Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Little Apple Open Manhattan, KS May 24, 2008

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
mrsenortyler

Little Apple Open Manhattan, KS May 24, 2008

Post by mrsenortyler »

Sign-up starts at 9:00

Players meeting at 9:45

First Round 10:00

Entry Fees and divisions:
Open, Masters, Open Women, Grand Masters $35

Advanced, AM2, Novice, $25

Jr. $20

Optional $5 Ace fund.

I was going to make entry fees $40 and $30 respectively, but lowered them each by $5 because there is an entrance fee to the park. The fee is between $4-$5.
Last edited by mrsenortyler on Wed May 07, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

This is an awesome course, and I am excited that we are getting it back on the KDGA Tour. If the course alone isn't enough to attract you, I am also going to add plenty of cash to all the Pro and Am payouts. The WVDGA will be helping out with the plastic payout.

The Tuttle Creek Riverpond area also has lots of amenities to offer, so be sure to check out all those things if you are interested.

Directions: Take Tuttle Creek Blvd/US 24 North out of Manhattan, go past the normal riverpond entrance, as it is closed due to construction and turn right on KS Highway 13. Go across the dam and turn right on Riverpond Rd. If you cross the Spillway, you've gone to far. Wind down Riverpond Rd around and you will come to the gatehouse where you pay the fee, and then Parking will be on the corner, next to the big Golf Course Map. You should see a big INNOVA sign to know where to check in. Gate house should open at 8:00 Am
Last edited by mrsenortyler on Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

If you are going to come, let me know and I will make a pre-registration list. The first 20 to register will get an awesome players-pack!

Open
*Tracy R
*Austin S

Open Women
*Robin R

Masters
*Dave Richardson
*Harvey Barger

Advanced
*Josh Case

Adv Master
*Tom T

Intermediate
*Josh L
*Jason Adkins
Chris Tyler

Recreational
*Mike Daniels
Last edited by mrsenortyler on Fri May 23, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

I'm thinkin I'm in.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
iguardus

manhattan tourney

Post by iguardus »

I will be there, adv master

tom thompson
PETRIE

Rookies entering the Manhattan Open?

Post by PETRIE »

These may be stupid questions . . . but here goes.

1. Myself and a couple friends just started playing Disc Golf LAST WEEK and we are really enjoying it. We've played the short course at K-State a couple times and have really, really enjoyed the sport thus far. Do you think we should enter the Manhattan Disc Golf tourney coming up on May 24th at Tuttle Creek ?

2. We talked about attending just to watch, but hadn't decided. Do people do that . . . just show up as spectators?

3. If we do enter, what classification should/would rookies like us be placed?

4. If we do enter, how many hours will this event last? Will it end by Noon, 3pm? 5pm?

Any other information about the course at Tuttle for someone that's as new to Disc Golf as me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

KDGA tournament formats are pretty standard. You can count on having a good time. Show up at 9am to pay and get a little warm up before teeing around 10am. Rounds last about 2.5 hours with lunch about 60-90 minutes. It depends on how many people play, but most tourneys that aren't huge last till around 5:30.

As to what division you play, most people new to tournaments will play novice, or rec division (usually these are the same division except in PDGA tourneys). If you shoot your rounds out there in the upper 50's, you might consider playing intermediate (this division usually shoots in the 60's) or even advanced. But that is up to you. Higher entry fees, but better payouts.

Nice course with nice big trees. The big drive can take an advantage there. Last time I played there we couldn't move many pins because the alternates were damaged or filled with dirt. With a little maintanence, this course is pretty sweet.
pironix

Post by pironix »

I'm in..
iguardus

Post by iguardus »

yes you guys can come and watch buti would play it will be fun and you will only get better by playing with people that play all the time. it will probably be over by 430 to 5pm depending on how many people show up. you will be able to in the novice division which is for people who have not played a lot. hope you guys will show up it will be fun.
mrsenortyler

Re: Rookies entering the Manhattan Open?

Post by mrsenortyler »

PurpleRick wrote:These may be stupid questions . . . but here goes.

1. Myself and a couple friends just started playing Disc Golf LAST WEEK and we are really enjoying it. We've played the short course at K-State a couple times and have really, really enjoyed the sport thus far. Do you think we should enter the Manhattan Disc Golf tourney coming up on May 24th at Tuttle Creek ?
Playing tournaments is a great way to get to know the sport. It's also helpful to learn all the correct rules.
PurpleRick wrote:2. We talked about attending just to watch, but hadn't decided. Do people do that . . . just show up as spectators?
Some people do this at large events, but at smaller one's it is nice to join in on the fun. If you'd like to spectate, come on down!
PurpleRick wrote:3. If we do enter, what classification should/would rookies like us be placed?
There is a division for everyone! Beginners usually start out in the Recreational Division.
PurpleRick wrote:4. If we do enter, how many hours will this event last? Will it end by Noon, 3pm? 5pm?
I would like to think that the tournament should be over by 5pm.
PurpleRick wrote:Any other information about the course at Tuttle for someone that's as new to Disc Golf as me would be greatly appreciated.
Tuttle is a really fun course. It's not to challenging for new players, except the one hole that's pretty long. While at KSU I would play here with my roommates when they first started out, plus, KSU Campus tears up your discs.
PurpleRick wrote:Thanks.
No problem, any other questions, feel free to ask!

-Chris
smitty

Post by smitty »

If you are looking for a place to play this weekend, this is it.

Chris Tyler has ran a few ideas by me, and he is going to go above and beyond to make this a great event.

Tuttle Creek is a pretty good course, I wish I could make it. I will be stuck drinking beer in Western Kansas.

Good luck to all and come make The SNGs first tourney a good one.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Don't forget about the Run for the Roses, and Smitty sponsored a CTP hole for all Ams, and I will sponsor a Pro CTP!
frolfin Jake

Post by frolfin Jake »

There are a handful (5 or 6) of us that play Tuttle just about everyday. There are 17 holes on the course. There is no hole for the #6 tee pad. Some people play to a yellow and black striped pole, but it's only about 120 feet away; we usually throw from 6's pad to 16's hole across the road and then walk over to 7; but, clearly, its not an official hole. I can tell you that as of now, all the alternate pin placements are cleaned out and usable. This means alternate hole locations on 1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 16, and 17. There is an alternate placement for 5 but we've never been able to find it since they started construction to the right of that hole.

Hope to see you all tomorrow morning!
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

What went down?
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
smitty

Post by smitty »

2 Open Players Austin then Leo
8 Masters with Harv winning, and having the lowest total score.
12 Am Players