Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Updates

Salina News and info.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Why would you want to put 6 new sleeves in at Lakewood?

Since I have starte playing disc golf, it has been. The Rock this, the Rock that, Oakdale this, Oakdale that, Thomas this, Thomas that.

Make something happen!
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Why do we want six new sleeves at Lakewood? Because variety is the spice of life.

We've got the wheels in motion for Thomas park, but it would sure help if a pro would come and help us design the course.

Common, help us make something happen!
Austin

Post by Austin »

smitty wrote:Why would you want to put 6 new sleeves in at Lakewood?
Because they cost $3.57 each. And were not putting in 6. We are putting in 7.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Austin wrote:Because they cost $3.57 each. And were not putting in 6. We are putting in 7.
That is great, I guess. I just don't see where you are going to put any alts. that will greatly improve or change any of the holes. Unless they are going to let you put some down in the nature trails.

It really will not effect me one way or the other.

I probably shouldn't have voiced my opinion in the first place. Sorry if I offended any Salinians. Other then Mace, I don't care what that dude thinks. :)
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

I was shocked and chagrined after reading your mean and spiteful comments and I think that the only way to truly heal the rift that your malicious statement caused is for you to come up and help in the design of our new course. If you can't do that....well, continuing to hook me up with pimp discs will work too. :)
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

smitty wrote:Other then Mace, I don't care what that dude thinks. :)
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

MOthrows wrote:"chagrined, spiteful, malicious"
Someone's showing off his college educate again.
Smitty I agree with you. I'd just as soon spend a work day on a new course then putting alts on the current one.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

disc golf superhero wrote:
MOthrows wrote:"chagrined, spiteful, malicious"
Someone's showing off his college educate again.
Smitty I agree with you. I'd just as soon spend a work day on a new course then putting alts on the current one.
I don't see any reason why we can't do both.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I am not sure if Lakewood can be greatly improved. And I doubt we will ever get any of the nature trails. Right now we wouldn't want them. The dirt wall is still broke, so the woods are still flooded. I am not sure the city is going to do anything to fix it either.

We are going to be able to solve some problems with the new sleeves. The guy who lives across North St. from hole six on the North side has filed a couple complaints with the city about golfers going into his yard. We are thinking about putting one of the sleeves back into the pine trees to make it more of a straight shot, rather than the big anti over the road that flips out into his yard. Also, since the city has trimmed the trees on this hole it has become to easy.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Affy29 wrote:No offense Austin
None taken.

I don't look at improving what we have as wasting money. At any rate the money is already spent and we need to set a date to get the new sleeves in the ground. Maybe Sunday before or after league? I know two weekends from now is Topeka, so that one probably wouldn't work.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

What about this Saturday? How long will putting these in the ground take?