Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Tournament Sponsorship

What's happenin' in Wichita
Schoen-hopper

Tournament Sponsorship

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Time is almost up for aquiring sponsorship for the Round Up.

We'll be running the same incentive as before. 10% of the sponsorship value off of your tournament entry fee.

I have sponsorship forms, so hit me up at league.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Scott Miller hooked us up with some great first time sponsors this year. He'll be getting a free entry to the Round Up.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Go Scott!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrsenortyler

Re: Tournament Sponsorship

Post by mrsenortyler »

When do you think ACDGC will start planning on the Doo-Dah? I have some ideas for sponsorships, but need to know what we will have to offer sponsors. Doo-dah has a course booklet that lists sponsors, doesn't it? Just looking for a little info, thanks!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I can send you a file when I get home. It lists all this info. Remind me if I forget.
smitty

Post by smitty »

You guys should get your sanctioning fees paid and get the enent on the PDGA website. It really helps to have it on the calander early so people (outside of Kansas) can start to plan. Then updated the players list as registrtaion comes in.

I know of a service that may work with you on online registration.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The deal with the Doo Dah is we don't know who is running it. Bob says he will not.

I am being squeezed into the position, which I really don't want. The reason I don't want it is because I'm going to be caught between 2 sides. One side is the critical mass expecting everything to be done the way they want. They other side will be Bob expecting the financial side of to come out correctly. I've looked over past TD reports and understand very little on how Bob figured this up. He says the way the report is set up is wrong and adjustments need to be made. I've made myself available yet we can't get together to figure this out. So I feel as if I'm expected to do get it right, but without any clues, its set up for disaster.

I agree it should be figured out soon. I don't want to TD it. Why should I spend so many hours I don't have (I'll be working a lot of OT this spring/summer, plus running league), and not get to play in the event, when people will be unhappy anyway? The club (and TD) gets no profit from running this or any ACDGC tournament. The one reason I would consider it is that so many people have stepped up to help out. If I do it, I'll try my best, but who knows what will come of it. The numbers were a jumbled mess after the Ice Bowl and I'd imagine this event would only be way worse.
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

If Bob is too busy to help you figure it out can you look to someone outside the club that has experience setting up tournements?
My disc is bigger than your disc
smitty

Post by smitty »

Dirty Dave wrote:If Bob is too busy to help you figure it out can you look to someone outside the club that has experience setting up tournements?

Great idea!

Let Rusco run it. I am sure you could work out some kind of % kickback in the end.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Schoen-hopper wrote:its set up for disaster.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I can Co-TD if you want. Just tell me what you need help with.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Mike I say do it. You know you can handle it with every ones help. If your so worried about bob not approving of the out come then he should have steped up and handled the problems. wether it be TD the damn thing him self or give you the info and work out all the kinks ahead of time. if he doesn't feel he can do that then frick it he has no right to say crap about how it turns out. if he steps away from the doo dah than its no longer "his baby" . do it the best you can and I am sure it will turn out fine. we are all behind you 100%.

I do agree with smitty that the info for this should get turned in soon to the PDGA so it can get on the calender.
Chain smoker
smitty

Post by smitty »

I say if you want 180 people or more there, let DD run the event.

It would be up on PDGA already
Names would be added as people paid entry fees
Rounds would be posted before the next round started
Payout would be killer
All players would leave the event happy

Just a few things I can promise you would happen.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Ok first i would have changed it to frig not frick but thanks mods. second either way mike you couldn't go wrong. sure making it a DD tourney would be cool and it would bring in alot of people. so what ever you decide i am behind you . If you do it and need help sign me up . If rusco does it well hell i help out too if he needs but I'm sure his guys will beable to handle it all. Havent been to one of his yet but i hear they rock.
Chain smoker
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

Rusco is a good guy. There are a handful of good guys that I'm sure would be willing to give you some helpful information that have experience setting up tournaments. I don't think you would have to give the tournament over to someone to get the helpful tips needed to run it. Your also the club president and should do what you feel is best.
My disc is bigger than your disc