Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Thanks guys

Salina News and info.
disclizard

Thanks guys

Post by disclizard »

Rick a friend of mine and I and my dog barney decided to drive out to Salina and go Discin. We chose to go to Thomas park first . Wow what a freeking blast we had. We got there and it was chilly but the sun was out and the temp was going up. We had never been there so we just parked and then stared walking till we found the first tee, turned out we were parked out by hole three which turned out perfect because by the time we got to hole three we needed to get rid of our hoodies so the walk to the truck was short. The course was really fun to play. the trees plentiful and very challenging layout. I really liked holes 2, 6, 7, 8 , 12, 14, 16, 17. I think 6 was the coolest (only cause i got a birdie) and 14 were the coolest . I really liked the random trees in the midle of the fairway on 14.It made it so that you had to hit your line or pay the price.. When we got out in the open on 18 we noticed the wind had pick up alot since we started .As we were finishing up on whole 18 people were gathering at #1 tee pad getting ready to play. Guess it was league day at thomas. Mace was there and sold me a couple more minis for my collection (now up to 89) . Thanks mace.

After thomas we stoped and got a couple cold bottles of tea to take over to Lake wood park to play that course. The wind was really blowing hard out there off the lake. We both fought the wind but still had a blast. I shot -1 after 18 holes. we played the pads closest to the signes first and then the alternates for the second round. the only Hole we didnt find an alternate for was hole #1.

Thanks guys for having such a great set of courses for people to play. the hard work out at thomas is really looking good. the signage is also great . The only tee pad we didnt see a sign on was i think 13 at thomas. Great job guys. we will be back out again for sure.next time we come out we plan on playing RIPT at Thomas .lol
Chain smoker
disc golf superhero

Re: Thanks guys

Post by disc golf superhero »

Glad you made it up and enjoyed the course! It was all my idea!
disclizard wrote:I really liked the random trees in the midle of the fairway on 14.It made it so that you had to hit your line or pay the price...lol
Except this. That was Austin's idea!
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

disc golf superhero wrote: Except this. That was Austin's idea!
lol!
Austin

Post by Austin »

I had a birdie 2 on that hole sunday! RB owes me $50!
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Austin wrote:I had a birdie 2 on that hole sunday! RB owes me $50!
Money' was already been spent on beer. Besides you're probably making it up anyway.