Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KC Am Worlds Video Project

General Disc Golf Chatter
cooldaddyslickbreeze

KC Am Worlds Video Project

Post by cooldaddyslickbreeze »

I thought it would be best to move this post over here so I am not hijacking the post for Am Worlds information.

If you have not read my other post here is a quick run down. I am producing a disc golf reality web series with a friend of mine. He will be competing in the Am Worlds. The link to the videos on YouTube are below.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Episode 1

I just thought it would be interesting to follow someone as they prepare for the competition.
PETRIE

Re: KC Am Worlds Video Project

Post by PETRIE »

So, I am planning on going down there on the Sunday prior (July 27), and then again on Monday to watch the first day of events.

Considering I have never attended a Disc Golf Worlds Tournament, so I need some advice. Where should I go to see some of the big dogs warm up and or maybe even play some on Sunday? Also, Where should I go to the stuff that all the retailers will bring to sell, manufactures displays, and other sort of expo type stuff?
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

smitty

Post by smitty »

Sunday and Monday, it may be hard to find the Big Dogs. They will all be playing a course they think they need to work on. Some will be playing Mixed Doubles, so you could watch that.

As far a retailers. You will probably have to wait until later in the week. There should a huge flymart going down on one of the evenings.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Thanks for the insight Smitty. That is not good news, but I appreciate it just as much.

A close friend of mine is getting married on Aug. 1st so I will not be able to be over there on that Saturday or even Friday, July 31.

This Flymart you talking about sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to start surfing the web for info on it but if you know where to look or a contact name, number, etc. regarding that would be greatly appreciated.

PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Thanks for the magical word of "Fly Mart". With that knoledge, it was much easier to find the exact information that I was looking for in the following online document... http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/200 ... Letter.pdf

It's a three page document, that everyone who's considering going over there should read, but here's the part that I wanted to know about.
"The (2009) Fly Mart will be held at the Westin Crown Center, on Wednesday July 29. Tables are $110 each, or $200 for 2 tables. The tables are 6' long. If you need electricity or have any special needs, please contact John Chapman at 816-471-3472 or at john@discgolfworld.com. Also we promise, there's lots of room in the Westin, so we hope to have one of the best and biggest Fly Marts in recent history"

Thanks again Smitty,
Rick
Last edited by PETRIE on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rlangton

Post by rlangton »

Nice job on the videos cooldaddy. Looking forward to seeing more.
cooldaddyslickbreeze

Episode 2 is uploaded, check it out and spread the word.

Click here for Episode 2
cooldaddyslickbreeze

cooldaddyslickbreeze

cooldaddyslickbreeze

Final Episode

A quick wrap up of our trip to Kansas City Worlds. CoolDaddySlickBreeze would like to think Dynamic Discs, The Line, and The Lodge At Taylor Ranch for all their support. This series was an idea I had and a learning experience for me as a videographer. I definitely learned a lot on the production side and will take this knowledge to the next level with future projects.
cooldaddyslickbreeze