Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

The Day After Fore Fathers... Moundridge!!

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
_dm4

The Day After Fore Fathers... Moundridge!!

Post by _dm4 »

I will be TD'ing a KDGA tourney "the day after" Fore Fathers Fling in Moundridge, Sunday, 3/13/11! You may know this course hasn't been in the ground long and this will be the first tourney in Moundridge. Rodney will be trying to round up some sponsorship money and prizes. If he does, one of us will post that on here. So, lets make a weekend out of it. Play Derby on Saturday and then Moundridge on Sunday!

Open Division $35
Masters/Women $30
Advanced $25
Am $20
Junior $15

We can add more divisions as needed. Right now there is not a players pack, but the entry fee is a bit lower, so that might help. Ace fund ($3.00) and KDGA fee ($2.00) are included! So come check out the course and see what people are talking about in Moundridge!

We will be adding more info this week. PM me if you have any questions. Also, post on here or PM me if you are planning on attending. Don
_dm4

Re: The Day After Fore Fathers... Moundridge!!

Post by _dm4 »

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour on Saturday night (Daylight Savings)! (I'm sure someone will chime in if I said that wrong)!
Ring

Post by Ring »

Are you adding any holes Don? Or are we just playing the 9 four times.. I will be there for sure with a few others..
Evreybody dies but not everybody lives...
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

I have 3 extra baskets that we can put up over on the High School grounds (will double check if we can) if we find out there will be more than 25 coming...So please let us know if you plan to be there. I'm going into Moundridge today to drum up sponsorships. Will let you know what I get every evening. If anyone has any ideas for sponsorships in Moundridge/Hesston/Newton/McPherson/Buhler/Inman, let me know. I will also be putting in a press release in the Moundridge paper that comes out on Thursday.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Ring wrote:Are you adding any holes Don? Or are we just playing the 9 four times.. I will be there for sure with a few others..
Good to hear Jeff!
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

I won't! Boo this event! If I didn't have an obligation to family and already fork out my entry fee for pueblo I'd be there! But since I can't I going to maintain my booing you don! Boo....boo. Lol just kidding but not really!
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

kscustom wrote:I won't! Boo this event! If I didn't have an obligation to family and already fork out my entry fee for pueblo I'd be there! But since I can't I going to maintain my booing you don! Boo....boo. Lol just kidding but not really!
Ya, we just decided since we are playing Derby Sat. we should have someplace to go Sun. We would be playing Moundridge anyway so might as well invite everyone!!! So you are invited too! But I will understand if you don't show. Have fun in Colorado! Play well! (putt like you have been, but ease up on that drive a little! Either that or clear all the fairways to your right AND left! :P ).
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

Sponsorship progress after two days: $100 = Central Kansas Credit Union, 2x$10 gift cards(free lunches) 48 cans of soda = Moundridge Food Market, Large Pizza for lunch = Shell gas station. Several businesses are making decisions and talked to the Athletic Director at the High School and he's excited to tell all his students about it. Press Release will come out in Thursday's Moundridge and possibly Hesston's newspapers. Will be going out tomorrow and Thursday yet.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Good job! Way to get some sponsors! Keep going!!
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

What time ?
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

The usual:
Registration 8:30-9:30 am
Players Meeting 9:40
Tee off 10am sharp

27 people and under = 2 rounds of 9 in am, 2 rounds of 9 in pm
27+ people and we will add 3 baskets on the High School Grounds

Side Note: The City said it's too early to turn on the water at the swimming pool so no bathrooms on the property. Please plan accordingly. Closest Public Restroom is downtown at the Shell gas station.
We will try to remember to supply some water for water bottles.

I've received a bunch more Players pack items and Contest prizes but no more added money as of yet. Still working on it. Jake Schrag has talked to several businesses and individuals about donating some discs.

There is a good chance that 5-10 local Juniors will be there for their first tournament. If anyone has some beginner Putters and Drivers that they would like to donate for Junior and intermediate players packs please let me know.

Rodney
pironix

Post by pironix »

Robin Reimer and I plan on coming...
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

I might get to go but may need to work. Never been there. Directions please.
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

Directions to Moundridge Disc Golf Course:

From the South
North on Interstate 135 (past Newton and Hesston)
Take first Moundridge exit (travel West)
Go approx. 1 mile (you will see the High School/Middle School building on the left, right after that take the first street on the left (right before the Church) and go South two blocks to the Park/course/swimming pool.

From the North
South on Interstate 135 (past McPherson and Elyria)
Take first Moundridge exit (travel South)
Go approx. 2 miles to Center of town and turn left/East. Go down the long hill and turn right/South right after the church (on your right) and go South two blocks to the Park/course/swimming pool.

From Hutch
North on 61 hwy to Medora
East on Dutch avenue, through Buhler and 15 miles to the Moundridge/Halstead Rd.
Turn left/North and go 4 miles to the center of town and turn right/East. Go down the long hill and turn right/South right after the church (on your right) and go South two blocks to the Park/course/swimming pool.

Call me at 316-284-1203 if you get lost

Rodney
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

It was a fun day in Moundridge! 15 people came, even though the weather wasn't that great. There were no casualties!! Thanks to all who came to this. Here are the results;

Open
Ben Wiggins- 50, 53- 103 $80.00
Austin Streit- 53, 55- 108- $60.00
Ben Maass- 57, 58- 109- $20.00
Brendan Hickman- 55, 54- 109- $20.00 (I will send this to you).
Jeff Ring- 54, 57- 111
Jason Adkins- 65, 63- 128

Masters
Curtis Broadhurst- 54, 53- 107- $50.00
Don Mordecai- 57, 55- 112- $40.00
Rodney Dyck- 52, 62- 116

Open Women
Robin Reimer- 67, 64- 131- $30.00

Am
Loyd Majors- 63, 62- 125- 3 discs
Russ- 67, 67- 134- 2 discs
Vince N.- 65, 69- 134- 1 disc
Craig Winters-66, 77- 143

Am Women
Kenni- 105, 93- 197- Putter, 1 other disc

We heard a lot of good comments about the course, which is challenging, so make plans for this tournament next year and we will hope for better weather. Brandon Mace of Maceman Disc Golf Gear and the KDGA stopped in to say hello and to give a TON of Run for the Roses Prizes (we tried to get him to play, but he just said no)! Thanks to Maceman and the KDGA!!!