Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

22nd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, 1/30/2011

What's happenin' in Wichita
Schoen-hopper

22nd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, 1/30/2011

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Ice Bowl 2010
SUNDAY, JANUARY 30, 2010
AT
Idlewild PARK IN WICHITA (Oaklawn), KANSAS

DIVISIONS OFFERED (If sufficient numbers participate to have each division):
Open $35; Masters $35; Advanced $30; Am Masters $30;
Intermediate $25; Women $25; Junior $20

Sign in starts at 8:30am (approximately)
Players meeting at 9:30am
Tee off at 9:45am

Meet at the Park building.
(From K-15, go west on 47th St. S. a half mile to a left on Cedardale. It is the last turn before the Arkansas River bridge. Take Cedarvale to the first right on Oaklawn Dr. You're there. 47th St. S. can also be accessed via I-135 a mile to the west.)

A potluck lunch will be held at lunch. Please bring something if you wish to help.

$10 of each entry fee will be donated to the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

Each player will receive 2 mulligans with their entry: additional mulligans available for $2 each before the first round and $3 each after the first round. All mulligan sales go to benefit the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

WE RAISED $2,150 FOR THE FOODBANK LAST YEAR. PLEASE HELP US EXCEED THIS FOR 2011 BY BRINGING ADDITIONAL MONIES AND/OR FOOD TO BE DONATED TO THE KANSAS FOODBANK WAREHOUSE.

SPONSORED BY AIR CAPITAL DISC GOLF CLUB; AND HIEBERT & DECKER, CPA’S (Still looking for additional sponsors).
Schoen-hopper

Re: 22nd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, 1/30/2011

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

BlueDreamz

Post by BlueDreamz »

Hey this is JD, I have a skill shot basket for backup if we can't get enough
And boom goes the dynamite...
BGLeftyFlick

Post by BGLeftyFlick »

I also have a skill shot that can be used as needed.
I'll let you know if I can bring food. I'm trying to talk Michelle into sending brownies with me.

Bryan Grosbach
Bryan G.
a.k.a. Teach
disc_golf_mania

Post by disc_golf_mania »

I have a basket that can be used and a mach lite for backup.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Schoen-hopper wrote:
Schoen-hopper wrote:
BASKETS

Mike Speer (1)
Russ Trice (1)
Bob Decker (1, maybe 2)
Mark Wilson (1)
Kevin Stauffer, Chris Dendurent, & Paul (3)
Ron Unruh (1, may need transport)
Ryan Doyle (1)
Nick Bunch (3)
Ben Wiggins (1)
Crispin Carrasco (1)
Jason Adkins (1)
Peter Mohr (1)

J.D. Wyatt (1 skill-shot backup)
Bryan Grossbach (1 skill-shot backup)
Ryan Doyle (1 Mach Lite)
Jason Adkins (1 Mach Lite)
Jason Childre (1 Mach Lite)

CHILI / OTHER FOOD

Michael Schoenhofer
Bob Decker
Jason Childre
Thanks everyone. Halfway there on baskets. Really, I have no prob using these backup baskets. My in-Step does not really cut it, but Skill-shots (Ching?) and Mach Lite's aren't bad. That's what mulligans are for!
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Nick Bunch says he'll bring 3 baskets. I can also stop by RonRuh's house and pick up his if he needs me to.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

me and wiggins each have a lightning basket.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Cool, sounds like we're almost there on baskets already. Should be good by tourney time. I don't have to list the food brought on the list, but send me a line if you can bring something. Even if just cheese and fritos. That way we can be sure we'll have plenty to eat!

Sponsorship Incentive

On another note, I've had some questions come up last year and again this year about sponsorship. If you or your business wish to donate extra money to the event, you can use this money to buy mulligans if you wish. All mulligan sales will come with a raffle ticket, (except the 2 you get for free). If you are really trying to help this event go over the top of our goal and are recruiting additional outside sponsorship, you can also use some of this money to spend on tickets as well. 25% of the sponsorship value up to $40 can be used to purchase extra mulligans. You should get the OK from your sponsor if you intend to use the money for entry fees, since only a portion of this money will be going to the donation effort.
Example: John Dough gets a sponsorship of $120 from Snowmobilia. He decides he wants all of this money to go to the Food Bank, so he pays his own entry of $30. J.D. would get 25% of $120 or, $30, equal to 15 extra mulligans.

For those wanting to write their checks out early, you can write checks for entry to Air Capital Disc Golf Club and mulligan/raffle sales or donations to the Kansas Food Bank. But if you write just one check to either party it is fine, so long as we record what the donation value is. It's easier if you write the check to the ACDGC, that way we can cut the Food Bank one check, but I understand sponsors wanting to make sure the money goes to charity. All disc sales, raffle sales, and a whole lot of added money will be going straight to the Kansas Food Bank.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Winfielders welcome!

2 drives on the first hole? Absolutely, just burn your free mully. Dave can heckle, so long as he does it equally amongst all the participants.

Really, I just wanted to say we are cancelling league in Wichita on Feb 26th so that we can show up in force at the Winfield Food Drive. Heard really good things about this event. So share the love and bring some comaraderie up our way.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Mike - I have a Discatcher Sport and a Mach Lite you can use....
smitty

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Winfielders welcome!

Really, I just wanted to say we are cancelling league in Wichita on Feb 26th so that we can show up in force at the Winfield Food Drive. Heard really good things about this event. So share the love and bring some comaraderie up our way.
Thanks for thinking about us.

Problem is that Pratt needs to use the 26th to run their Food Drive at Lemon park. So I had to bump ours to March 5th.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Didn't know about that. We can change up our schedule.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Since the Ice bowl is about Raising money and or food for the local food bank. Are we going to be able to by mulligans with food donations? If we can I even have a often used formula from other clubs Ice bowls.
1 mulligan = 2 large box foods Example; Cereal, saltine crackers, Rice, oatmeal.
1 mulligan = 3 small box foods Example: mac-n-cheese, rice-a-roni, stuffing mix, cake mixes
1 mulligan = 4 can goods Example: veggies, fruit, Pork-n-beans, soups
Because protine is high demand items at food banks large meat and protine Items get 2 mulligans Example Large jar peanut butter, Large cans of chowmien, large cans of stew. or Two large cans of Spam.
just an idea that i think would incorage more people to bring food in too.
Chain smoker