Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

THURSDAY NIGHT SINGLES GOLF

Salina News and info.
R/B

Post by R/B »

Welcome to Thursday night singles. There will be Pro, Am, and womans division if needed. Five dollar entry with $4.00 going to payout and $1.00 going towards players get together at the end of the season. I hope this day change will bring out more players and the rivalries begin. Play begins @ 6pm until the days shorten, and then it will be @ 5:30. We will play at Thomas park every week except the last Thursday of each month, where we will play Lakewood. ( North and South alternating)

The first wave of singles,( played on Fridays) was alot of fun! here are the results of the winners.

Pro division:

R/B ________6 wins_________4 Thomas________2 Lakewood
Austin______5 wins_________2 Thomas________3 Lakewood
Jones_______2 wins_________ Thomas
Nate _______1 win __________Lakewood

Ams division:

"King" Affholder_________6 wins _______3 Thomas_______3 Lakewood
"LL Rod Cooleo"_________2 wins_______1 Thomas _______1 Lakewood
"Harv Wallbanger"________1 win ________Thomas

Come on out and test your skills one on one!
pschmidt

Post by pschmidt »

7-15-10
Lakewood South

-3 Stretch & Tom $40
-1 Phil G. & Rod $25
+2 Austin & Mace $10
+3 Phil S. & Tim
+4 R/B & Sara
+6 Rich (Cali)

15 Players
Austin

Re: THURSDAY NIGHT SINGLES GOLF

Post by Austin »

Alt shot doubles was a good time! We should start doing different formats for league on Sunday. Worst shot might be a bit much, but some tripples could be a good time.
R/B

Post by R/B »

1st Thursday singles_______Lakewood South_______10 players________$40.00 payout_______$10.00 club

Pro:
R/B___________49_______$12.00
Stretch________52_______$8.00
Austin________56
Jones________58
Mike_________60

Am:

Phil G.__________55_________$12.00 Merch credit
Buddy__________60__________$8.00 Merch credit
Rod___________63
Matt__________81
Steve_________84

Good evening for our first Thurs. singles. Some new faces for singles and a few of the same old ugly ones. R/B starting off where he left off with his first Thursday singles win,and making his debut to singles was Stretch with a good showing @ -2 for second place cash. Stretch started strong and held the box for most of the longs.Then finding a short run of trouble he gave us shirt-tail graspers a glimpse of hope. In the Ams Phil Gugler cruised easily across the finish with his closest rival 5 strokes back. Buddy and Rod I heard were close multiple times at aces.(You guys need to save that for Sun & Tue.)
Thanks for playing shooters!

Thurs. club money $ 10.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

Thursday Singles________Thomas________12 players_________$48.00 payout_________$12.00 club

Pro div.

Stretch________57___________$12.00
Austin ________59___________$8.00
Jones_________59___________$4.00
R/B___________60
Rich__________63
Mace_________73

Am Div.

Affy___________60__________$12.00 Merch.
Rod___________63__________$8.00 Merch.
Buddy_________67
Harv__________68
Tim__________69
Sara__________85____________(womans Div. ______$4.00)

"Sticky and let me tell you Shaggy" wow Thomas needs some TLC. Thanks to Buddy and his Whacker 13 & 14 look great. (Much appreciated Buddy ! ) Stretch with his first win" Congrats ". This cat came to play and is looking for names, mostly mine. Good to see more rivalry! Austin and Jones were surprised to cash with a 5 over, but after all it,s Thomas. The rest of us bottom feeders were not .
In the Am's Affy taking his last hurrah in Am's. He made it clear he,s crossing over to Pro for singles, ( Samson grew stronger as his hair grew longer ) Rod taking 2nd again looks to be the up and coming new front runner.

The payout will be revised once again, and the winner will be rewarded more ( due to some modest growls ). "Sorry last cash, your moneys going to Low score". Thanks all who attended. Next week Thomas.

Thurs. club fund___________$22.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

3rd Thursday singles____Thomas_______8 players_____________$32.00 payout_______$8.00 club

Pro:

Austin____________55_______$15.00
R/B______________57_______$5.00
Hero_____________59
Stretch___________62
Mike_____________68

Am:

Rod____________64_______$8.00 Merch credit
Buddy__________65
Sara ___________81_____( $ 4.00 womans div. )

Another hot night for golf. ( hardly even any mosquitos out ) Tripple digit heat along with a unforgiving course brings out the worst in rivalries. Play could be more enjoyable if we keep our frustrations under control. Lets be more respectful towards one another and act professional. In the Pros' Austin captured his first Thursday win with consistant play. Rod and Buddy had a battle which makes for fun play.

