Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

camp hawk mini?

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

camp hawk mini?

Post by Swede »

i don't know if its appropriate to use this forum for this but...

any interest out there in doing a $5 mini or two sunday july 5th @ camp hawk in newton? i was thinking two divisions with cash payouts in both unless there's someone with a big stash of discs wantin to come do some sales. maybe one round of singles followed by random flip doubles?

lemme know,
brandon
Throw Millennium.
dragonessk

Re: camp hawk mini?

Post by dragonessk »

A few from wellington would probably head that way. I've been wanting to play up there for some time.
ranmatt

Post by ranmatt »

I think I can make it.
:D
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Sounds like a blast, but I don't know if I can make it up...
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Swede

Post by Swede »

sounds like i'm the only local around on sunday. if i get enough response, i'll mow the annex on saturday and we'll mini it up. if folks can't come, i'll plan on a righteous hangover instead. the ranger has got the county property mowed up nice and has even started shaving the tall grass around the water creating a country-club-swank feel on the final three. there's also three new pin locations for folks that haven't been out in the last few months. 10am too early?
brandon
Throw Millennium.
stauf

Post by stauf »

count me in!
DUH

Post by DUH »

I'll be sure to say something at league tomorrow. Newton's a good course, I'm sure we can get peeps to show up.
I have the kiddo this weekend, but maybe I'll drag him out.
So Sunday @ 10, $5, right?
sb23

Post by sb23 »

i might be able 2 get some folks from salina 2 play, have always liked this course. So like 5-10 bucks at 10am on sunday?
Swede

Post by Swede »

$5, 10am. sprayed for poison ivy today. course should be in great shape especially considering the season. might even play a couple new holes if the ivy spray works.
again, i don't have plastic so unless someone contacts me to provide some, we'll play pro/am and it'll be 100% cash payout for both divisions.
bring water as you won't like camp hawk's well water. and pants might be a good idea unless you plan on hitting every fairway.
oh, and don't forget to stock up cuz liquor stores are closed saturday and sunday :|
brandon
Throw Millennium.
Wiggins

Post by Wiggins »

bo and I will be there... sucka
"Power means nothing without control young turtles" -Master Splinter
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

so will i

edit: woke up and was sore as hell, sorry couldn't make it
Last edited by cfluty on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Wiggins wrote:bo and I will be there... sucka
sorry guys, no rec division. i may have some papa johns coupons to hand out as a parting gift. :D
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

had 15 show up today with short notice on a holiday weekend. awesome. thanks to everyone who came. i ejoyed myself.

austin and andy lynn came down from salina and split the cash in open. joel abel and harvey wall (another salina slinger) went 1, 2 on the am side.

after lunch we split into A and B pool based on first round scores and drew some doubles. fresh off their wins, austin and andy drew short straws as austin wound up with tournament rookie bo carrasco and andy was saddled with noodle-armed brad roder. against all odds, odd couple austin and bo (pronounced "buh") pulled ahead by 4 strokes in 8 holes. but andy and brad never met a putt that was out of range and tightened the race by 18. stepping up to 19 brad muttered, "may as well be stupid" and proceeded to flex a giant anny over both rows of trees running the length of the fairway. the new pin location is tucked in tight to the corner of the O.B. driveway and parking lot. andy marked his partner's drive just shy of the parking lot and canned the 50 footer between trees and over the picnic table. that birdie was the first i've seen on the new location and tied the match @ 8 under.

andy, visibly stoked (at least his hair seemed bigger), stepped up to 20 and flung a who-needs-a-fairway seeing-eye drive through the trees on the right and brad popped a 40 footer. ho-hum, the comebackers take the lead. trailing for the first time, team odd couple responded by dropping both drives in the circle on 21. the C.B.'s managed to miss one from outside of 40 so we head to the water holes knotted @ 9.

too much mustard off the tee set the odd couple up for a three on 22 while andy and brad called ahead and made reservations for two. advantage comebackers.

23 was looking bald and sultry with a fisherman and his folding chair serving as the only impediment to the deep pin on the peninsula. brad hucked one that had everyone ready to holler "fore" but the star gator turned early and went for a dip in the pond. andy hit repeat and lined one just outside of the circle right not more than 8 feet from his first round drive. austin pulled his drive and wound up dry but well right. sensing the situation was dire, bo put on his "gotta-deuce" shorts and unfurled one on a very aggressive line. it may be long enough to hit land, i thought, but the only way it doesn't skip O.B. is if that folding chair gets in the way. bo, however, must have thrown a dx squirrel because his disc found land, checked up, stood and rolled up the hill before turning and rolling back down to the water; where for no reason, it stopped. ONIONS! :mrgreen:
austin, who rarely discusses previous throws, informs us that he hit a putt from there last round and we stroll up to survey the situation. after walking off the cheater-meter from bo's drive, it is determined that andy and brad are out. andy stood over his putt for quite a while before planting a no-doubter deep in the chains. bo bowed his head and austin asked to borrow his "gotta-deuce" shorts. buh said nuh but austin drilled the putt anyway to stay just one stroke back.

24's new pin is 20-25' past the water with a wall of cattails hiding the bucket. andy played the safe shot blowing 45' or better past the pin for the guaranteed par. brad was forced to club up due to the gator-sized hole in his bag and got all of whatever he threw winding up deep as well. with the door ajar, onions buh carrasco steps up and putters a little softy which nestles in 4, 4 1/2 feet from the pole. austin's ace run goes awry and we take up positions to see if brad and andy can salt the win with another big putt. the cattails and water made an unnervy backdrop for the birdie bids and neither of the C.B.s were able to get aggressive. for the second straight round, austin and andy wound up tied for the lead.

they did play a few playoff holes which brad and andy won. but i was drinking beer by then.

thanks again to everyone who showed up. we will do it again.

brandon
Throw Millennium.