Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Herman Hill Disc Golf Course

What's happenin' in Wichita
iqbal

Herman Hill Disc Golf Course

Post by iqbal »

Watch local golfers humble the championship caliber course.
Click here for the Youtube video.
Ring

Re: Herman Hill Disc Golf Course

Post by Ring »

Great camera work.. How did ya get Friz-Rocker out of retirement :shock: :?:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Funny. That Frizzy dude had a nice putt on #1. I thought he would take a diving roll down the hill with his follow through on hole #9. Keep it out of your eyeball, 2.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

It is cool to see different throwing styles on camera. Even in regular speed, you seem to be able to pick up on things you don't normally see.

It'd be cool to have a bunch of people throw the same shot. Critique each one. People throwing bad shots might benefit more if they could go back and review and understand what really went wrong or what they need to try differently.

I know I've got a pretty funky technique. But I've never really seen it on camera to give myself an idea on what makes sense to change. Not sure it would help, but it might.
the_lung

Post by the_lung »

Shots from highly skilled golfers that fly into the entrance road, the sidewalk, and nearly into the street.

Where are the novice players then throwing? :roll:
Got 6?
Ring

Post by Ring »

Since you left, we have none here :wink:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

It would be cool to record yourself like uncle Rico on Napoleon Dynamite. I bet I could throw a pig skin over that mountain.
My disc is bigger than your disc
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Lung`s not banned from our courses yet,but she`s banned from our novice tournament.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.

Post by 2 »

The_dung is right!! Were not that good!!! But we have a lot of fun playing anway!!! Peace/love :lol:
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

Mike, my kids and I played hooky today and did some clean up at the park. One of them walked the park and picked up trash and the other and I worked on that fence line by 18. We put a dozen or so large bags full of leaves and trash by the trash can in the parking lot. I threw away that green sleeping bag that was by the fence on 18. You will have to find somewhere else to make sweet love.
My disc is bigger than your disc
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Dirty Dave wrote: I threw away that green sleeping bag that was by the fence on 18. You will have to find somewhere else to make sweet love.
Nooooooo!!! Damn you!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Amazingly decent of you Dave. Thanks.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

The destruction has begun. I assume they're expanding a parking lot that is rarely full. What a waste.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

They are puting in a new surface in that parking lot that will absorb water. Yeah, it does sound like a waste of dough being that the parking lot was perfectly fine and without any drainage issues.

One thing that they say will not affect the course, buy may: They are puting in a "rain garden" that will border the sidewalk on the long side of the hole near the parking lot. Shots going long may go into it. Not sure if it will need to be OB yet or not.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Nope, but don't dare throw near the Dunkin' Donuts they will eventually put on the corner and force hole 2 to be modified. It'll probably have an underground access to the substation.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!