Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Disc Golfers who have inspired you and why.

A place for off topic discussion. Please keep it keep it clean & nice
Ring

Post by Ring »

McCabe wrote:damn, this thread got hijacked!
Mission accomplished!! Yes :!: :twisted:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
ronconversjr

Inspiration

Post by ronconversjr »

inspired by John Heaton (not the famous pro
) good friend and competition who in 1981 gave me a original champion eagle and then kicked my ass with his...CRAZY JOHN BROOKS made throws I still have not seen duplicated ,what a putter!!!DOWNTOWN RANDY BROWN gotta be one of the most unflapable easiest going gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure of playing with ...every time.TIMMY GILL another really great guy as he misses a 20ftr after canning an 80,"(depreciating)IT AIN`T NOTHIN BUT A PUTT"and means exactly what he says.Many more folks motivate and inspire me some names you`d recognize including but not limited to:MACEMAN the bro`s,Smitty,Eric,Kyle,Babbit,Leron,Dennis Vaschultz (play Herrington!!!)Mitchmac(special notice) as well as a number of golfers you`ve never heard of but still made lasting impressions because of thier personal story.Ask me sometime and I`ll tell a few great stories ,but don`t ask and expect to get away soon.
DUH

Post by DUH »

Convers gave me my 1st putter & taught me how to putt better.
Shelly (Bunch?) inspired me to be as good as she was when I met her. I was in awe that a chic could throw that far.
Scooba Steve taught me to be more aggressive & hard-core.
2-away taught me to shut-up & play.

I enjoy watching the pros play & trying to mimic their techniques.

Lacy inspires me to have 1 more beer!
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

DUH wrote:Convers gave me my 1st putter & taught me how to putt better.
Shelly (Bunch?) inspired me to be as good as she was when I met her. I was in awe that a chic could throw that far.
Scooba Steve taught me to be more aggressive & hard-core.
2-away taught me to shut-up & play.

I enjoy watching the pros play & trying to mimic their techniques.

Lacy inspires me to have 1 more beer!
Scooba taught me how to be really loud on the course.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
superq

Post by superq »

For sure Babbit was a huge influence starting out in Emporia that guy is and always has been a class act. When I moved to Lawrence my game was shaped watching Henry Pohacsucut, That guy is a solid player and a great guy, Then when I thought I knew it all I met Randy Brown and I knew that I had a lot to learn.