Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

grove

What's going on in the Walnut Valley!
mrsenortyler

Re: grove

Post by mrsenortyler »

Get some Tordon from me before you trim the small trees.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

You might want to get with Harv before you start cutting aby trees.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
smitty

Post by smitty »

zollmanator wrote:You might want to get with Harv before you start cutting aby trees.

Why would he have any say in what goes and stays? He doesn't work for the city.

I am not talking about "trees". I am talking more about limbs. There may be a few trees that come out also, no bigger then my finger any of them.
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Come on man, thats all the excitement out you I can get. Your getting to old. ( teacher old ).
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

You guys need to ask Harv, if you want excused from the dinner table, use the bathroom, or if you want to go outside and play.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Ring

Post by Ring »

smitty wrote: Why would he have any say in what goes and stays? He doesn't work for the city.
Harv is discgolf in Winfield nouf said
:!:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
smitty

Post by smitty »

Ring wrote:Harv is discgolf in Winfield nouf said

Harv has done a ton for Disc Golf in Winfield and Kansas for that matter. I will grant you that.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying he was disc golf in Winfield. Our "club" has bought tons of discs over the last few years and sold them to "club" members at a discounted rate. All of this money has went back into the courses or is ready to go back into course improvements. Our "club" has run many events small and big. All of which have raised money that could be used to make course improvements. Our "club" ordered Octoberfrizzz discs and distributed them at the Frizzz so people could have a disc from the event. Our "club" goes out of our way to make new players feel welcome and included in things we do.

I think that I would say our "club" is disc golf in Winfield. Harv is a small part of that club.
Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog »

Nicely said Smitty, but you forgot the nice donation of 9 new baskets at Cherry St. from someone in the "club". Also the donation to the city's food pantry from the "club".
Ring

Post by Ring »

smitty wrote:
Ring wrote:Harv is discgolf in Winfield nouf said

Harv has done a ton for Disc Golf in Winfield and Kansas for that matter. I will grant you that.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying he was disc golf in Winfield. Our "club" has bought tons of discs over the last few years and sold them to "club" members at a discounted rate. All of this money has went back into the courses or is ready to go back into course improvements. Our "club" has run many events small and big. All of which have raised money that could be used to make course improvements. Our "club" ordered Octoberfrizzz discs and distributed them at the Frizzz so people could have a disc from the event. Our "club" goes out of our way to make new players feel welcome and included in things we do.

I think that I would say our "club" is disc golf in Winfield. Harv is a small part of that club.
I know, I was just messing around :wink:
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Add a wraith on hole 8 and a diablo dt on hole 15. Both by Jake T.
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I haven't played the grove in a long time. Is it navigable for people who haven't played there before? Are there tee signs? All the baskets in? It's not overgrown yet, is it?

My brother Kyle was going down there some time today (I think). Thought I'd give him the scoop before he heads that way.
smitty

Post by smitty »

No, if you don't know the flow you will not be able to play. No there are no signs. We installed sleeves to install them. After we had the signs the pipe they were on was a different diameter and they just spun in the hole. So basically useless. I am sure it is about ready for a haircut, and probably will not get one until the middle of summer.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Grove has a fresh haircut! Get out and enjoy.
Fagan

Post by Fagan »

Smitty,

If you are off tomorrow and feel like working on your left handed game let me know. I am taking off work tomorrow and would not be against driving down there.

T O Double
smitty

Post by smitty »

Need to pull the baskets from the Grove.

I could do it this weekend, but don't want to do it solo. Looking for someone to help out? Takers?

Maybe Monday around 12:30?