Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Calling All Manhattan Disc Golfers

General Disc Golf Chatter
PETRIE

Calling All Manhattan Disc Golfers

Post by PETRIE »

Hello All Manhattan Area Disc Golfers!

I am working on some things that will benefit everyone who plays disc golf in Manhattan. I would like to know how many people play here on a regular basis.

1. I know there's a lot of K-State students that play, but how many?

2. There are a lot of "permanent" residents that play too, but how many?

3. Some of you might even drive to Manhattan to play just to add variety, but how many? If so, from how far away do you travel?

So . . . if you could take an educated guess on the numbers that fit into those categories I would appreciate your feedback. Plus if you could put in your posted reply how many people are in your regular group of disc golfing friends I would appreciate that too. (for example, I have about 6 guys and one gal that I play with on a regular basis).

Thanks, Rick

p.s. If you'd rather send your info to me in an e-mail or have a questions you'd like to ask me . . . you can send it to thepurplerick@yahoo.com
PETRIE

Disc Golf in Manhattan

Post by PETRIE »

Sorry if I was too vague for you to chime with your feedback. The two things I'm working on are the following.

1. A potential indoor place to meet once a week this winter to work on your disc golf putting while playing a couple fun games that only require one basket.

2. I'm working on a proposal for a new course with a group of people I play with every week.

If you are interested in either of those things I'm working on please feel free to contact me.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Just wondering why indoors? I played for the first time in snow last year and had an absoloute BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PETRIE

Indoor Facility plus a New Course

Post by PETRIE »

Sorry if I confused anyone. The two topics I mentioned above are unrelated, accept for the fact that they are both disc golfing topics.

1. I would like to find a place to play one WEEK NIGHT a week because of the lack of daylight, not necessarily due to winter weather. When you work a typical 8am to 5pm job, it's dark when you go to work and it's dark when you go home. I realize that some people play with glow discs at night and play outside year around. However, I have a few ideas of games we can play inside that would be fun . . . while giving you a chance to toss discs in the winter with out wearing a coat or playing in the dark.

2. Well, we did our presentation tonight and it went really well. Stay tuned for more info about our "sales pitch" for a new Disc Golf course in Manhattan.

Long Live Disc Golf!