Thanks for playing!

Thurs. club money________$30.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

4th Thurs. Singles________Thomas _______7 players_________$28.00 payout______$7.00 club

Pro:
R/B______________54____________$15.00
Austin____________61____________$5.00
Mace_____________64
Stretch___________68
Buddy____________71

Am:
Rod______________66_____________$8.00 Merch credit
Harry____________71

Had a nice breeze to push off some heat, but by hole three most of us were soaking wet. It,s nice to have the trees for shade cover, however many areas are too thick to let in much air movement. ( Mace did his best ........... but we prefer a cooler kinder breeze). Speaking of Mace, his putter came to play. He repeatedly cashed 40 to 50 footers,and several 30,s. He,s a even bet on the chains! It was fun including Ams' on the Pro card, I hope they continue to compete and grow. Rod started off pretty solid and got our attention as he held the pro card for many holes! Buddy wanted a shot at us,but decided to save his A game for affholder,that is when and if he shows. Wheres Phil ? Wheres Jones ? Wheres Waldo ? Surely its not the heat. Come on Hero get off the couch! Last of all entering the opening on hole 17 was interesting. A drifter was setting up camp right by the basket. He had his sweaty shirt,and socks drying on the basket. He was cordial and all and got out of the way, but try making a chain-banger after that ! Who knows what goes on at Thomas after dark?

Thanks for playing.__________ Thursday club cash_____$37.00 ________Next week Thomas 5:45
R/B

Post by R/B »

5th Thurs. Singles__________Thomas________7 players__________$28.00 payout__________$7.00 club

Pro:

R/B_________54_______$18.00
Austin_______58_______$6.00
Stretch______60_______$4.00
Rich_________62
Jordan_______62
Mace________64
Buddy_______66

Thanks for showing up on a regular basis players. This was the last Thomas singles for the season due to time constraints. we will resume next Thursday @ 6 PM @ Lakewood North. I find it interesting that many Salina golfers dont care to play Thomas. Sure, it beats up on you, and your score looks like you just started playing, but what of the challenge ? Where is the drive to better your game via a tougher course? Some people are content with mediocrity, while others knowing they might not have enough game to win, still show up and give their best. Every investment has its just reward, and players who have shown up regular despite failing to cash, are winners in my book!
Hey............ a first at Thomas with no 70s' or over score. Thats what I,m talkn bout! This course will make you a better player!!

Thursday club cash $44.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

6th Thursday Singles___________Lakewood North_____10 Players____$40.00 payout _____$10.00 club

Pro Division:

R/B_______________43___________$18.00
Austin_____________48___________$6.00
Rich_______________50
Stretch_____________51
Mace_______________54
Mike_______________DNF

Am Division:

Rod________________53____________$12.00 credit with Mace
Buddy_______________53__________ lost playoff
Harry_______________59
Sara________________66_____________$4.00 ( Womens Div. )

The North side is a Birdie fest. 45 birds for the evening as a group , that,s 25% of the holes with 2s'. Not too shabby!
R Bizzle in the Hizzle claiming his 4th , and Buddy & Rod seem to have a good competition going on. I would like to see more players come out and support the Singles Golf. More money needs to be generated for our get together at the end of October. A spark of interest directed towards a Bowling Bash! I think this sounds like a good time, and a perfect platform to observe Stretchs' dominate form. ( he he ) I,ve heard there's more than a few King Pins among us. Last of all " Sombody stop the madness thats forming...................help!

Next week Lakewood South 5:45
current Thurs. money $54.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

7th Thurs. Singles________Lakewood S.________11 Players____$44.00___payout_____$11.00 club

Pro:

R/B_________48________$15.00
Andy________49________$8.00
Phil_________51
Stretch______56
Mace________58
Austin_______61

Am:

Scotty D._________57_________$ 12.00 cash
Buddy____________63_________$5.00 cash
Harvy____________63
Rod______________66
Sara______________70________$4.00 cash ( womens Div. )

Just a Beautiful night for golf. Calm mid 80s, no bugs, nice mowed grass, Tees were alittle wet from earlier shower, and affected some of the players drives. I wish the weather would stay like this, Fall golf is the best! Enjoy it while we can. The old dog on the block takes his fifth win in Pros'( some would say he,s territorial and doesnt like loosing at home , others might say " he,s going down! just think happy thoughts it seems to affect his putter! ) at any regard I hope the battles continue. Andy Lynn brought his game tonight, were it not for that bogey.....hmmmm. ( that dude can putt!!!! )
In the Ams Mr. "canon arm" Donaldson brought the heat and dished out a plate of whoop-ass to his opponents. ( think they will let him coast in ams next time? ) Sara still waits for her rivalry..........hopefully some day!

