Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

LSDiscs MIGHTY SHUNGA OPEN (SEPT 22-23) B-TIER ($1000+ CASH)

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

$40 Donated by...

Information System Mgt. and Automation Solutions
www.beisnercorp.com

Thanks!

Post by 2K »

Dustin Widener #18173
Advanced
Ryan Orton

Post by Ryan Orton »

Count me in as a sponser on a hole bren! hole 18 at the lake
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Got ya Ryan. Hope that hole treats you well...

We are intending on using at least 9 of the old baskets (with new chains) from crestview for our alternate courses. I have come up with 3 extra baskets that are tournament quality. This leaves us needing 6 baskets that are portable, to complete the 18 hole course. If anyone has a chainstar, mach 3, or discatcher that they could bring, it would be a huge help. Please pm me if you have one and are willing to bring it.

Also, I will be calling around to motels to see if we can get a special rate anywhere and will keep people updated.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

carlbren21 wrote: Also, I will be calling around to motels to see if we can get a special rate anywhere and will keep people updated.
You should look into that hotel right next door to Town & Country, good clean place with a nice strip club right next door. :lol:
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Leo D. wrote:
carlbren21 wrote: Also, I will be calling around to motels to see if we can get a special rate anywhere and will keep people updated.
You should look into that hotel right next door to Town & Country, good clean place with a nice strip club right next door. :lol:
Yes it if VERY nice.... if you like toothless pregnant strippers :cry: The ones that aren't pregnant, you might need to question their gender... so I've heard!

Here is the Motel that we will be using. I haven't blocked any rooms cause I didn't want to have to pay for rooms if they didn't get used. Anyway here it is...

Motel 6
41.99/ night for Double (mention you are with the tournament)
709 SW Fairlawn Road
Topeka, Kanas 66606
785-272-8283

As of today 9-13-07 10:00 am there are 13 non smoking and 4 smoking rooms available for that saturday night (sept 22nd). As I mentioned, I didn't block any so if you are planning on staying at a motel, call soon. There are races in town this weekend as well so plan on the motels being full come that night. Let me know if there are questions.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Can I pay when I get there Saturday morning?

Clay Houser #30762
Advanced
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Clay wrote:Can I pay when I get there Saturday morning?

Clay Houser #30762
Advanced
Yes. You may pay up until the end of registration/ beginning of players meeting at 9:30am.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

carlbren21 wrote: Here is the Motel that we will be using. I haven't blocked any rooms cause I didn't want to have to pay for rooms if they didn't get used. Anyway here it is...

Motel 6
41.99/ night for Double (mention you are with the tournament)
709 SW Fairlawn Road
Topeka, Kanas 66606
785-272-8283
Good choice. I always stay here when in Topeka.

There is another Motel 6 near 470 and Wanamaker, roughly the same distance from Crestview. Its 3 stories (outdoor entry) and more crammed on parking than the Fairlawn motel, but there are more amenities nearby.

In either case, both motels have a "click 6" rate if you book online. You can usually save $3-4/night. http://www.motel6.com/
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

The regular price is $46/night so I think it has been discounted for us already.

Does anyone have an extra basket that could be brought down? We will probably have enough portables, but want to make sure they are all 'quality' baskets.... I have enough putts fall out as it is :x :D

We will be having doubles on Friday night before the tournament at Big Shunga. It will be a flex start, so play when you get there! IF you are interested please let me know.

If you are planning on playing the tournament, or know someone that is, and haven't pre-registered yet, please let me know. You don't have to pay me now, but if I can get you on the list, it will save a lot of time and ensure things get ran smoothly come tournament day.

Only 1 week away!
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

Course maps-

Shawnee Lake South temp.

Shawnee Lake North

Big Shunga temp.

Crestview

I didn't have a new map of Crestview, but it has been revamped and we have all new baskets, and new placements.(along w/old placements, redone)

The first three are pdf files.
JAKE N

Post by JAKE N »

Jake Newell
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Got it Jake.

We will be having doubles Friday night at Big Shunga for anyone interested. It will be a flex start, starting around 12-1pm. There will be an open division (cash), and a am division (plastic). Cost will be $10/person with 100% going back to payout. Bring your own partner. You are more than welcome to come play big shunga on Friday regardless of whether you will be playing doubles or not. Hope to see you there!
$c0oBa

Post by $c0oBa »

So far 5 of us coming up from the ICT. :D

Scooba Steve Pro pdga#30851

Iqbal Pro Dont know his #

Jeff Ring Adv. NON-MEM

Josh Hull Adv. NON-MEM.

James Brown WOW!!! AM2 NON-MEM.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

All registered and ready to go.

About what time will the Big Shunga course be ready on Friday?