Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Cart

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
smitty

Cart

Post by smitty »

I am thinking about getting a Disc Golf Cart, just so I can get one of these. This thing looks sweet! Would be killer for tourneys.

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/d ... -c-75.html
Dirty Dave

Re: Cart

Post by Dirty Dave »

That sure beats a stroller.
My disc is bigger than your disc
skeen

Post by skeen »

that is ideal!
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Where do you put your beer? Seems kinda pricey but looks like it's heavy duty.
Eschew Obfuscation
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Is it technically "legal" to use a cart of some sort in a tourney to haul your gear?

I did it on the second day of the only tourney that I've played in. Day one in the tourney I saw some guy doing it, so by day two I rigged up my golf club cart so it would carry my disc golf bag.

It worked great, but the hole time I was wondering "if it was legal" so to speak.
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

smitty

Post by smitty »

A cart is not illegal. You can pull, push, or carry your toys however you want.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

I want one of those motorized coolers to ride around the course!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doc

Post by doc »

That is a very cool pullcart...especially IFF that chair is comfortable!

However, as the owner of both a pullcart (with a seat, not a chair) and a pushcart/stroller (3 wheeled jogging type)...I gotta give the 'performance advantage' to the stroller. It is so much less tiring to push it up, down & across hills. Rounds at Water Works & Blue Valley totally convinced me. A camp stool is easily stowed for quick access...and the lower compartment will hold a soft-side cooler and a rechargeable Bose iPod docking station for jammin' tunes, mon.

These pushcart/ jogging strollers are also $200+ new...though I scored mine (with low miles) at a garage sale for $50. 8)

$0.02 // YMMV
A proud KDGA member since 1/1/09!
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

The one I rigged up looked almost exactly like the one on the right in the photo below. It was so easy because I simply attached my DG bag with a couple strategically placed zip strips to the golf cart I had bought at my neighbors garage sale a couple years ago... you can find these golf carts at garage sales all over the place.

I don't plan to use it again until I play in another two day (72 hole) tourney. I found that I didn't feel the need for a stool if I was using a pull cart, pull cart = fresher legs & back. In other words, I would either need one or the other (cart or seat), not both.

Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.