Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Innova Pro Pig

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
Schoen-hopper

Innova Pro Pig

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Love the name. Hope they come out with the rest of the pork series. Piglet, Mrs. Piggy, The Oinker, El Jamon, Baconator Deluxe....

Seriously though, this is a useful disc. It has the feel of a Rhyno and the stability of a new Gator. For short shots into the wind that need a hyzer finish: there isn't a better disc for the job.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

hell by the head line i thought you were discribing some one with a trunk full of innova.
Anakha

Re: Innova Pro Pig

Post by Anakha »

Schoen-hopper wrote: there isn't a better disc for the job.
Get in the Zone. :wink:
Notorious ROG

Post by Notorious ROG »

Played in gale force winds last night and the PIG ROCKED
It holds a nice line into massive headwinds....
I kept expecting it to turn over but it never did....
doc

Post by doc »

How's this Pig compare to a Gateway Demon midrange overstability-wise? Gators and Drones - I've found these to be less overstable than Demons.

Ain't nuthin' more overstable than a Z-Extreme...thanks ROG! My go-to short-range flick disc. Z-Pred for longer range flicks.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Z-Xtreme is an extremely useful disc. I'm surprised that nobody is making a slow & extremely overstable driver anymore. Lots of shots where anything else will either go too far or isn't overstable enough.

The Demon is probably more overstable than the Pig, but they are different discs. The demon is a mid and the pig is in between a mid & a putter.

Something about the grip on the Demon & Gator always caused me to grip lock. I mean almost every shot. The grip on the Pig is just like a Rhyno.
doc

Post by doc »

Sounds very intriguing...thanks Mike. My Demons have not been replaced since they came out in '02(?)...though they've never come out clean enough when I flick them...thus the Z-Extreme.

Then there are/were those times when a Rhyno will/would REALLY glide into a headwind...so something (sans Gator/Spider) more overstable would fit the bill.

Pro Pig - sounds worthy...if not by name alone!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Flx Drone is my favorite overstable disc! I used to throw the G5i Demon, the really overstable one with the flat top section of the dome, but there were skips and rolls. This hardly ever happens with the Flx Drone. It hits the ground and stays. I have also hit more up shots with this disc than any other. The Flx grip is awesome!
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

Threw a Pig.
Great disc.
Bad thumbtrac.
Last edited by Anakha on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Thumbtrak is what makes it good, or it would be a dumb old gator.
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

I've thrown quite a few Gators in all the variations/plastics, and the Pigs I threw were quite a bit more stable.

I don't like the thumbtrac and never have. I'd still be throwing brick Rhynos if it wasn't for that damn thing.

Still, great disc. But the ESP Zone is where it's at. I just wish the rim was a mm or two deeper...
doc

Post by doc »

Gonna have to track down a Pro Pig and an FLX Drone. Sounds like they may both have a niche. :idea: