Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Did you know Wide Open was this weekend?

Salina News and info.
disc golf superhero

Did you know Wide Open was this weekend?

Post by disc golf superhero »

So I'm in the KC area all weekend for gigs. Friday I don't go on till 6 so I got all day. Wouldn't you know it the one time I forgot to bring my discs! Crap! I find out Dick's has discs and go see what they have. They got nothin but crap discs. I end up buying a DX Beast (which I've never thrown before) and a Shark (which I ain't thrown since the late 80's). I drive to Waterworks all excited for my first trip to the course. Who knows maybe I'll find someone to play a round with. Imagine my surprise to find players like Ken Climo, Barry Schultz, and Christopher Smith walking around the course. I walked a few holes with Smitty's group. Got to see him ACE hole 8. Very nice! Guess I wont get to play Waterworks this trip.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I know that Randy, Austin, and Billy are down there playing this weekend too.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Was it in the morning or afternoon when you went out to WW?
disc golf superhero

Morning. I got there about 10AM. Tomorrow my last show's was at 2 so I was hoping to go watch the big dogs play their afternoon round. Now they want me to do a late show. Tough decision between satisfying the client or watching golf. Wish golf paid the bills.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Austin will be playing WW tomorrow and the Open players will be at Blue Valley.
disc golf superhero

Shows are over. I'm off to find my friends!
pironix

Post by pironix »

Were you at the bbq tonight? I'm pretty sure I saw you juggling out in the area by the practice basket...

Was pretty awesome to see you get in on the act with the ring of fire stuff if that was you!
disc golf superhero

Yep. That was me. What a great evening with friends although none of mine showed up till late. Wished you'd of introduced yourself.
ronconversjr

all your friends?

Post by ronconversjr »

just to let you know ...I was the guy who asked about learning to balance a bowling ball on your head (catching it!).Thanks for the imprompto show!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
smitty

Post by smitty »

How long did you stay at the BBQ? I pretty much ate some food and got out of there.
disc golf superhero

Ron I probably shouldn't of been attempting the stall a bowling ball on the face stunt. That's kind of a 100% soberish stunt. But at least everyone said they enjoyed it. Nice visiting with you.
Smitty I was there till after dark sometime. I ended up rocking with the band and then leading the streaking mob downtown. Good times!