Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Western Kansas Tour

General Disc Golf Chatter
disc golf superhero

Western Kansas Tour

Post by disc golf superhero »

I'll be out there all next week. I'm in Wakeeney on Saturday, Hill City on Sunday, Hugoton on Tuesday, and Garden City on Thurs, Fri, & Sat. What are the must hit courses? Thinking Ransom on Monday. Maybe Dodge City on Monday too. I'll have most of Sunday free. Are there any Sunday leagues in the Wakeeney, Hill City area? Anything between Hugoton and Garden City?
_dm4

Re: Western Kansas Tour

Post by _dm4 »

disc golf superhero wrote:I'll be out there all next week. I'm in Wakeeney on Saturday, Hill City on Sunday, Hugoton on Tuesday, and Garden City on Thurs, Fri, & Sat. What are the must hit courses? Thinking Ransom on Monday. Maybe Dodge City on Monday too. I'll have most of Sunday free. Are there any Sunday leagues in the Wakeeney, Hill City area? Anything between Hugoton and Garden City?
Wakeeney is a fun little course, but the last time I was there, the tee markers were gone. I am guessing they were tired of trimming around them and pulled them. I think you can see most of the baskets from the first tee. But it is kinda fun, if you know the layout. I have heard there is an old disc golf course in Hill City, but I have never found it (I never look very hard, just when I am passing through). There isn't one listed anywhere that I have seen. Not sure about Hugoton. You could always run up to Norton. If you had time, McCook NE is a must play course! Elevation, long turnover, pine trees, tunnel shot, and one dog leg hole where you have to hit the landing zone to par! But that's out of your way. Colby has a course too, and I think it's fun. Again, tough to find the layout, but call Kyle (da man)! Hays would be on your way, great disc golf there (Frontier Park)! Too bad you can't play the temp holes that we play in Ransom at the tourney!! Maybe if you drive over there, you can figure out "long and skinny" and "the worlds greatest tunnel shot"! Hope you have fun Rich!
disc golf superhero

That's awesome feedback Don! Didn't know Wakeeney had a course. Or Hill City. I'll see what I can find out about them. Thanks!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

disc golf superhero wrote:That's awesome feedback Don! Didn't know Wakeeney had a course. Or Hill City. I'll see what I can find out about them. Thanks!
Like I said, Wakeeney small, Hill City, not sure... And of course, I better say that Ellis course kicks butt too!!! Better call Kevin R. before you go, the wooded holes might take you too long if you have to find them all yourself!! (they would me!)

Hays has another small course, Rolling Hills that is kinda fun. It's over by wal mart on the south side of I-70. I am sure there are more than these!
smitty

Post by smitty »

You probably will not find your way around Ransom without a guide either. Wakeeney is pretty fun. I don't think the course is in Hill City DM4, I have heard rumor of something in a small town between Hill City and Quinter?

There are a few new courses that have popped up way out West. I don't really know where Hugoton is.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Found Hugoton!

You better find an Oklahoma, Texas, or Colorado course to play.

Or better yet play one in all 4 states in the same day if you want PIMP status.
mikey

Post by mikey »

No corse in hill city, but Hoxie which is 35 miles west on hwy 24 use to have a 9 hole pole corse on the south end of town on hwy23. i think the park is called buffalo bill park not sure been awhile since i was there.
disc golf superhero

smitty wrote:Or better yet play one in all 4 states in the same day if you want PIMP status.
Brilliant! I'll start off in Protection, KS, head down to Hooker, OK, then on to Four Way, TX (Boys Ranch and Lipscomb are tempting), and finish off in Two Buttes, CO! All that awaits now is the ceremony.

Thanks for the input! Ransom's right on the way so I'll at least stop and look. Then I can say I've been there. Mace is on my speed dial so I use up his minutes as my virtual guide. I'll have time Sunday to head over to Hoxie. We'll see.
disc golf superhero

Wakeeney has a fun little course. No tee pads or markers. I just played basket to basket. Is that the assumption when there's no tee markers? The designer meant for it to be played basket to basket? Met one of Smitty's old students. Amy Flacks. Says you taught her to juggle.
Swede

Post by Swede »

disc golf superhero wrote:
smitty wrote:Or better yet play one in all 4 states in the same day if you want PIMP status.
Brilliant! I'll start off in Protection, KS, head down to Hooker, OK, then on to Four Way, TX (Boys Ranch and Lipscomb are tempting), and finish off in Two Buttes, CO! All that awaits now is the ceremony.
that's gonna be one heck of a celebration. you'll need protection for two buttes a hooker and a four-way. have fun.
Throw Millennium.
cnote

Post by cnote »

Hey fellas I'm in Dodge City for Dodge City Days and decided to introduce my wife's little brother(16 & 18) to disc golf. One of em put my valkyrie in the water on his second throw and the other put my wraith in the water on #7. Does anyone know where i can pick up a few extra drivers in the DC or Garden City area so we can get in a few more rounds?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I don't know where you could buy discs out there.

But I do know the nicest guy in disc golf. And he's got everything you need.

Discsunlimited.net
cnote

Post by cnote »

seems like his prices are pretty good but im only gonna be here a few days and i dont have time to wait for them to ship.
Boomer9time

Post by Boomer9time »

I heard you say that yesterday at the park. You can get innova disc at the locker room down by the bull and front street. That is the only place around.
When you playing again?
disc golf superhero

Played Ransom and Dodge City today. Ransom wasn't too terrible hard to navigate. Most of the town came out to watch. They'd never seen anything like it.

cnote: I can't imagine that waters too deep to get your disc back?