Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Colwich

What's happenin' in Wichita
Khawk

Post by Khawk »

discscout wrote:I want everyone to spend some time out there at Colwich. The fellow that replaced our supporter on the board is the exact opposite and wants to get rid of the expense of mowing Colwich. Show some support and play the course. Yes, there are a couple of trees that need trimmed but it is very playable.

I'm new to the DG world and am truly hooked. Both of my brothers play religiously. One lives in San Diego and plays Morley Field daily and the other lives in Anchorage and plays a couple times a week up there. I had played with them a handful of times and now all of the sudden I decided to really devote some time in the sport. I have played the course in Colwich 7 times this year already and love it. Played a couple times at Oak as well, but Colwich is a bit closer and hole markings are awesome. Course looks great right now, a little muddy from the thaw, but other than that it's excellent. Let me know the next time we need to do a cleanup and I'm in.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Bill will probably have another clean up day scheduled some time before the tourney coming up in March.

I bet we will do a couple of ACDGC league events up there, but I think that'll be later on this winter, closer to the tourney. We could do it sooner if it will draw a decent number of players.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

colwich has got my vote for league. thats an awsome course.
Chain smoker
discscout

Post by discscout »

And to think that this course is sitting in all the short pin placements. Someday I hope to see the long installed. Club is scheduled there the weekend before Mar 8th, tourney date. We will probably have work days in conjunction or the week before. mGlad you like the course. Go to Newton if you like this one and see what this could look like with a little work.
jtkustomizer

Re: colwich work day

Post by jtkustomizer »

***RICKY BOBBY*** wrote:there will be a work day at colwich on feb. 9th followed by league so those of you that can make it there might be a little insentive for you showing up. we need as many people as we can get to clean up for the colwich tourny on 03/08/08. so to all that can attend we would greatly appreciate it. :!: :!: :!:

I need to go play there because I havent yet but If i dont have to work count me in. Is there anything people should bring. I will drive my truck if its needed other wise I will drive the speed machine...aka the Honda
discscout

Post by discscout »

Chainsaw, pruning loppers for small branches, leather gloves. If you have none of these, no problem since we need more people just pulling the stuff to piles. I will have a sack full of leather gloves for those that don't have any. We have to hope for either dry conditions or frozen conditions so we can drive out there.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Who here has a CHAINSAW?
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Who here has a CHAINSAW?
I dont have one but I think that I can get one or I can just bring a regular saw and put some good old fashoned work into that.
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

what time sat???
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Sandman wrote:what time sat???
10 A.M.

I have to work so I wont be able to make it there for the cleanup or the Mini :evil:
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Ron

Post by Ron »

I also have to work this weekend. How late are you goinng to be out there cleaning things up? I'm also lost to where the course is. I'd like to play it sometime.
Ron Richert
discatcher

Post by discatcher »

Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I got to work Saturday. Travis might not make it either. Someone else might need to run league after the workday.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

So I guess I will be there around 11ish......
Ron wrote: I'm also lost to where the course is. I'd like to play it sometime.
Head north on 96 to hutch. Then take the maize exit and head west till you get to colwich. Take a left right before the school (on your left). Then take the next right on the dirt road go about 1/4 mile and your there.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Workday news and details. Lets shoot for 10 am. Instead of meeting at the parking lot, go all the way through town to the next road that goes south which is the west end of the course. That is where the initial work needs to be done. It will be too wet to drive out there. We would certainly cut ruts in places. We will have to walk in but not a huge issue. I have a chain saw and numerous pairs of leather gloves to protect from thorns.