Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

NEW COURSE AT LAKE PERRY WORK DAY

General Disc Golf Chatter
carlbren21

NEW COURSE AT LAKE PERRY WORK DAY

Post by carlbren21 »

We will be starting work at the new course at lake perry on Saturday May 16th at 10am. We will provide food and drinks (pop/water/beer) for all that attend. Maybe even some free plastic! We will primarily be clearing out small and medium trees. Some of the holes are mostly good to go, but there is several that need quite a bit of work. Bring your chain saws, hand saws, and any other type of tools you have!

The core of engineers is dead serious about this course and are planning on dumping a lot of money into this course. When it is said and done, it will be KILLER! Elevation, trees, water, boulders, elevation over water, open fields into trees, trees into open fields, tunnel shots, multiple positions, multiple fairways, huge concrete pads (similar to blue valley, over 10' long), powder coated mach 3's, tee signs/maps, bridges, etc... They are just looking for any help possible to get this thing rolling.

The course will be at longview park which is on the north east corner of lake perry. Contact me if you can make it, or if you want to come and need a ride. We will make it happen. Hope to see a lot of help!

Bren 785-608-8688
PETRIE

Re: NEW COURSE AT LAKE PERRY WORK DAY

Post by PETRIE »

Bren,
You're killing me, man! I am going to be playing in the Little Apple Open on the same day.

I can't wait to have a course at Lake Perry, I've been excited about this since I read about it on KDGA.com a while back. It will be on my way "back home" from here in Manhattan. I will be able to play this course off and on for years to come... not to mention my brother and nephews over there in Jefferson County that I've recently introduced to this sport.

For those of you that don't know where Lake Perry is located, it's going to be a very good half way point for Lawrence & Topeka disc golfers to meet up. Hopefully an OZ Tour stop in 2010?

If you are you going to have a second work day any time soon please let me know. You probably have my e-mail address or just have your brother text me. I'll be glad to load up my chain saw, ropes, weed whacker, hoes, shovels, etc. because I'd love to help build a course.

Rick
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

Ranger KB

Post by Ranger KB »

PurpleRick, don't worry there will be several work days in the coming months if you want to participate. We welcome all the help we can get. It will take a lot of work to get this course installed right. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the course or future workdays etc.

Kyle Broockerd
USACE PARK RANGER
kyle.j.broockerd@usace.army.mil
(785)597-5144
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Keep up the good work Kyle & Bren. I can't wait to see the course you guys are carving out over there.
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.