Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2008 LSDiscs MIGHTY SHUNGA OCTOBER 18-19 PDGA B TIER

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
carlbren21

2008 LSDiscs MIGHTY SHUNGA OCTOBER 18-19 PDGA B TIER

Post by carlbren21 »

LSDiscs MIGHTY SHUNGA OPEN B-TIER

DATES
Singles Rounds (4 rounds) October 18-19 (Saturday-Sunday)
Doubles Round October 17 (Friday Evening… pending)

COURSES
Crestview
Big Shunga
Lake Shawnee
Lake Shawnee South

DIVISIONS/ENTRY FEES (Must have at least 3 per division)
Open- $70
Open Masters- $65
Open Grandmasters- $65
Open Women- $65
Advanced Men- $50
Advanced Women- $50
Am II (Men)- $40
Am II (Women)- $40
Recreational/Junior- $30

*******ADD $10 IF YOU ARE NOT PDGA CURRENT*******

GIVEAWAYS
All amateurs will receive a players pack consisting of a tournament stamp disc, tournament stamped shirt, and other cool stuff!
We also have over $1,500.00 worth of disc golf prizes, gift certificates, and other stuff, that will be given away in raffles, closest-to-pin contests, long putt contests, long drive, run-for-the-roses, mini competition, etc…. Basically, you shouldn’t worry about going home empty handed!!!

PAYOUT
ALL DIVISIONS- There will be trophies for the first place winners of all divisions.
OPEN- A minimum of $1,000 will be added to the pro purse
AMATEUR- At least 2 travel baskets will be given away to am divisions. Advanced division will get one, and the other one will go to whichever division has the most gross entry fees. Am’s that cash out (approx top 40%) will receive certificates for merchandise that will be set out during the awards ceremony.

SCHEDULE (Subject to Change)
FRIDAY
-Doubles at Big Shunga!
SATURDAY
- Check In/ Registration (Crestview Shelter House)- 8:00-9:15am
- Players Meeting- 9:30am
- Tournament Start- 10:00am All players will play both Big Shunga and Crestview once on Saturday. Order of play will be determined closer to tournament time.
- After both rounds are completed on Saturday, there will be a party with food and drinks for players. Most likely, it will be at one of the local bar and grills.
SUNDAY
- Player Meeting- 8:30am
- Tee-Off- 9:00am All players will play Lake Shawnee North (original), and Lake Shawnee South (alternate) once on Sunday.

CONTACT

BREN NORDGREN
CELL: 785-608-8688
HOME: 785-267-4142
OFFICE: 785-266-7648
EMAIL: CARLBREN@SBCGLOBAL.NET

I would encourage pre-registration to ensure your spot. We are expecting quite a large turnout this year so make sure to register early. To pre-register simply email me your Name, PDGA #(if applicable), D.O.B., Sex, etc… You may send payment by check, or via paypal @ lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net. If using paypal to pay, please include an extra $3 for processing fees.

MORE INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED AS IT COMES!!
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

We have found a sponsor hotel. If you plan on coming to the tournament, lodging should be dealt with soon as there are drag races in town that weekend and they tend to fill most of the hotels. There is likely come camping available at Lake Shawnee, and we can also make arrangements to host some people in club member homes and/or properties they could camp on. Contact me for more info...

Clubhouse Inn & Suites
924 SW Henderson St.
Topeka, KS. 66618
Off of exit 356 I-70 east or west
10th & Wanamaker (Behind Hooters)
Contact Neil or Hotel Staff and tell them your with the DG tourney...... 785-273-8888

1 king bed, 1 sofa sleeper- $75.00 (unlimited guests) could sleep 6
1 queen bed, 1 sofa sleeper-$65.00 (unlimited guests) could sleep 6

Amenities- Full hot and cold breakfast bar, Manager Reception (Happy Hour!) including an open bar from 5-7pm (free beer, wine, cocktails, etc...) and free snacks (popcorn, chex mix). There is also a courtyard and an indoor spa!
iguardus