thanks for showing up players ! ______________next week North side 5:45

club money raised_____________$65.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

8th Thurs. Singles___________Lakewood N.__________8 Players_______$32.00 payout_____$8.00 club

Pro:
R/B____________42__________$12.00
Andy___________46__________$8.00
Phil____________47
Austin__________51
Mace___________55

Am:
Rod C.__________51_________$12.00 Merch. credit
Scotty__________54
Buddy__________55

Looked like we might get rained out earlier in the day , but it turned into a pleasant evening for golf. Mr. Brown with 5 straight in the Pro (someone needs to knock him off his perch before he becomes to accustomed there,then you,ll never get rid of him !) Andy once again proving he,s a playaa. Phil had a red hot putter, and I thought he could win, but many of his stingers were for par saves. ( fun to watch though ). I feel like I should be singing " When the Saints go marching in ." Rod caps another win in the Ams' and plates a big W. for the team! Awesome! I appreciate your support golfers.

Club money_______________$73.00______________Next week South Side______5:45
R/B

Post by R/B »

9th Thurs. Singles____Lakewood South_______5 Players_______$20.00 payout ______$5.00 club

Pro:
R/B___________47_______$12.00
Stretch________54
Mace__________59

Am:
Buddy___________56________$8.00 Merch credit
Harry___________61

A small turn-out for such a nice evening for golf. Only six more singles for the year,and for time reasons all the rest of singles ( Through Oct. ) will be played @ Lakewood North @ 5:30 sharp. I seen some good consistant golf out of Buddy, and Mace played a grueling round in pain , due to an old football injury flared up. ( can,t keep a good man down ) Stretch battled himself and the trash can on 3. Thanks for playing!

Club Money_______________$78.00 ______Next week 5:30 North
R/B

Post by R/B »

10th Thurs. Singles____Lakewood N._____6 players___________$24.00 payout___________$6.00 club

Pro:
Austin______48_____$13.00
R/B________50______$3.00
Mace_______DNF
Stretch_____DNF

Am:
Buddy________60______$8.00 Merch credit
Harvey_______63

Evening started off windy. The ground was wet from earlier showers, with likely rain before rounds ended. With three holes left to play, down it came. Cold and wet ,let me tell you it was pouring. I was willing to concede but Austin said " play on"!
( Amazing what a two stroke lead can do for the soul). Mace and Stretch were out of the hunt and said "see ya". I can,t remember rain ever being that cold. Congrats to Austin for the win! Buddy captures his second win ,and looks for more takers. " come-on Ams" Thanks for playing! see you next week @ 5:30 North

Thurs. club money_______$84.00
R/B

Post by R/B »

11th Thurs. Singles_________Lakewood North_____8 players______$32.00 payout______$8.00 club

Pro:

Stretch____________46________$15.00
R/B_______________47________$5.00 ( won playoff)
Austin_____________47
Phil ______________51
Mike _____________57

Am:

Rod_______________53___________$12.00 Merch credit with Mace
Harry______________57
Buddy______________59

Beautiful evening for golf, scores should have been better as nice as it was. Stretch kept his focus despite a couple of spit putts and claims his 2nd win. ( ask him what he thinks of Lakewoods baskets) R/B could not find a putting rhythm, and Austins North-side nemesis " the O B line ", costed him the win! In the Ams' , Rod returned to challenge Buddy,who unfortunately is down in the back, but still enjoys the competition. Thanks for playing!

Thurs Club Money___________$92.00______Next week 5:30 North
R/B

Post by R/B »

12th Thursday Singles______Lakewood North_____7 players_______$24.00 payout_____$6.00 club

Pro:
R/B__________42________$12.00 cash
Affy__________51
Stretch_______54

Am:

Rod__________50__________$12.00 cash
Harry________56
Buddy________56
Sara_________67__________$4.00 cash

Another nice evening for disc'n. Lakewood North is a great little course to hone the short game. It,s the short game that produces consistant scores, and I dont think people give enough credit to that aspect of the game, or to these type of courses. You can go to a field to develop your distance drives, but to lower your score , play alot more courses like these. In the Pros' R/B takes his 8th win, and Rod cooley makes his presence known once again in the Ams. Affys back and playing Pro. Mace is at USDGC, and Austin and Phil are playing baseball. Miss having you. Thanks for playing locals!
Only two more singles leauge. Next week Lakewood N. 5:30________club $________$99.00
Last edited by R/B on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.