and take different pics of possible holes on each course.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Initially we're going to try and find out which spaces the parks dept. deems available and go from there.
smitty

Post by smitty »

disc golf superhero wrote: How come you and Austin are the only two that really know this?

DGSH we need you to figure this out for us. Use your Superhero powers!

We need you to go and do a little naked sun bathing. Make sure you lay on your stomache, and lube up good to protect against harmful U.V. rays. :shock:
disc golf superhero

smitty wrote:What would be killer is if you had a power point to show them.

Maybe even drag a basket around the park, and take different pics of possible holes on each course.
That's a great idea! That would be part of stage II. I could put it together with iPhoto.