Post by iguardus »

i will be there, Tom Thompson adv. masters #24927
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Got ya Tom. I have pre-reg list up and will be updating it every other day or so. If you plan on making this event, let me know and it will save time the day of the tournament.
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Pre-Registration list is up....
http://www.pdga.com/tournament/tourname ... urnID=7912

As well as a link to get registered online...
http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1222942722

Let me know if you plan on attending!
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

carlbren21 wrote:We have found a sponsor hotel. If you plan on coming to the tournament, lodging should be dealt with soon as there are drag races in town that weekend and they tend to fill most of the hotels. There is likely come camping available at Lake Shawnee, and we can also make arrangements to host some people in club member homes and/or properties they could camp on. Contact me for more info...

Clubhouse Inn & Suites
924 SW Henderson St.
Topeka, KS. 66618
Off of exit 356 I-70 east or west
10th & Wanamaker (Behind Hooters)
Contact Neil or Hotel Staff and tell them your with the DG tourney...... 785-273-8888

1 king bed, 1 sofa sleeper- $75.00 (unlimited guests) could sleep 6
1 queen bed, 1 sofa sleeper-$65.00 (unlimited guests) could sleep 6

Amenities- Full hot and cold breakfast bar, Manager Reception (Happy Hour!) including an open bar from 5-7pm (free beer, wine, cocktails, etc...) and free snacks (popcorn, chex mix). There is also a courtyard and an indoor spa!

Just got a call from the Clubhouse Inn and they wil be saving the rooms until October 17th or until filled. There are seven room left (5king, 2queen)if anyone is interested. Also, they are making the king rooms $70 for down from $75.
skeen

Post by skeen »

ace fund?
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

skeen wrote:ace fund?
Ace fund will be $5 for the weekend. If multiple aces are hit, they will be split evenly at the end of the tournament.
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a hole for the tournament please let me know.
$25 for one hole (used once each day)
$40 for two holes (used once each day)

We will also have champion maxs, boss's, excalibers, destroyers, etc... that may be purchased for $20 which will go towards fundraising efforts as well. The cfr discs will be in around tourney date.
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

At this point the players packs will include...
-Comfort Fit Combed Cotton Shirt
-Tourney Stamp Disc
-Tourney Stamp Mini
-Tourney Stamp Water Bottle

We are working on including more, but that is what I know for sure. We have at least 100 players packs, so should have enough for everyone. The open divisions will recieve players packs, minus the disc. Also, it looks like the players party will be held at crestview shelterhouse, and should include food, drinks, and games (glow round, or glow mini!).
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Put DD down for a couple holes and Jeremy Rusco Advanced #29631 on the list. Looking forward to this one!
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Go it Rusco! Thanks! Forgot to mention that we will be marking out the temp courses this weekend. Big shunga will be set up all week and we will have league out there on Wed. at 5 oclock. The lake temp course will be marked but won't be set up until day of the tourney. We might have to make some slight changes to that becuase the county has planted some new grass out there and want us to stay off of it. I'll post more info as it comes....
JAKE N

Post by JAKE N »

Jake Newell #29989 Open
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

Crispin Carrasco, OPEN, #33698, DD-agent.013
Bo Carrasco, Advanced, #35980, DD-agent.in.training.1981
carlbren21

Post by carlbren21 »

Crestview, Big Shunga, and the Lake are all set up the way they will be in the tourney. Here are some notes for each that may be helpful until we get maps...

Crestview Gold- 1-6 play normal. 8 tee to 9 basket. 10 down in woods behind trail. 11 tee to 14 basket. 15 normal. After 15 you will cross the parking lot and there is 8 holes on the other side. 16 pad to 17 basket. After that, there is three mor holes that go east along the road. There are four holes that head back west including normal 18 to finish up.

Big Shunga- This course has only one change from last year. Hole 12 which is along the trail heading south... the basket has moved about 80 left and 80 feet shorter to avoid some new grass the city has planted. The new grass is marked out of bounds. Other than that, same course.

I will post a map of crestview when I get it.